Ecuador & Galapagos Island Hopper (From Feb 2021)(Twin Room,Start Quito, End Guayaquil)
From 09/03/2021 to 29/01/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Tue 09 2021 to Mar Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$5,405*
Apr Tue 20 2021 to May Sat 01 2021AvailableFrom$4,694*
Jun Tue 08 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021AvailableFrom$4,694*
Jul Tue 06 2021 to Jul Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$4,694*
Jul Tue 27 2021 to Aug Sat 07 2021AvailableFrom$4,694*
Nov Tue 30 2021 to Dec Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$4,694*
We always provide comfortable accommodation in a relaxed atmosphere - think comfy hotels with bright communal areas for you and your new squad to relax and socialise.
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts, luscious lunches and delicious dinners from us but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine.
We'll get 17 of your meals, you get the rest.
You'll taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Quito Welcome to Quito! The mood will be sky high as we gather in Ecuador's capital. This modern day city (nicknamed the 'light of America') is built on ancient Incan ruins and boasts one of the best preserved historic centres in America. It was also the first city declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Fact. We'll jump straight in to a team tour of the city, skip between two hemispheres at the Equatorial line. Squeezing in a visit to the IInti-?an Museum should round off the first day on trip pretty nicely.
Day 2 - Quito to Tena It's out of the city & into the lush jungle with spectacular views en route. Not a bad way to spend the day.This stunning landscape is composed of vibrant hills and tumbling rivers that make it a White Water Rafting dream (hint, hint). If that's not your scene, we'll head to a humming bird sanctuary, and try and catch these beautiful birds as they buzz around. Then we'll settle in for the night, ready for big adventures tomorrow.
Day 3 - Tena Today is yours to roam the city and jungle to your hearts content. Maybe unwind over a few hot sugar cane and cinnamon drinks and a traditional canelazo brew, or opt to visit a local indigenous community - a pretty cool way to truly go local and give back on your trip. You'll get the chance to meet a shaman, play soccer with the local kids and really experience what tribe life is all about in this part of the world. Like the sound of this? Maybe consider packing some extra school supplies or tasty treats in your luggage - absolutely not essential but definitely appreciated by the local children. This afternoon, take the adrenaline up a notch and and hit the river for some fast and furious rafting. Nothing like a spot of rapid riding to induce group bonding. Tonight, we'll feast on delicious meats, sauces and salads, all traditional and sourced locally from the area. YUM.
Day 4 - Tena to Banos Good morning, Amazonian roamers! Today we're off to the adrenaline capital of Banos, so time to shimmy our way out of the rainforest - our next adventure awaits... Sitting amidst tumbling valleys, waterfalls, and the still active Volc?n Tungurahua, Banos is a big deal on the natural beauty front. With tomorrow earmarked as our day of outdoor adventuring, tonight is all about learning the art of sultry salsa with an included lesson to get our snake hips a-shaking. Our friendly local teacher, Edith, knows what's up on the dance floor, and by the time we leave those salsa pro's won't know what's hit them. Dance floor goals complete, we'll hop around some watering holes for a taste of the local nightlife.
Day 5 - Banos The adventure opportunities are endless today, with horseback riding, canyoneering and ziplining all on the menu. And trust us, this isn't just any regular old zipline - we're talking aerial bridges, rock climbing and speeding through the skies, Superman style - pretty much the ultimate aerial adventure. Don't have such a head for heights? Horsey fun and canyoneering expeditions will keep you on your toes. Oh what a tough day this will be in Banos - deciding how best to embrace your inner adventurer.
Day 6 - Banos to Quito Today we head back to Quito for a quick stopover for the night.You've got another chance to explore this beautiful city - lucky you! - but save some energy for tomorrow's adventure to the islands.
Day 7 - Quito to Isabela Island via Santa Cruz Island Rise and shine! This morning we're taking to the skies, bound for the glorious Galapagos Islands. Excited much? You should be. On arrival we'll appease our rumbling stomachs with some local food.Giant tortoises roaming their natural surroundings and incredible old lava tunnels will welcome us onto the island of Santa Cruz. After lunch, we'll take to the ocean and make tracks to our home for the night - the impossibly glorious Isabela Island, where we'll sleep amidst the spellbinding beauty of the Galapagos National Park.The inspiration behind Charles Darwin's 'Origin of Species', Isabela Island is home to wildlife you won't find anywhere else in the world. Picture the scene - sandy streets, palm trees, crystal waters and seal pups playing - can it really get any more perfect? Soak it all in, as it's home for the next little while.
Day 8 - Isabela Island Well good morning paradise. The ocean is calling, and who are we to resist her? Our wildlife kayaking adventure will see us taking to the seas with beady eyes on the lookout for green sea turtles.
Day 9 - Isabela Island to Santa Cruz Island We'll wake up hungry for the day this morning (that's what island life does to you), and for good reason - Santa Cruz is on the horizon.After settling in to the Santa Cruz way of life, we'll stroll down to the beach and the cosy Tortuga Bay. Wildlife fanatics will be in their element - the island is known for sharks, rays, turtles, great blue herons, and even blue footed boobies. Spend your time sunbaking next to a marine iguana, or roam the streets stopping off in cute cafes for fresh juice pit stops.
Day 10 - Santa Cruz to San Cristobal Island Back on our boat we'll set sail for San Cristobal, keeping our eyes peeled for cute bathing sea lions (we won't have to look too hard - they're literally everywhere). Four extinct volcanoes sit across the island creating scenic highlands that are best experienced by bike - mainly cruising downhill, you'll be happy to know. The tiny town of El Progreso will add a splash of colour to our journey, and we'll also cross five different vegetation zones before arriving at our seaside destination - La Loberia beach.
Day 11 - San Cristobal Island It's our last day soaking up the natural beauty of the Galapagos, and what a day we've got planned. Bird-watching will kick us off, followed by a cruise to the 143-metre Kicker Rock - a natural phenomenon that protrudes from the ocean and is one of the greatest icons of the area. Our Local Guide will give us the low-down on the wildlife - both above and below the water - that surrounds the rock, then we'll jump in and explore for ourselves. Keep a look out for chocolate chip starfish and a Galapagos Shark or two, but remember the golden rule - keep those toes off the coral, as you can do serious damage to the delicate eco-system. Back on board, we'll make tracks for Puerto Grande beach. Here, we'll eat lunch on board and enjoy a final afternoon of Galapagos fun, before rounding off the day with a feat to end all feasts. WHAT A DAY.
Day 12 - San Cristobal to Guayaquil There's time to relax this morning & take in the beauty of the island before heading back to the mainland where your trip ends on arrival. Not done yet? Why not fly to Peru and join our Peru Uncovered trip? Quito Locally Guided City Tour Visit the Equator and internan Museum Visit a handicraft market Quito to Isabela Island Included flight to Baltra Boat ride to Isabela Island See Galapagos famous giant tortoises Visit the lava tunnels Isabela Island Snorkelling experience Wildlife kayaking adventure Visit a Turtle breeding centre Isabela Island to Santa Cruz Island Visit Tortuga Bay and take a hike to a secluded beach Visit Charles Darwin Research Station Santa Cruz Island to San Cristobal Island See some Famous Sea Lions San Cristobal Island Explore Kicker Rock Visit a private beach San Cristobal Island to Guayaquil Included flight to Guayaquil
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.