From 01/10/2021 to 31/10/2021
Visit Dracula’s Castle.
Spend Halloween night in the Romanian mountains.
Visit the Salt Mine in Turda.
Your legendary Busabout crew.
6 nights’ accommodation.
All coach transport.
All orientation walks.
Turda Salt Mine .
Bran Castle tour and entrance fee.
Exclusive Halloween party location .
Halloween BBQ at Racatau Valley .
Day 1 - Budapest to Cluj Our adventure begins with our early departure from Budapest! To start our terrifying trek we’ll race against the sun to arrive in Romania before dusk. We’ll be stopping for lunch as we go, drawing ever closer to the Romanian border. We arrive this evening in the city of Cluj, known for its rich academic, cultural and religious landmarks. Skulk out on an orientation creep of the city to stretch your monstrous legs and explore the many gloriously ghastly sights on offer. Don’t forget to eat your garlic!
Day 2 - Cluj to Turda to Sibiu to Sibiel So much to see and only a day to do it! We’ll be departing bright and early, making our way towards Sibiel via Turda and Sibiu. Whilst in Turda, we’ll be stopping at the world-famous Salina Turda mines where you’ll get to explore the cavernous rooms carved into the minerals. Next, our devilish trip takes us to sinful Sibiu for lunch and an optional walking tour of this culturally rich and truly idyllic city. This evening, we arrive in the bucolic village of Sibiel. Enjoy your rustic surroundings however you choose or feel free to join us for an immersive evening of traditional Transylvanian folk dancing and authentic local food. - Breakfast included
Day 3 - Sibiel to Brasov Rejoice, fellow horror fans, today we depart for our most horrifying of horrid attractions: the former home of Vlad Tepes. Vlad the Impaler was the Prince and ruler of Wallachia. Although renowned for his acts of unspeakable cruelty he was a well-liked ruler among his people. Enjoy your included tour of the castle and learn of the many legends, myths, and tales surrounding the Son of the Dragon. After, Brasov, the birthplace of the Romanian National Anthem, beckons. Upon arrival we’ll undergo a short orientation walk to better acquaint ourselves with the city, followed by an optional walking tour for those of us who’d like to plunder the depths of a city awash in historic buildings and monuments. Check out some of the local bars and cafes, grab some lunch and a few drinks, or just explore the city for yourself. Tonight, enjoy dinner in the thriving centre of Transylvania! - Breakfast included
Day 4 - Brasov In Brasov, the day is yours to spend as you choose. Perhaps head up Tampa Hill for some breathtaking sights, check out the Gothic architecture of the Black Church, or simply enjoy a day exploring the local wares. Tonight, we get together for an optional Romanian meal and reflect on a day steeped in history and blood. - Breakfast included
Day 5 - Brasov to Racatau Valley Let’s add an extra dash of spooky to the tour with a trip to Racatau Valley, stopping in Sighisoara. We arrive in the home of Dracula around lunch, ready to stretch our legs on an orientation tour of this gorgeously colourful medieval city. Sighisoara is renowned for its architecture, especially the many towers and churches. It’s also the town where Vlad Dracula lived in exile, and consequently where the Dracula legend was born. We’ll enjoy a tour of the citadel and depart for our party lodge after lunch. Tonight we’ll dine on BBQ and boo-gie ‘til we drop at our Halloween bonanza. Join us for some drinks by the light of a roaring bonfire, then spend the rest of the night partying with your fellow passengers. - Breakfast and dinner included
Day 6 - Racatau Valley to Budapest Things may have got a little too scary in Racatau Valley so we’re very bravely running away, back to safer grounds and the Hungarian border. We’ll be taking the scenic route back to Budapest, soaking up the spectacular scenery of the Romanian countryside to remind ourselves there’s still light and life in this sometimes macabre world. We’ll arrive in Budapest this evening, where you’re free to stretch your legs or take a load off, recharging in preparation of our final night together. - Breakfast included
Day 7 - Budapest Check-out is after breakfast this morning. We hope to see you again! - Breakfast included
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans