From 01/11/2020 to 08/11/2020
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 3.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND. Welcome to Amsterdam! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Day 2 - AMSTERDAM Meet your Local Guide and hear about the fascinating history of the 700-year-old capital during a leisurely CANAL CRUISE. Admire the patrician mansions and the gabled facades, and the "Golden Bend," the most prestigious part of the Herengracht. Also visit the RIJKSMUSEUM with Rembrandt's "Night Watch." Later, an optional excursion is available to make the most of your stay. (B)
Day 3 - AMSTERDAM-ARNHEM AREA. A comfortable drive takes you north and across the 19-mile-long ENCLOSING DIKE, separating the salty North Sea from the freshwater IJsselmeer the former Zuiderzee. A monumental work designed by Cornelis Lely and constructed in the 1920's. Via the provinces of Friesland and the Noordoostpolder, arrive in Arnhem, setting of the movie "A Bridge too Far." Hear how the British forces defended the bridge during the Battle of Arnhem during a visit of the AIRBORNE MUSEUM and see the world-famous John Frost Bridge. (B) Today's Distance: 68 mi / 110 km
Day 4 - ARNHEM AREA-ANTWERP, BELGIUM. Cross the border into the Flemish-speaking part of Belgium, formerly part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands until 1830, and arrive in Antwerp. Enjoy guided sightseeing of this important harbour city on the River Scheldt, and visit the GROTE MARKT in the Old Town. This evening, dinner awaits at one of Antwerp's lively local restaurants. (B,D) Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km
Day 5 - ANTWERP. EXCURSION TO BRUGES. Take an excursion to Bruges, one of Western Europe's most perfectly preserved medieval towns. Follow your Local Guide on a walking tour and visit the CHURCH OF OUR LADY with Michelangelo's Madonna of Bruges, featured in the movie The Monuments Men. See famous MARKET SQUARE, and enjoy a traditional LACE DEMONSTRATION, a reminder of Bruges' history of cloth-making. Return to Antwerp. (B) Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km
Day 6 - ANTWERP-KINDERDIJK, HOLLAND-ROTTERDAM. Back in Holland, stop at the "Kinderdijk," a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and take pictures of the 19 windmills which were built in the 18th century to drain the polders. Continue to Rotterdam, heavily bombed during World War II, resulting in a city with a totally modern centre and the largest harbour in Europe. Sightseeing with your Local Guide features the impressive MARKTHAL, opened in 2014 as a residential and office building with a market hall. This evening, an optional dinner outing is available. (B) Today's Distance: 99 mi / 160 km
Day 7 - ROTTERDAM-DELFT-THE HAGUE-AMSTERDAM. This morning, visit the ROYAL DELFT POTTERY FACTORY with the magnificent collection of hand-painted earthenware pieces, and see skilled craftsmen at work. Next is The Hague, residence of the king, the parliament, and the International Court of Justice. Walk through the INNER COURT of the parliament, a former hunting castle, and enjoy free time with a chance to visit the Mauritshuis Museum, home to the painter Vermeer's Girl with the Pearl Earring. Return to Amsterdam, for a farewell dinner prepared at the hotel to celebrate your Dutch Escape. (B,D) Today's Distance: 72 mi / 120 km
Day 8 - AMSTERDAM Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.