NORTH OF IRELAND ESCAPE
From 06/12/2020 to 12/12/2020
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 2.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN DUBLIN, IRELAND. Cead mile failte-a hundred-thousand welcomes! Check into your hotel. At 3 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for an afternoon orientation drive through statue-lined O'Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares with their tall, red-brick townhouses, colourful doors, and wrought iron-decorated windows, Oscar Wilde's Trinity College and St. Patrick's Cathedral. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - DUBLIN-ATHLONE-RATHBAUN FARM-GALWAY. Drive through lush green country side to Athlone, on the River Shannon, and then to RATHBAUN FARM, where you'll see the farmer maneuver a flock of sheep with the help of a sheep dog. Try your hand at SCONE BAKING and then enjoy them fresh from the oven with a cup of coffee. On to Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan centre with colourful shops and a busy cafe and bar culture. (B)
Day 3 - GALWAY-WESTPORT-DONEGAL-LETTERKENNY. On your way north, pause at Westport, the elegant holiday resort on the edge of an Atlantic inlet, before continuing to Donegal, named 'Fort of the Foreigners' by the Vikings who invaded the town in the 8th century. Continue on through rich and fertile farmland, strewn with whitewashed houses, to Letterkenny. (B,D)
Day 4 - LETTERKENNY-DERRY, NORTHERN IRELAND-GIANT'S CAUSEWAY-BELFAST. The first highlight today is Derry, situated on the banks of the Foyle River, and a walk on the Old Town walls in the company of a Local Guide. After lunch, visit the awe-inspiring GIANT'S CAUSEWAY, composed of thousands of strangely symmetrical basalt columns jutting out to sea. Stay overnight in Belfast, Northern Ireland's seat of government. (B)
Day 5 - BELFAST This morning's orientation drive will take you past all the city's attractions, including City Hall, the Albert Memorial Clock Tower, and Queens University. Next, visit the fascinating TITANIC EXPERIENCE and learn all about the building of the largest passenger steam ship, its maiden voyage, and the tragic night of April 14, 1912. Later, consider an optional visit to Hillsborough Castle, official residence of the Queen and the Royal Family when they are in Northern Ireland, before taking afternoon tea in a nearby eatery. (B)
Day 6 - BELFAST-CARLINGFORD, IRELAND-DUBLIN. On your way back south, stop in Carlingford, on the Cooley Peninsula, known for its oyster farms and medieval buildings. The 12th-century King John's Castle overlooks the harbor and Taaffe's Castle-a 16th-century tower house. Back in Dublin, a fitting farewell to Ireland would be to join an optional cabaret evening with dinner, followed by dance, song, and laughter. (B)
Day 7 - DUBLIN Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.