Journey through the Clouds Discovery Self-Drive
2 days Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service.
2 breakfasts, 2 lunches.
7 nights hotel accommodation.
5 days full-size car rental, including one-way drop charge and unlimited kilometres.
Rail station transfers in Vancouver and Kamloops.
BONUS Receive 4 FREE Perks - 2 hotel nights, 1 hotel dinner and a one-way airport transfer
The accommodationDay 1 Vancouver Arrival
Arrive in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 2 Vancouver to Kamloops
Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. On today's journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops. Overnight in Kamloops. B, L.
Day 3 Kamloops to Jasper
Your journey continues north and east to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. Today's highlights include Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. Your rail journey ends this evening on arrival in the resort town of Jasper. Overnight in Jasper. B, L.
Day 4 Exploring Jasper National Park
Enjoy a day touring at your leisure in Jasper National Park with your rental car. Among the area's highlights are Pyramid and Patricia Lakes, Maligne Canyon, Miette Hot Springs, Maligne Lake and Whistlers Mountain. Overnight in Jasper.
Day 5 Jasper to Lake Louise
Travel south to Lake Louise via the spectacular Icefields Parkway. Allow time to visit highlights along the way, including Athabasca Falls, Bow Summit, and Crowfoot Glacier. With sightseeing stops, we recommend allowing at least eight hours for today's drive. Overnight in Lake Louise.
Day 6 Lake Louise to Banff
Today, drive the scenic one-hour journey from Lake Louise to Banff. Along the way, watch for deer and elk crossing the specially constructed wildlife bridges over the highway. Alternatively, take a more leisurely drive along the Bow Valley Parkway for views of Castle Mountain and Johnston Canyon (requires a short walk). The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore the shops, restaurants, pristine scenery and plentiful wildlife of magnificent Banff National Park. Overnight in Banff.
Day 7 Banff to Calgary
Travel through Kananaskis Country and the western ranching regions of Alberta at your own pace before arriving in Calgary. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 8 Calgary Car Rental Return
Drop off your rental car in downtown Calgary or at Calgary International Airport, where your journey ends.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 5 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on [twin share] unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).�All Aboard� offer (�Offer�)applies only to new 2021 bookings made by August 28, 2020 for qualifying Rocky Mountaineer itineraries booked in GoldLeaf or SilverLeaf Service for travel during the 2021 Rocky Mountaineer season on selected dates.
- Offer is per booking and applies to single, double, triple or quad occupancy bookings of 8 paid days/7 paid nights or more, must be requested at the time of booking and will not be automatically allocated or retroactively added. Free Perks are: (a) two additional hotel nights in Vancouver, Calgary, or Victoria at the beginning or end of a package. Additional hotel night(s) must match the accommodation grade and occupancy level of package booked; (b) one private standard airport or cruise port transfer; and (c) one set-menu dinner at a selected package hotel (not available on rail days). Transfer and dinner are for number of persons on corresponding booking.
- All free perks are subject to availability and not all four perks may be available on all bookings depending on date selection. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, has no cash value, is non-transferable and cannot be deferred to a later trip or used against the price of the purchased package or to upgrade rail service or accommodation. Offer is not applicable to group bookings or itineraries of less than 8 paid days/7 paid nights. JTC excursion and Rockies and Vancouver Island Circle excursion packages are excluded. Offer is capacity controlled and may be modified, withdrawn or amended without prior notice. Deposits are required at the time of booking and full payment of the balance must be made by Friday, January 15, 2021. Additional conditions apply. All figures advertised are in AUD and value of Offer is based on a double occupancy booking during peak season in GoldLeaf Service. Rocky Mountaineer reserves the right to amend hotels included in the package. Hotel properties are subject to availability based on inventory.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..