Caribbean Encounter(Twin Share Room,Start Cancun, End Antigua)
From 23/12/2021 to 29/01/2022
We always provide comfortable accommodation in a relaxed atmosphere - think comfy hotels and bright communal areas for you and your new squad to relax and socialise.
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts and delicious dinners from us but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine.
You'll taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Arrive Cancun There's no time for mucking around...we've got exploring to do. Traveller, welcome to Cancun where you'll be letting the good times roll - and the good times start now. Fun is the name of the gametoday in this stunning white sand beach spot. Thrillseekers could take a trip to some hidden watersdeep in the tropical jungle. A bit of rural island hopping, zipling a stint at Garrafon Natural Reef Park,a visit to some ancient Mayan ruins and finally some more swimming is all on offer. Explore theoffshore coral reefs and caves while the sunshine ripples through the crystal clear water. Then backto Cancun where seafood by the seashore is on the menu for a fabulous open-air sunset dinner withthe crew.
Day 2 - Cancun Just incase you don't know the drill by now, an ice cold cerveza should remind you that Cancun is a hub of wonderful entertainment. Feel like taking things further afield? White sand beaches, snorkelling, colourful cafes lining the streets and classic locals and shopping will see you living the good life and playing local in paradise. The legendary nightlife will certainly whip up yet another storm of dancing and live music back in Cancun tonight, so go on, get out there tonight and hit the dancefloor with the squad. Your Trip Manager knows this party like the back of their hand, your guarantee to be the know on all the best spots to head.
Day 3 - Cancun to Playa del Carmen Get ready for your next adventure this morning as we're heading to the beautiful shores of Playa del Carmen. A bit of retail therapy never hurt anyone, so how about a stroll down Paseo del Carmen shopping centre to spend some pesos?You'll fall head over heels for this sun-kissed seashore town. For the food addicts amongst you, a plethora of seaside bars and restaurants are here to blow your mind with their delicious cocktails and local recipes.
Day 4 - Playa del Carmen to Caye Caulker Can't get enough of Playa del Carmen? We thought so! So how about adding something extra to your Mexican extravaganza by experiencing the Caribbean in all its tropical glory? Snorkelling is on the menu for those who want to see the world from an 'underwater' angle.Mexico, you've stolen a slice of our hearts forever but with Belize & the Caribbean Island of Caye Caulker on the horizon, we're not feeling too sad...
Day 5 - Caye Caulker Rub your eyes, blink again, and say hello to the palm-fringed paradise where life moves at a slower pace. With fresh seafood, sparkling waters and a unique Creole atmosphere, Caye Caulker's soft sands and soft reggae sounds can only be topped by its outstanding World Heritage Barrier Reef and Mangrove kayaking opportunities. Time to sample some seafood and get down to some reggae rhythms.
Day 6 - Caye Caulker You'll need a big breakfast today because you're free to do whatever you want, which could mean a whole lot of exploring! Belize has a spectacular Barrier Reef that is just begging to be discovered, so grab a snorkel and get out there. Back on land, its all about sandy streets flanked by palm trees and dotted with cafes and bars lined with colourful hammocks, painted tables and the most laid back vibes we know. In the evening we'll take a romantic venture towards the horizon with a spot of dreamy sunset sailing. This is the life.
Day 7 - Caye Caulker to Tikal National Park via Belize City Water taxis will transport you back to the mainland across the glorious underwater playground you've become so well acquainted with over the last few days. It's time to head to Belize for exploring glorious Guatemala.It's a super swift passing by of the beloved Belize City before we take to the road to journey across the border into yet another stunning country, this time, Guatemala.Say hello to the Guatemalan jungle! We could just spend our time here enjoying the sights and sounds of the lush tropics, but we won't. Why? 'Cos we've got a whole load of adventures to get through, of course! This afternoon, you'll feel like Indiana Jones or Lara Croft (without the trail of destruction) with included ziplining.
Day 8 - Tikal to Antigua via Flores Rise and shine, today we'll take a locally guided tour of Tikal National Park, with ruin exploring including the Mayan Templo IV.Next it's a trip to the island of Flores, where we'll have lunch and time for shopping before flying this afternoon to Guatemala's capital city and then on to beautiful Antigua.This pretty place has heaps of history to soak up. You will notice colourful rooftop gardens dotted amongst the old buildings and you'll hear the clip clop of the horse drawn carriages that are still a favoured type of transport today. Start with a tour with our guide to learn about colonial buildings, tiny squares, and fountains, ending up with you feeling like a local in no time at all. You'll be glad to know there are two peaceful nights planned here in the old colonial town set right beneath two massive volcanoes.
Day 9 - Antigua Don your explorers cap today and head off for some ME time, the day is in your hands. Being able to choose your own adventure today could take you up Pacaya Volcano on a guided hike. If you'd rather produce those endorphins by making (and eating) your own chocolate, then that is also a rather delicious option where you'll learn about the process from start to end and take home the results of your efforts. Bike rides, coffee plantations, there's more to do that you can imagine. Guatemalan delights tonight? Yes please. We'll get local over chiles rellanos (or peppers stuffed to the brim with vegetables, meat and sauces). You're sure to hear a collective mmmm.
Day 10 - Depart Antigua Morning global roamers, we came, we saw, we Samba'd... We'll fuel up on one last breakfast together, then it's time to wipe away the tears and do those final friend requests because today you're homeward bound with firm plans in full steam for a Contiki 2.0 reunion in Asia no-doubt. Cancun Sunset Beach Dinner in Cancun Relax on the white sand beaches Caye Caulker Day 2 Sunset sail in Caye Caulker Tikal to Antigua Locally guided tour of Tikal National Park Included flight to Antigua Antigua Guatemalan feast in Antigua
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans