Wonders of the Western Cape
From 16/01/2021 to 27/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sat 16 2021 to Jan Mon 25 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
Jan Sat 30 2021 to Feb Mon 08 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
Feb Sat 13 2021 to Feb Mon 22 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
Feb Sat 27 2021 to Mar Mon 08 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
Mar Sat 13 2021 to Mar Mon 22 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
Mar Sat 27 2021 to Apr Mon 05 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
Apr Sat 10 2021 to Apr Mon 19 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
Apr Sat 24 2021 to May Mon 03 2021AvailableFrom$3,075*
May Sat 15 2021 to May Mon 24 2021AvailableFrom$2,825*
May Sat 29 2021 to Jun Mon 07 2021AvailableFrom$2,825*
Jun Sat 12 2021 to Jun Mon 21 2021AvailableFrom$2,825*
Jun Sat 26 2021 to Jul Mon 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,795*
Jul Sat 10 2021 to Jul Mon 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,825*
Jul Sat 24 2021 to Aug Mon 02 2021AvailableFrom$2,825*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Mon 16 2021AvailableFrom$2,825*
Aug Sat 21 2021 to Aug Mon 30 2021AvailableFrom$2,825*
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Mon 20 2021AvailableFrom$3,125*
Sep Sat 25 2021 to Oct Mon 04 2021AvailableFrom$3,125*
Oct Sat 09 2021 to Oct Mon 18 2021AvailableFrom$3,125*
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day.
Please refer to the price panel.
Day 1 - Arrive Cape Town (2 Nights) Aweh (hey), Cape Town! Before exploring all the magnificent sights, sounds and flavours of the city, you'll meet up with your Costsaver representative at the airport and be transferred to your hotel in the heart of the city. You're staying in the midst of the buzz, so make the most of your time exploring before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner and trip briefing.
Day 2 - Cape Town Orientation and Free Time Ready for an exhilarating day, Cape Town style? Kick things off by exploring the suburb of Bo-Kaap, where rainbow-hued houses and facades turn the streets into works of art. Get your first dose of nature during a visit to the Company Gardens, before taking a spin around the 17th-century Castle of Good Hope. Then, leave the city below to catch a ride up Table Mountain, where the local furry residents (hyraxes) are the only things that may steal your attention from the view. Later, check out the golden beaches of the area on an optional e-bike ride, followed by a sunset beach braai (barbecue). For the musically-inclined, consider jamming your way through a djembe drumming session, followed by a delicious and traditional African feast.
Day 3 - Cape Town - Hermanus (1 Night) Put away your camera and just enjoy the ride as you wind your way along one of South Africa's most awe inspiring drives from Cape Town to Hermanus. The Hottentots Holland mountains plunge dramatically into the Atlantic for most of the route, so you'll want to simply stare out over the epic scenery. Arrive in Hermanus and enjoy lunch with stunning views of the ocean. Then, hit the water on an Optional sea kayaking experience in Walker Bay or unleash your inner wine connoisseur on a visit to a renowned vineyard in the aptly named Hemel-en-Aarde (Heaven-and-Earth) Valley.
Day 4 - Hermanus - Garden Route Game Reserve (2 Nights) The one thought on everyone's minds today: will you spot the Big 5? Before heading into the wild, expect to be wowed by the swirling waters of the southern most tip of Africa, Cape Agulhas, where the Indian Ocean collides with the Atlantic. Then, get your game face on for your safari adventure at the Garden Route Game Reserve, keeping your eyes peeled for the wonders of the African bushveld-glimpses of impala, zebra and giraffe are highly likely.
Day 5 - Garden Route Game Reserve Safari Day Rise with the Cape turtle doves and let their songs kickstart another magnificent day in South Africa. We'll get out into the bush early to avoid the heat of the day, so after grabbing a cup of coffee, don your safari hat for a morning adventure through the fynbos-clad landscape in search of wildlife. You may be lucky enough to spot lions lazing in the shade of a tree, Buffalo weavers stripping the trees to craft their nests or perhaps even a lonely dung beetle rolling his 'treasure' uphill. Return to camp for a hearty breakfast and afternoon siesta to recharge, before grabbing your binoculars for another safari late this afternoon.
Day 6 - Garden Route Game Reserve - Knysna (2 Nights) You don't need green fingers to enjoy South Africa's lush Garden Route. Take a quick side trip to Victoria Bay and stretch your legs or soak in its refreshing salty waters. Your next stop is a bit of a tongue-twister. Knysna, pronounced 'Naaisnah' (the 'k' is silent), sits sheltered on the edge of a lagoon, shielded from the Indian Ocean by two mountainous outcrops, referred to as the Knysna Heads. With the rest of the day to do as you choose, perhaps opt to join a guided walk through lush, flora dense forests where hundreds of elephants once roamed. Or, if you want to relax until the evening, why not join a sunset dinner cruise on board a traditional paddle steamer, that will sail you along the tranquil waters of the lagoon.
Day 7 - Knsyna Free Day You'll be grateful for an extra day to explore Knysna your way today. There's plenty to do in this pretty town and its surrounds, but we'd recommend joining our boat ride across the Knysna Lagoon, to Featherbed Nature Reserve. Once here, buckle up and enjoy a 4X4 ride along the western headland, stopping along the appreciate the contrast of the bright blue sea, sandy beaches and lush green headlands. If a slower pace is more your vibe, take a stroll down Sedgefield beach with a Local Guide to learn about the Strandlopers, who once roamed these beaches to gather food.
Day 8 - Knysna - Cape Town (2 Nights) End your epic journey in South Africa's Fairest Cape the same way you started it, in what locals call the "Mother City". You'll return to Cape Town this morning, stopping in Swellendam, the third-oldest town in South Africa. The centre of a large farming community, Swellendam is particularly renowned for its Cape Dutch architecture - whitewashed walls, thatched roofs and the characteristic gable which makes them unmistakably Dutch in heritage.
Day 9 - Cape Town Free Day Get your final fix of Cape Town with a full day to spend your way. If you want to relax, consider kicking back at a craft beer tasting experience and tucking in to a beach braai (barbecue) at Blaauwberg Nature Reserve. Keen to fit in one last adventure? Why not explore the rugged Cape Peninsula coastline, passing the Twelve Apostles, Cape Point and Boulders Beach to check out the colony of African Jackass penguins. However you choose to enjoy the day, you'll have plenty of stories to share over our final dinner.
Day 10 - Depart Cape Town The time has come to say totsiens (until we see each other again) as you prepare to return home after your soul-stirring visit to South Africa's fairest Cape. All that's left is to plan for your return as you transfer to Cape Town International Airport for your flight home. Sightseeing Highlights Cape Town City orientation tour and Table Mountain visit Garden Route Game Reserve Three game drives in safari vehicles Hermanus Visit the whale watching capital of South Africa Knysna Explore the Knysna Quays area
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.