Polar Bears in Manitoba
From 14/10/2021 to 23/10/2021
DIVE INTO CULTURE Visit the Itsanitaq Museum to learn about the indigenous Inuit people and embark on a dog-sledding adventure (Day 2 & 3)LOCAL SPECIALIST Parks Canada Visitor Center, boreal forest dog-sledding expert, Hudson Bay naturalist.
5 Breafast4 Lunches5 DinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Wildlife wonders await on this journey to the World's Polar Bear Capital in Canada's icy north. Topping your list of must-sees on this epic voyage are the majestic snow-white bears which skirt the edge of Hudson Bay as the weather turns icy and the frozen waters pave their way to their Arctic hunting grounds. The gateway to the north is none other than vibrant Winnipeg, a cultural, artistic, entertainment and culinary capital whose locals have a gift for enjoying the finer things in life. You'll have an evening to follow their lead, but first join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and trip overview at a local restaurant.
Day 2 - No doubt you'll be brimming with excitement as you board your early morning flight to Churchill, on the western shores of Hudson Bay. There's no time to waste as you see many of the area's local and historical highlights, such as Manitoba Conservation's Polar Bear Holding Facility, the 'Miss Piggy' plane wreck and the Inukshuk at Town Beach, symbolising hope and friendship beyond borders. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before visiting the Itsanitaq Museum, revealing the harsh way of life of the indigenous Inuit people. Then head to Parks Canada Visitor Center, located in Churchill's historic train station. Here you'll join a Local Specialist to learn about Churchill's history as a fur trading centre. After a busy day of sightseeing, you'll enjoy dinner with your travel companions at a local restaurant before settling in for the night.
Day 3 - You're in for a special treat today as you come face to face with the dog-sledding traditions of the Great Canadian North. Dive into Culture and join a Local Specialist dog-sledding expert to learn all about the traditional and modern M?tis lifestyle. You'll hear about Canada's history of dog sledding before experiencing it first hand on an exhilarating ride through the boreal forest on a custom-built cart. Take some time to warm up during lunch at a local restaurant before exploring the town on your terms. Later this afternoon, you'll board a Tundra Buggy and race through the icy wilderness to your accommodation for two nights and one of Trafalgar's Stays with Stories, the Tundra Buggy Lodge. Beyond the bright lights of Churchill in this remote wilderness setting, you'll have the perfect base from which to view and photograph polar bears by day and the Northern Lights at night. Venture outside on the outdoor viewing platforms to snap the perfect shot or relax in the toasty lounge with a book and coffee. Enjoy a delicious meal featuring regional cuisine in its rustic dining hall before turning your eyes skywards to see if Mother Nature has decided to put on a show this evening. Tonight, you'll overnight in comfortable upper or lower sleeping berths, each with its own window and shared bathroom facilities.
Day 4 - Embark on a full-day safari through the icy landscapes of Churchill Wildlife Management Area. Keep your eyes peeled for polar bears, arctic fox, ptarmigan and other sub-arctic wildlife as you wind your way through the tundra and consider what life must be like in this inhospitable environment. Return to the Tundra Buggy Lodge later this evening just in time for dinner. After another round of regional delicacies deliciously served up by the lodge chef, you'll have an opportunity to relax in the Thanadelthur Lounge. You could choose instead to head up to the deck to see if the Northern Lights have made an appearance or there are any lurking polar bear visitors in your midst. For greater insights into these magnificent creatures, join a Local Specialist polar bear species expert from Polar Bears International this evening for an exclusive presentation on all things polar bear.
Day 5 - Leaving Tundra Buggy Lodge behind this morning, you'll embark on yet another day of safari Manitoba-style. Keep your cameras at the ready to capture the resident wildlife in their natural environment or simply sit back and watch the tundra landscapes unfold as you return to Churchill. After a day of exhilarating exploration, you'll board your return evening flight to Winnipeg with dinner on board and check-in to your hotel for your final evening in Winnipeg.
Day 6 - Your encounter with Canada's polar bears at its end, all that's left is to say a fond farewell to your fellow adventurers and board your return flight home. You could choose to extend your stay and explore Winnipeg's vibrant multi-cultural experiences. Delve into its work-hard, play-hard mindset and discover why, even in winter, Winnipeg has a warm heart.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans