Western Wonderland, 15 Days
Valid for select departures 8 May - 23 October 2021
15 day tour departing Perth.
14 night quality accommodation.
14 Full buffet breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 9 Dinners & 1 Farewell Dinner.
Services of an experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide.
Travel by luxury coach.
Day 1 Perth. Set off on a tour of the friendly Western Australian capital with your Travel Director. Visit Kings Park and explore its delightful Botanic Gardens on the broad expanse of the Swan River. This evening, enjoy the company of your travel companions at a Welcome Reception and dinner. Hotel: Travelodge Perth.
Day 2 Perth to Wave Rock. Journey through the Golden Outback to Boddington, the site of Australia's largest gold mine. Continue to Wave Rock, a magnificent rock formation formed over three million years ago. Hotel: Wave Rock Motel, Hyden.
Day 3 Wave Rock to Kalgoorlie. This morning, take an exclusive farm tour to learn about station life in the outback. Pass through the former gold boomtown of Coolgardie and continue to Kalgoorlie for spectacular views over the famous Super Pit open-cut gold mine, and an orientation tour of this historic town. Hotel: Rydges Kalgoorlie.
Day 4 Kalgoorlie to Esperance. Today, visit Cape Le Grand National Park and discover wild coastal scenery, rugged granite peaks, sweeping heathlands and white sand beaches. At stunning Lucky Bay, you may see some of the local kangaroos that like to laze on the pristine beach. Hotel: Comfort Inn Bay of Isles.
Day 5 Esperance to Albany. Travel on through Ravensthorpe and the unique Fitzgerald Biosphere. Later, at Bluff Knoll Lookout, you'll witness the rugged beauty of the Stirling Ranges National Park. Continue to Albany, a town imbued with Anzac history, and settle in to your hotel for the night. Hotel: The Dog Rock Motel, 2 nights.
Day 6 Albany. Today is yours to explore seaside Albany. You may consider a visit to the acclaimed National Anzac Centre overlooking the harbour, from which over 41,000 men and woman departed Australia for the Great War.
Day 7 Albany to Margaret River. Explore the canopy of the majestic Tingle forest on the Valley of the Giants Tree Top Walk. Then travel on to Cape Leeuwin, where the Indian and Great Southern Oceans meet, before leaving for Margaret River, one of Australia's premier winegrowing regions. Beaches and surf breaks line the nearby coast, whose waters host migratory whales between June and November. Hotel: Stay Margaret River, 2 nights.
Day 8 Margaret River. Margaret River is known for its fabulous wines and boutique producers. Today, you'll visit a winery for tastings and a lunch prepared from fresh local produce.
Day 9 Margaret River to Fremantle. You may like to take a stroll along the 2-kilometre jetty in Busselton, a popular holiday town on the shores of Geographe Bay. On arrival in Fremantle, the afternoon is yours to explore this wonderful city. You could visit the colourful Fremantle Markets to purchase local arts and crafts and taste local produce. We recommend taking a wander along the Fremantle foreshore to observe the impressive fishing fleet. Enjoy dinner this evening at your hotel. Hotel: Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, 2 nights.
Day 10 Fremantle. Today is yours to do as you choose. You might like to take an optional experience boat trip to Rottnest Island, a gazetted A-class nature reserve, or closer to home, a ride on the popular Fremantle Tram.
Day 11 Fremantle to Geraldton. Travel north along the coast, stopping in Yanchep National Park for an Aboriginal Cultural Experience with Derek Nannup a member of the local Nyoongar community. Continue along the coast past the seaside hamlet of Lancelin pausing to see the marvellous Pinnacles, a series of intriguing limestone formations. Explore the seaside township of Geraldton and visit the evocative HMAS Sydney Memorial. Hotel: Mantra Geraldton.
Day 12 Geraldton to Monkey Mia. Travel through Denham and World Heritage Shark Bay before reaching Monkey Mia. On your afternoon at leisure perhaps take an optional experience scenic flight or a wildlife cruise. Later, watch a glorious sunset over the Indian Ocean. Hotel: Monkey Mia Dolphin Resort.
Day 13 Monkey Mia to Kalbarri National Park. Watch the famous Monkey Mia dolphins swim into shore to be fed. Later, visit Shell Beach, formed by billions of cockle shells up to ten metres deep. Continue to Hamelin Pool to discover a unique colony of Stromatolites. In Kalbarri National Park witness the spectacular scenery of the Murchison River Gorge. During wildflower season the National Park flourishes with blooms. Hotel: Best Western Plus Kalbarri Edge Resort.
Day 14 Kalbarri National Park to Perth. Return to Perth, where you'll join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner. Hotel: Travelodge Perth.
Day 15 Perth. Say farewell to your new-found friends when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.