From 10/04/2021 to 30/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Sat 10 2021 to Apr Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$3,250*
May Sat 01 2021 to May Sat 08 2021AvailableFrom$3,558*
May Sat 29 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021Sold OutFrom$3,558*
Jun Sat 12 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021AvailableFrom$3,585*
Jun Sat 19 2021 to Jun Sat 26 2021AvailableFrom$3,585*
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Sat 18 2021AvailableFrom$3,585*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$3,585*
Sep Sat 25 2021 to Oct Sat 02 2021AvailableFrom$3,585*
Oct Sat 09 2021 to Oct Sat 16 2021AvailableFrom$3,526*
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Washington, D.C. (2 Nights) The political heart of America is your gateway to a memorable encounter with the Land of the Free and how it came to be so. After checking in to your hotel, enjoy an afternoon at leisure to explore the museums, memorials and monuments of Washington, D.C. This evening, you'll join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your journey.
Day 2 - Washington, D.C. Monuments and Memorials Roam the corridors of power, oak-lined avenues and noble tributes to America's famous sons and daughters, as you explore the nation's proud heritage today. View the White House, striking Washington Monument and National Mall, stretching from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol building. Reflect on the country's darkest days at the Lincoln Memorial and somber memorials to World War II and the Vietnam War. The rest of the day is free to chart your own course through America's capital city.
Day 3 - Washington, D.C. - Mount Vernon - Yorktown - Williamsburg (2 Nights) Tread in the footsteps of America's first president, visiting Mount Vernon, the former home of George Washington. Delve into the history of the American Revolution at the Yorktown Victory Center, experiencing first-hand the dramatic "Siege of Yorktown". We'll continue to Williamsburg, founded in 1638 as Middle Plantation, and the former capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia. This evening, we'll enjoy a Regional Dinner.
Day 4 - Jamestown - Colonial Williamsburg Pay tribute to the brave men and women who gave up their homeland to establish a New World. This morning, we venture to Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in America, where we'll gain insights into the trials that marked the lives of early 17th century colonists. Walk through the life-sized re-creations of the colonists' crude fort, explore the mock-up of the Native American Powhatan village and climb aboard a replica of one of the three ships that sailed from England to Virginia. We fast forward a few centuries and spend the rest of the day in Colonial Williamsburg, once Britain's largest colony in the New World. Chat with blacksmiths, admire a fife and drum parade, and perhaps even engage in some politicking with a costumed Federalist in the town square. This afternoon, we 'Dive into Culture' and meet Sylvia Tabb-Lee who will bring America's slavery history to life.
Day 5 - Williamsburg - Richmond - Monticello - Charlottesville Visit St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia-the very spot where George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were inspired by Patrick Henry's fiery "Give me liberty or give me death" speech. Continue to Charlottesville, where you'll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Then, visit Monticello, the neoclassical Italian estate where Jefferson once sought a quieter existence. The rest of your day is free.
Day 6 - Charlottesville - Shenandoah National Park - Gettysburg Journey through the rolling hills of the Shenandoah National Park en route to Gettysburg where we'll delve into the devastation of a four-year civil war pitting North against South. We explore the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center, where our visit 'Makes a Difference' by contributing to their efforts to preserve the battlefield. This evening, indulge in a festive Regional Dinner at the "most haunted" 19th century Dobbin House, keeping an eye out for Uncle Abe who may grace the group with his presence.
Day 7 - Gettysburg - Philadelphia Cast your mind back to the pivotal, yet tragic day on which Pickett led his charge on Gettysburg. Join a Local Specialist who will bring to life the events at Gettysburg which turned the tide in the Civil War. Just four months later, the battlefield served as the backdrop for Abraham Lincoln's call for "a new birth of freedom" in his famed Gettysburg Address. We'll journey to the City of Brotherly Love and site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence next. Stay in the heart of Philadelphia's historic district, within walking distance of dozens of landmark buildings. This evening, we'll join our Travel Director and fellow American history enthusiasts for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 8 - Philadelphia - Depart Washington, D.C. Gain insights into the history of the U.S. Constitution and the effect it has had around the world during this morning's tour through Philadelphia. We'll explore the UNESCO-listed Independence National Historic Park and see its famous cracked bell whose inscription has inspired so many to "proclaim liberty". The final stop on our journey is Washington, D.C., where we'll transfer to either Dulles International Airport, Ronald Reagan National Airport or to the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown for guests extending their stay. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Washington, D.C. VIEW the Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol Building, the White House, Liberty Bell VISIT Mount Vernon, Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, Gettysburg National Military Park, the National Mall, St John's Church, Independence National Historic Park
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.