America's Music Cities, 8 Days
1 July 2020 - 30 April 2021
8 day tour departing New Orleans.
7 Nights accommodation staying in Hotels.
10 meals including breakfast daily.
Services of a professional Tour Manager.
Transport by private motor coach.
Day 1 New Orleans. Step back in time on a cultural getaway that opens in the "Jazz Capital of the World," New Orleans This soulful city abounds with rich history, mouthwatering Cajun and Creole cuisine, and of course, an incomparable soundtrack.
Day 2 New Orleans. It's your choice Embark on a walking tour of New Orleans' famous French Quarter where you'll see the majestic St. Louis Cathedral, one of the city's most recognisable landmarks. Continue to the bustling French Marketplace where you'll explore Pirates Alley and view the Cabildo, the Presbytere and the Pontalba -OR- set out on a panoramic motorcoach tour of New Orleans with a local guide that begins along historic Esplanade Avenue and rolls on to see St. Louis Cemetery #3, which opened in 1854 and holds some of the most elaborate crypts found in the city's cemeteries. Relax during a drive along the shoreline of Lake Pontchartrain. This romantic road eventually leads to St. Charles Avenue, whisking you past gorgeous mansions and two world-famous universities, Loyola and Tulane. Whichever you choose, you'll stop to taste a true New Orleans favourite - beignets at the famed Cafe Du Monde. Tonight, get to know your travel companions at a festive New Orleans-style welcome dinner.
Day 3 New Orleans. Journey through Louisiana's swamp on a cruise narrated by the captain himself. Learn about the history and ecology of this fascinating ecosystem whilst keeping an eye out for wildlife including bald eagles, herons, turtles and alligators Then, celebrate the festive side of New Orleans at Mardi Gras World, the working warehouse where artisans create the spectacular floats for the famous parades. You'll even get to indulge in a tasting of king cake. Tonight, enjoy dinner on your own before meeting your Tour Manager and fellow travel companions at Maison Bourbon, a live jazz club in the French Quarter.
Day 4 New Orleans to Memphis. Travel north to Memphis, the birthplace of the Blues, Rock 'n' Roll and Soul. Enjoy Southern hospitality at your hotel just steps away from the iconic Graceland.
Day 5 Memphis. This morning, put on your blue suede shoes and get ready to visit Graceland, the palatial home of the King himself, Elvis Presley. Enter Elvis' 14-acre estate and visit his home, original business office, trophy building with exhibits depicting Elvis' life at Graceland, racquetball building, and the Meditation Garden, where Elvis and members of his family have been laid to rest. Then head out on a one-of-a-kind tour of the city of Memphis. You may be tempted to sing along as local musicians board the coach to tell the stories of Memphis' musical heritage and its rich history. The remainder of your day is free to enjoy this city's vast musical offerings. You may wish to spend more time at Graceland, or join an optional Memphis Musical History Tour with dinner.
Day 6 Memphis to Nashville. Roll along Music Highway to the "Music Capital of the World," Nashville We'll make a stop at the West Delta Heritage Centre to discover the roots of the country blues sound that originated in West Tennessee. The Queen of Rock, Tina Turner, was born here in Brownsville, so it's only fitting that there's an exhibit dedicated to her. When you arrive in Nashville, enjoy a tour of the historic Ryman Auditorium, the original home of the Grand Ole Opry. This evening, take your reserved seat at the renowned Grand Ole Opry. What began as a building where a local radio broadcast show aired once a week in 1925 has grown to become an entertainment complex that attracts music fans from all over the world.
Day 7 Nashville. Your day begins with a tour of RCA Studio B giving you an insider's look at Nashville's oldest remaining recording studio, where Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton and Charley Pride once recorded some of their classic hits. Learn how each artist recorded their chart-topping music in this famous studio - you may even have the opportunity to record your own hit. Then, explore the Country Music Hall of Fame, the largest museum of popular music in the world. Check out the museum's vast collections of memorabilia, costumes, recordings and instruments, artfully presented in cutting-edge exhibits that relay the colourful histories of country music and its artists. Afterwards, discover the flavour of the region at a family-owned distillery when you tour the facility and taste its Tennessee whiskey.
Day 8 Nashville. Your rockin' musical journey comes to a close today.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 May 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..