From 28/05/2021 to 19/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Fri 28 2021 to Jun Sun 06 2021Sold OutFrom$5,495*
Jun Fri 11 2021 to Jun Sun 20 2021Sold OutFrom$6,298*
Jun Fri 25 2021 to Jul Sun 04 2021On RequestFrom$6,412*
Jul Fri 09 2021 to Jul Sun 18 2021On RequestFrom$6,412*
Jul Fri 16 2021 to Jul Sun 25 2021On RequestFrom$6,412*
Jul Fri 23 2021 to Aug Sun 01 2021On RequestFrom$6,412*
Jul Fri 30 2021 to Aug Sun 08 2021On RequestFrom$6,412*
Aug Fri 06 2021 to Aug Sun 15 2021Sold OutFrom$6,412*
Aug Fri 13 2021 to Aug Sun 22 2021On RequestFrom$6,412*
Aug Fri 20 2021 to Aug Sun 29 2021Sold OutFrom$6,412*
Aug Sun 22 2021 to Aug Tue 31 2021AvailableFrom$6,412*
Aug Fri 27 2021 to Sep Sun 05 2021AvailableFrom$6,412*
Aug Sun 29 2021 to Sep Tue 07 2021AvailableFrom$6,412*
Sep Fri 03 2021 to Sep Sun 12 2021AvailableFrom$6,412*
Sep Fri 10 2021 to Sep Sun 19 2021On RequestFrom$5,594*
9 full breakfasts.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Anchorage Welcome to the edge of the wilderness - to a city surrounded by uninhabited landscapes and the perfect springboard to an epic adventure through Alaska. Spend the day recovering from your journey before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Anchorage - Valdez (2 Nights) We start your morning with a 'Make A Difference' experience during your afternoon stop at the Musk Ox Farm. Here you'll join a Local Specialist for a guided tour to view the Arctic Musk Oxen and learn how this non-profit organization promotes sustainable agriculture practice. Continue your journey crossing Thompson Pass, one of the snowiest places in Alaska.
Day 3 - Valdez Delve into the heritage and culture of Valdez, the Copper River Basin and Prince William Sound during this morning's visit to the Valdez Museum. Later, keep a keen eye out for seals, otters, sea lions and porpoises as you cruise around Prince William Sound, admiring the plunging ice cliffs of Columbia Glacier which have calved giant icebergs into the bay. Enjoy lunch against the backdrop of your wild surrounds before returning to Valdez, your home for a second night.
Day 4 - Valdez- Fairbanks (2 Nights) Today we journey North as you carve your way through this rugged state along the Richardson Highway, the first major road built in Alaska, you'll encounter the snow-capped summits of the Alaska Range, expansive glaciers and the Trans Alaska Pipeline which runs parallel to the highway. Stretch your legs during a brief stop at the Historic Rika Roadhouse, an important crossroads for travellers, and the Wrangell St. Elias Visitors Center, before arriving in Fairbanks, alaska's Northern Lights capital.
Day 5 - Fairbanks Sightseeing After breakfast, you will enjoy a city tour of Fairbanks, Alaska's "Golden Heart" city. Then you'll be digging into insights of Alaska's Gold Rush.'Dive into Culture' with Fairbanks' own Gold Daughters who will guide you through the process of panning for gold in real Alaskan paydirt. Then, you are boarding the Riverboat Discovery to visit a recreated Athabascan Indian Village. To conclude your day, enjoy a special visit to the home of Dave Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity to learn about the sport of Dog Mushing in Alaska. Join him and his dogs for a 'Be My Guest' dinner experience.
Day 6 - Fairbanks - Denali (2 Nights) This morning we'll board a deluxe dome railcar on the Alaska Railroad, and make our way to the majesty of Denali National Park. A delicious breakfast is served aboard the train whilst the beautiful Alaska scenery passes by. On arrival in Denali National a Local Specialist will reveal insights into the rare subarctic flora and fauna of the park. This evening enjoy dinner with your fellow travelers at a local restaurant.
Day 7 - Denali National Park and Free Time Embark on an extensive Denali Natural History Tour during which you'll learn about the Alaskan natives who once lived in the park and the first ascent of Denali, North America's highest peak. You'll have the whole afternoon free to participate in an array of optional activities. Optional Experience: See Denali's incredible landscapes on a helicopter flight, battle the wild waters of the Nenana. River or join one of the free Denali National Park Service Programs.
Day 8 - Denali - Anchorage (2 Nights) We begin our return journey to Anchorage this morning en route we visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center where you'll gain a deeper understanding of Alaska's 11 major cultural groups through storytelling and authentic demonstrations. Continue your journey, arriving in Anchorage later today where you will enjoy a memorable dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 9 - Anchorage - Seward - Kenai Fjords Cruise - Anchorage We journey along the Scenic Seward Byway this morning to the port community of Seward. Our first stop is a 'Make a Difference' the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, where a Local Specialist will reveal the role of this wildlife rehabilitation centre. Next up is a sightseeing cruise, including lunch, into the icy heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Share the waters with Humpback whales and glacial icebergs as you enjoy a lunch onboard.
Day 10 - Depart Anchorage Our adventure through the rugged Alaskan wilderness has ended. Take an airport transfer or connect with a southbound Alaska cruise. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR Anchorage, Fairbanks CRUISE Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords National Park and aboard a riverboat in Fairbanks. ORIENTATION Valdez, Seward, Denali SCENIC DRIVE along the Scenic Seward Byway ICONIC TRAIN journey through Alaska's wilderness aboard the Alaska Railroad VIEW Historic Rika Roadhouse State Park, Alaska Range, Wrangell St. Elias National Park, Mt Denali VISIT Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali National Park, Valdez, Seward, Alaska Native Heritage Center, the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, Riverboat Discovery, Wrangell St Elias Visitor Centre, Valdez Museum, Musk Ox Farm, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center CONNECT WITH LOCALS Be My Guest in Fairbanks at home of Dave Monson, a local Dog Mushing celebrity (Day 5) DIVE INTO CULTURE Board the Riverboat Discovery to hear tales of the Gold Rush boom and visit a recreated Athabascan village. (Day 5) LOCAL SPECIALIST A guide in Denali National Park reveals insights into the Subarctic flora and fauna of the park, experience the Denali Natural History Tour, and Fairbanks' own Gold Daughters will guide you through the process of panning for gold. (Day 9,3,5) MAKE A DIFFERENCE at the Musk Ox Development Corporation where you'll learn how the promotion of qiviut production is a sustainable agricultural practice and at the Alaska Wildlife Centre. (Day 8)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans