National Parks of America, 12 Days
1 July - 17 October 2020
12 day tour departing Phoenix.
11 Nights accommodation staying in Hotels.
17 meals including breakfast daily.
Services of a professional Tour Manager.
Transport by private motor coach.
Day 1 Scottsdale. Explore the most famous canyons of the American West on a journey featuring three national parks. Begin in colourful Scottsdale where you will join your fellow travellers for a welcome dinner.
Day 2 Scottsdale to Sedona to Grand Canyon. Begin the day with a visit to the artists' colony of Sedona where you will see the amazing rock formations change hue with each turn in the road. Afterward, travel through the beautiful scenery before arriving at one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the spectacular Grand Canyon. Upon arrival, relax at one of the many public seating areas overlooking the immense and colourful canyon. Take a moment to reflect as you stand in awe of this iconic natural treasure. Before dinner you may wish to take a short hike to explore the area.
Day 3 Grand Canyon to Lake Powell. Today, travel to Carl Hayden Visitors Centre and look out over Glen Canyon Dam and see to the end of Lake Powell. Later today, arrive at Lake Powell where you'll enjoy dinner and sunset views of the lake.
Day 4 Lake Powell to Zion National Park. This morning, embark on a delightful breakfast cruise on scenic Lake Powell. Today's destination is the red and white sandstone cliffs of Zion National Park. Zion is very likely one of the most awe-inspiring national parks in the world, just in sheer magnitude and colour. You'll have time for a leisurely hike on the Lower Emerald Pool Trail to see the lower pool and waterfalls. Then enjoy the view from the floor of the canyon as you ride along on the Zion tram.
Day 5 Zion National Park to Bryce Canyon National Park to Salt Lake City. En route to Salt Lake City we will stop at Bryce Canyon National Park, truly one of the most spectacular scenic wonders of the world. The formations within the park, called Hoodoos, are the creation of wind and water erosion over eons of time. Iron oxidizing within the rock causes the natural orange and red hues that colour these formations. A drive north takes you to Salt Lake City, the "City of the Saints," for a 2-night stay.
Day 6 Salt Lake City. Enjoy a tour of Salt Lake City featuring the Great Salt Lake, the State Capitol and the residential district. Then, take the rest of the day to relax or independently explore. Perhaps you will choose to explore Temple Square: this beautifully landscaped 10-acre plot of ground in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City is one of Utah's most visited attractions. The square's centrepiece is the 6-spired granite Salt Lake Temple, and adjacent to this imposing edifice is the domed Tabernacle, home of the famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the great Tabernacle organ.
Day 7 Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole. En route to Wyoming you will see the majestic Bear Lake Summit. Later, arrive in the cowboy town of Jackson Hole. Tonight, experience a fun-filled evening of cowboy entertainment and a traditional chuck wagon dinner.
Day 8 Jackson Hole. The day is yours to enjoy Jackson Hole. Optional activities include shopping, canoeing, hiking and river-rafting trips. Of course, your Tour Manager will be ready with suggestions.
Day 9 Jackson Hole to Grand Teton to Yellowstone National Parks. From Jackson Hole, pass through Grand Teton National Park. Towering more than a mile above the valley of Jackson Hole, the Grand Teton rises to 13,770 feet. Twelve Teton peaks reach above 12,000 feet and support a dozen mountain glaciers. The Teton Range is the youngest range in the Rockies and displays some of North America's oldest rocks. Later, arrive at the amazing Yellowstone National Park and explore the incredible sights of this magnificent park. One of the many highlights is the world-famous Old Faithful Geyser, a fountain of steam that rises more than 130 feet in the air.
Day 10 Yellowstone National Park to Cody to Sheridan. A delightful day of sightseeing begins with a trip along Yellowstone Lake and over Sylvan Pass. From the mountains to the prairies, the scenery is simply amazing. As you pass through Cody, a stop will be made at the Buffalo Bill Centre of the West, a tribute to one of the most colourful figures of the Old West, Buffalo Bill Cody. Before turning in for the night in Sheridan, drive through the incredible Bighorn Mountains and journey through the territory of the Great Sioux Nation.
Day 11 Sheridan to Rapid City. Visit Crazy Horse Memorial, a monument dedicated to the Native Americans of this great land. You'll also have the opportunity to visit the Native American Cultural Centre to learn about their culture and customs. Here, Native Americans discuss the movements of their dances and the significance of wearing different feathers and clothes. Later, see one of the country's most famous landmarks, Mount Rushmore, whose four figures carved in stone represent the first 150 years of American history. At tonight's farewell dinner you will meet a local Lakota Native American and learn all about their fascinating way of life, past and present.
Day 12 Rapid City. Your tour comes to a close, leaving you with many wonderful memories.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 May 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..