Kakadu's Ancient Secrets, 5 Days
Valid for select departures 2 May - 3 October 2021
5 day tour departing Darwin.
4 nights hand-picked accommodation.
4 Full buffet breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 3 Dinners with wine & 1 Local Dining Experience.
Complimentary refreshments throughout the journey.
A maximum of 20 guests to share your journey.
All entrance and National Park fees.
Sustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpack.
Exclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communities.
Built-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wish.
Services of Expert Driver Guide escorts.
Travel by bespoke 4WD vehicle with reclining seats, Wi-Fi and air-conditioning.
Day 1 Darwin to Mary River. Beginning in the tropical northern city of Darwin, meet your local Journey Director and board your bespoke 4WD vehicle. Your brush with Australia's natural treasures begins in Litchfield National Park. Hear how the local Aboriginal people's ancestral spirits have shaped the landscape, before embarking on a cross-country journey along the rugged Marrakai Track (seasonally accessible) to the Mary River Wetlands. Tonight, get to know your fellow guests at a Welcome Reception with drinks and canapes followed by dinner.
Day 2 Mary River to Kakadu. Wake up with the wildlife of Mary River and head to Corroboree Billabong, where you'll board an exclusive wildlife cruise in the company of a local guide to explore its floodplains and spot the creatures that find sanctuary in its lotus-covered waters. Journey into the tropical depths of the iconic Kakadu National Park next, stopping at Bowali Visitor Centre. Prime your adventurer legs this afternoon for a sunset walk at the rock art galleries of Ubirr. Perched atop Nadab Lookout, watch the sun dip into the lush Kakadu floodplains.
Day 3 Kakadu to Katherine. Enjoy a leisurely start to your day or take to the skies on an optional experience early morning scenic flight over Kakadu before venturing to Nourlangie to admire the ancient Dreamtime art of the Bininj and Mungguy people that is said to span 20,000 years. Later, veer off the sealed road and onto a gravel track for a scenic cross-country journey to Gunlom Falls - an exclusive hike to the top of the falls and be rewarded with a refreshing dip in the crystal-clear plunge pool. Enjoy lunch in the shade of rustling gum trees before you continue to Nitmiluk National Park, where you'll stay tonight in a five-star eco-lodge.
Day 4 Katherine Gorge. The hypnotic rhythms of the didgeridoo take centre stage this morning as you meet Manuel Pamkal and share in his passion for the rich traditional culture into which he was born. Learn about life in the bush and experience first-hand the fine art of rarrk painting using a special reed brush, after which you'll create your very own masterpiece to take home. Later, board a special dinner cruise and learn about the history and culture of the local Jawoyn people.
Day 5 Katherine to Darwin. A leisurely start to the day could see you relaxing at the lodge or embarking on a walk. Later, leave the wilderness behind and journey north along the Stuart Highway, stopping to cool off in the cascading waters of Edith Falls. Next, continue to Adelaide River War Cemetery and pay homage to the heroes who gave their lives in the service and defence of Australia. Bid farewell to this Inspiring Journey as you return to the tropical Northern Territory capital of Darwin.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.