Pioneer Adventures of the Old West
From 26/09/2021 to 03/10/2021
SCENIC DRIVE through Oak Creek Canyon, Desert View Drive in Arizona, Mount Carmel HighwayICONIC TRAIN journey aboard the historic Grand Canyon RailwayVISIT Sedona, Grand Canyon National Park, Historic Cameron Trading Post, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National ParkCONNECT WITH LOCALS Enjoy Arizona hospitality at a western themed dinner with the local owners Judy and Dan.
(Day 2)FAMILY FUN Board an Old West train ride to the Grand Canyon.
(Day 3)LOCAL SPECIALIST For sightseeing at the Grand Canyon where you learn about the layers that form the massive canyon.
7 breakfasts4 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Howdy folks! Saddle up for a ride from Phoenix to Scottsdale, spending the afternoon at leisure before your journey kicks off with an evening shindig to meet your new travel partners.
Day 2 - Your trek through America's frontier history begins in the Sonoran Desert. Stampede through the luminous orange and red landscapes of Sedona for your choice sightseeing, traversing Red Rock Country by jeep or Red Rock Magic Trolley. Then, it's on through Oak Creek Canyon to the historic railroad town of Williams, where we'll 'Connect with Locals' and enjoy a 'Be My Guest' dinner hosted by locals Judy and Dan.
Day 3 - Cut dirt and board your train to the Grand Canyon for some 'Family Fun', passing the vanilla-scented Ponderosa Pines and through the Kaibab National Forest. Tales of Old West legends are brought back to life as they travel with you along the rugged landscapes. We arrive at the UNESCO-listed Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Walk the rim and learn from a Local Specialist how this extraordinary feat of nature developed over the past 40 million years.
Day 4 - Start your historic passage to Navajo country with a mesmerising sunrise over the Grand Canyon. Trace the Desert View Drive route toward Cameron Trading Post in search of traditional Native American crafts and the taste of traditional fry bread. We board our open-air vehicle, bouncing past the imposing mesas and buttes rising up from Monument Valley's red valley floor toward a lakeside resort tucked into the red rock at the scenic family holiday hotspot of Lake Powell.
Day 5 - Even cowboys need a day off now and then, but if you're at a loose end, choose to take an optional float down the Colorado River, cruise on Lake Power to Antelope Canyon, or spend the day learning how to wakeboard, kayak or zip around Lake Powell on a ski tube.
Day 6 - Polish those chaps for a ride toward Zion Canyon, tracing yet another great natural triumph by park shuttle or on foot. Bundle up your brood for a quick hike to the Emerald Pools - the lush landscape a veritable oasis for pioneers traversing the desert just days before. Drive the scenic Mount Carmel Highway admiring the sweeping views of waterfalls and slick rocks, watching out for more spectacular formations like the Great Arch of Zion and the distinctive Checkerboard Mesa. The red-orange-pink hued hoodoos of Bryce Canyon are your final stop for today.
Day 7 - Take your seat in an amphitheatre of tall sandstone spires-the same vantage point Paiute Indians used to admire the colourful carvings of Mother Nature by day, by night, winter and summer centuries ago. Explore the rim of Bryce Canyon, before spending the afternoon at leisure to blaze your own trail. Our adventure through the Old West almost at its end, we get gussied up for a Western Farewell hoedown filled with good food and fun.
Day 8 - Hoodoos to our back and high-living ahead, we depart on the last leg of our journey to Las Vegas, through the scenic Virgin River Gorge. A transfer will take you to Las Vegas International Airport, or if you're extending you stay, to the Tropicana Las Vegas. Y'all come back now, y'hear?
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 18 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans