Wild West Cowboys and Buffalos End Denver
From 20/09/2021 to 28/09/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Salt Lake City Saddle up for a Wild West family adventure starting with a relaxing afternoon together in small-town Salt Lake City before meeting your travel buckeroos for a rootin' tootin' evening Kick-off Party with your Travel Director.
Day 2 - Salt Lake City - Montpelier - Jackson Put on your cowboy hats, pull up your boots and get ready to make memories that will last a lifetime. Follow trails blazed by rugged mountain men centuries ago, stopping at the Oregon Trail Center in Montpelier to get a glimpse into the thrills and challenges of the Old Trail. Enjoy lunch in a covered wagon before travelling to the Old West town of Jackson. Walk through the town's famous landmark arch of tangled elk antlers and step back in time as you explore the Town Square with its Western boardwalks, craft boutiques and ice cream shops-all surrounded by the majestic Rockies. This evening, take a wagon ride out to the river for a rib-stickin' Chuckwagon Regional Dinner.
Day 3 - Jackson - Grand Teton National Park - Togwotee Mountain Lodge Rise early if you'd like to rollick down the Snake River on a scenic optional wilderness float trip (seasonal). Later, discover dramatic Grand Teton National Park. Travel onward to Montana's Big Sky Country and settle in for big 'Family Fun' fun at your 'Stay with a Story', an 1898 homestead, where you'll feast on a classic Western dinner.
Day 4 -
320 - Guest Ranch - Yellowstone National Park Giddy up cowboys and cowgirls. There are many fun choices on the ranch this morning. Join a whitewater rafting trip down the Gallatin River or saddle up and ride with a real-life horse wrangler in the Montana wilderness. After lunch at the ranch, visit The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone where you'll 'Make a Difference' by contributing to its conservation programmes. Tonight, we stay inside the UNESCO-listed Yellowstone National Park, where each lodge has its own unique setting and atmosphere.
Day 5 - Yellowstone National Park Sightseeing Discover Yellowstone's astounding wonders-the thundering Yellowstone Falls, brilliantly coloured hot springs, bubbling mud pools and hissing steam vents. The highlight is a visit to Old Faithful, which has been spouting steam water regularly for thousands of years. Do you know how to locate a bear or tell what it's been eating? Enjoy a stroll around the boardwalks of Yellowstone and learn the answer, plus even more cool facts about the park's abundance of wildlife.
Day 6 - Yellowstone National Park - Cody - Sheridan Tip your Stetson to "Buffalo Bill" in his hometown of Cody and get a glimpse into the Spirit of the American West at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. Delve into culture of the cowboy, the role of the firearm in the early days and the culture and art of the Plains Indians.
Day 7 - Sheridan - Keystone - Rapid City (2 Nights) After a hearty breakfast, your journey continues on to South Dakota and the Crazy Horse Memorial. Gaze at the towering tribute to legendary Lakota leader Crazy Horse being carved into the mountain and learn how your visit 'Makes a Difference' by preserving the culture of his people. The evening is yours to explore in Rapid City. Or consider an optional trip to the Mount Rushmore Lighting Ceremony, a chance to see one of America's most famous landmarks from a different perspective.
Day 8 - Black Hills Excursion Today, head for the famous Black Hills of South Dakota to view the giant faces of former American presidents etched in the stone cliffs of Mount Rushmore. This evening, we 'Dive into Culture' joining your fellow adventurers at a Farewell Dinner featuring a local Native American dancer.
Day 9 - Depart Denver Transfer to Denver, where you can extend your stay or transfer to Denver International Airport for your flight home. Sightseeing Highlights VISIT the Oregon Trail Center in Montpelier, Jackson, Grand Teton National Park, 320 Guest Ranch, Yellowstone National Park, Cody, the Black Hills, Crazy Horse Memorial, Mount Rushmore DIVE INTO CULTURE A son of the Lakota and Iroquois Nations, meet Stephen Yellowhawk who is helping to keep the important traditions and history of his tribe alive through song and dance. (Day 8) FAMILY FUN Explore old style Montana ranch life with a real-life horse wrangler or down the wild waters of the Gallatin River. (Day 3) MAKE A DIFFERENCE Learn how your visit to The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center contributes to the conservation projects of Yellowstone National Park as well as your visit to Crazy Horse Memorial in the Black Hills. (Days 4, 7) STAYS WITH STORIES Spend the night at an authentic 1800s Montana homestead to relive the early Western atmosphere. (Day 3)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.