Top End & Kimberley Coast Cruise, 20 Days
Valid for select departures 1 May - 31 August 2021.
20 day tour departing Broome.
2 nights accommodation at the Oaks Broome.
1 night accommodation staying at Fitzroy River Lodge in Fitzroy Crossing.
1 night accommodation staying at the Kimberley Hotel in Halls Creek.
2 nights accommodation staying at Emma Gorge Resort in El Questro.
1 night accommodation staying at Kununurra Country Club Resort in Kununurra.
1 night accommodation staying at the ibis Styles Katherine.
1 night accommodation staying at the Mantra on the Esplanade in Darwin.
10 nights cruising the Kimberley Coast aboard the Coral Adventurer 19 breakfasts, 10 lunches and 17 dinners.
Indulge in a gourmet dinner at El Questro Wilderness Park.
Board an Xplorer vessel or Zodiac and cruise to the base of King George Falls.
Discover the terraced rock formations of King Cascades.
Ride through Horizontal Falls aboard an inflatable Zodiac.
Services of a Travelmarvel Tour/Cruise Director and Driver*.
Day 1 Broome. Upon arrival you will be met at the airport and transferred to your resort-style hotel. Two Nights, Oaks Broome.
Day 2 Broome. Today is yours to spend at leisure. You may choose to relax by the pool or perhaps visit iconic Cable Beach, or head into town where you will discover Broome's rich and colourful history.
Day 3 Broome to Fitzroy Crossing. Travel to Fitzroy Crossing today. Fitzroy Crossing, Fitzroy River Lodge.
Day 4 Geikie Gorge to Halls Creek. After breakfast, cruise the stunning Geikie Gorge and admire its multi-coloured limestone walls. Then, journey to Halls Creek. Halls Creek, Kimberley Hotel.
Day 5 Halls Creek to El Questro Wilderness Park. Travel to El Questro Wilderness Park, through spectacular scenery, passing picturesque gorges, waterfalls and rivers. Arrive at Emma Gorge Resort. Two Nights, El Questro, Emma Gorge Resort, tented cabins with en suites. Insider Experience: Stay at Emma Gorge Resort in El Questro Wilderness Park.
Day 6 El Questro Wilderness Park. Visit the tranquil Zebedee Springs, a stunning oasis in the middle of the wilderness park. After, enjoy a scenic cruise along Chamberlain Gorge, where the river carves a path through the sheer rock-face which is surrounded by a diverse range of native flora and fauna. Insider Experience: Indulge in a delicious open-air gourmet dinner at El Questro Wilderness Park.
Day 7 El Questro Wilderness Park to Lake Argyle to Ord River to Kununurra. Travel along the Gibb River Road to Lake Argyle before joining a wildlife cruise on the Ord River. Keep an eye out for crocodiles and over 270 species of birds. Kununurra Country Club.
Day 8 Kununurra to Katherine. Pass through Timber Creek and arrive in Katherine. Ibis Styles Katherine.
Day 9 Katherine to Darwin. Today, discover Nitmiluk National Park and enjoy a guided cruise along the majestic Nitmiluk Gorge. Afterwards, journey to Darwin. Darwin, Mantra on the Esplanade.
Day 10 Darwin. Today, board your ship. Cross Joseph Bonaparte Gulf before journeying into West Australian waters. Later, meet your crew at the Captain's Welcome Drinks. 10 Nights, aboard the Coral Adventurer.
Day 11 King George River to Tranquil Bay. Jump aboard an Xplorer and discover rugged gorges carved by the force of the mighty King George River. Towering 80 metres above the water and reminiscent of an outdoor cathedral, King George Falls is one of the Kimberley's most spectacular attractions. Later, explore the pristine beach and luscious green landscape at Tranquil Bay. Insider Experience: Board a Zodiac and cruise to the base of magnificent King George Falls.
Day 12 Vansittart Bay to Jar Island. View the wreckage of the US Air Force DC3 plane that crashed at Vansittart Bay during World War II in 1942. Later, you'll see Jar Island and its abundance of high-quality and ancient Bradshaw (Gwion Gwion) paintings etched into the alcoves and cave walls. Many of these images show figures with elegant clothing or ornaments.
Day 13 Winyalken Bay. After anchoring in Winyalken Bay, travel ashore and explore the maze of natural sandstone caves of Hathaway's Hideaway. Insider Experience: Pull up a chair and watch as the sun sets over the Indian Ocean, all the while savouring delicious canapes and drinks.
Day 14 Prince Frederick Harbour. Visit Prince Frederick Harbour, located at the southern end of York Sound. Composed of ancient mangroves and monsoon rainforests, this region is a wonderland of wetland delights. And because of its isolated environment, you'll hopefully come across a rare creature or two basking on the sunny banks. Other wildlife such as white-bellied sea eagles and birds of prey are often seen here among the predators. Head back to your ship in the afternoon.
Day 15 Prince Regent River to King Cascades to Careening Bay. Cruise the Prince Regent River, named by the crew of the survey vessel, the HMC Mermaid, who were the first Europeans to discover it in 1820. Afterwards, spend time at leisure wandering Careening Bay. Then, with a knowledgeable guide, you'll journey to the site of the iconic boab tree engraved with 'HMC Mermaid 1820', miraculously visible after 200 years. Learn about the ship and crew who left their mark in the tree before heading back to your ship. Insider Experience: Admire the King Cascades, a spectacular waterfall that falls in torrents over terraced rock formations. Look out for saltwater crocodiles gliding through the opaque water.
Day 16 Montgomery Reef. Experience a truly spectacular moment when Montgomery Reef rises out of the ocean as the tide falls. It stretches over 300 square kilometres across the Indian Ocean and you'll witness the miniature waterfalls cascade down the exposed reef walls in all directions, creating an awe-inspiring effect. Discover the reef's diverse marine life including turtles, sea snakes and reef sharks.
Day 17 Doubtful Bay to Kuri Bay to Raft Point to Ruby Falls. Make sure to have your camera at the ready as you cruise through the dramatic and rugged sea cliffs at Doubtful Bay. After, cruise Kuri Bay, home of the south sea pearl industry. Board an Xplorer and travel to striking Raft Point, where you will have the opportunity to see ancient Wandjina rock art alongside some of the Kimberley's most well-preserved Bradshaw (Gwion Gwion) paintings. Later, explore Red Cone Creek and visit the serene Ruby Falls.
Day 18 Buccaneer Archipelago to Talbot Bay to Horizontal Falls. Travel through the Buccaneer Archipelago, a group of over 800 islands strewn across the azure waters of the Timor Sea. Your skilled captain navigates smoothly through the hidden whirlpools, unmarked rocks and reefs caused by the largest tides in the Southern Hemisphere. The islands' rocks are over two billion years old, still in pristine condition due to the isolation and minimal tourism of the area. We head towards Talbot Bay and see the majestic Horizontal Falls. When the 12-metre tide turns, strong currents rush through the two narrow coastal gorges, creating a cascading effect. Later, enjoy sunset drinks overlooking the otherworldly rock formations at Nares Point. Insider Experience: Board a Zodiac for a ride through Horizontal Falls.
Day 19 Lacepede Islands. Cruise to the Lacepede Islands (subject to conditions), a group of four islands home to an abundance of marine birds. The islands support over one percent of the world population of Lesser Frigatebirds and Roseate Terns. Because of this the islands are considered an Important Bird Area by Birdlife International. Tonight, say goodbye to your fellow travellers and friendly crew while you enjoy Captain's Farewell Drinks.
Day 20 Broome. After breakfast, disembark your ship and transfer to the airport for your onward journey.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Price is inclusive of the stated monetary savings amount of $800 pp. Price is also inclusive of Early Payment Discount of $300 pp. ALL OFFERS: Limited cabins on set departures are available and are subject to availability. EARLY PAYMENT DISCOUNT: Tours must be paid in full 10 months prior to travel. DEPOSITS: A non-refundable deposit of 20% pp is due within seven days of booking.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.