South Australia's Epicurean Way, 5 Days
If you travel for your taste buds, this culinary adventure, through South Australia's premier food & wine regions, is for you. With a plethora of influences, ranging from German to French, this region has a food and wine culture which dates back generations.
Day 1 Adelaide Hills
Just a short drive from Adelaide, is the charming neighbourhood of Adelaide Hills, offering over 60 award-winning cellar doors for you to explore and discover. Sample some of Australia's best cool-climate wines, food and produce as you explore this beautiful part of the world. Explore the town of Hahndorf, Australia's oldest surviving German settlement, to discover heritage German buildings, pubs and cafes lining the streets of the village. Stop into the Hahndorf Inn for a traditional German feast, or Ambleside Distillers and taste their handcrafted signature gins, overlooking the picturesque botanical gardens.
Overnight in Adelaide HillsDay 2 -3 Adelaide Hills to Barossa Valley (39km)
Spend the next two nights in one of the world's best wine regions, the Barossa Valley, with over 80 cellar doors, home to some of the most awarded wines in the world, including the most iconic winery Seppeltsfield. There are many fine wineries to choose from, so plan ahead to select the wineries you want to visit, or leave the car at your hotel, and join a tour that will take you to some of the best wineries around.
Visit the Barossa Farmers Markets, held weekly on a Saturday, to sample fresh local produce, award-winning cheese or a variety of delicious wines. Be sure to stop into Maggie Beer Farm Eatery for a tasty quintessential South Australian treat, or Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre, where you can make your own blend, or join a gourmet cooking and wine masterclass.
Overnight in Barossa Valley (2 nights)Day 4 Barossa Valley to Clare Valley (108km)
Take a slight detour to visit Lake Bumbunga to see the lake change colours from pink, to white, to blue, depending on the salinity of the water throughout the year. As you reach Clare Valley, discover over 40 wineries and vineyards scattered throughout the region, with it's signature Riesling, being among the best in the world. Passing the charming town of Watervale, stop a little further for lunch at Skillogalee, an historic settler's cottage, surrounded by beautiful gardens, or the rustic and delightful Terroir Auburn with its Parisian feel, built circa in the 1860s.
Overnight in Clare ValleyDay 5 Clare Valley to Adelaide (143km)
Before heading home, take a slight detour to the heritage town of Burra and Mintaro, each boasting its own unique characteristic charm. Stop at Burra Fresh for breakfast as they are known for their great coffee and use of local farm-fresh produce. Approximately 5 minutes from Mintaro, step back in time and explore Martindale Hall, a living museum and one of Australia's prettiest country mansions.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.