Spectacular Canadian Rockies with Alaska Cruise Signature Suite
From 01/09/2021 to 16/09/2021
CITY TOUR of Vancouver, Victoria, BanffSCENIC DRIVE along the Icefields Parkway and continue along Scenic Maligne Lake Drive, past disappearing Medicine Lake.
VIEW Lake Louise, Stanley Park, Athabasca Glacier, Mount Robson, Jasper National Park, Banff National ParkVISIT Butchart GardensVISIT Maligne Canyon during a guided walk & enjoy a Maligne Lake cruise to Spirit Island.
CONNECT WITH LOCALS Enjoy a delicious lunch at a family-owned farm on Vancouver Island.
(Day 2)LOCAL SPECIALIST Meet a First Nations member in Kamloops and a retired Mountie in Banff.
(Days 4, 8).
15 breakfasts7 lunches10 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Transfer to Canada Place to board Holland America Line's MS Zuiderdam
Day 2 - With most of Southeast Alaska accessible only by boat or plane, cruise the Inside Passage for a unique view.
Day 3 - The dramatic Sawyer Glaciers at the end of Tracy Arm are framed by mountains and bathed in the blue hue of the ice. Arrive in Juneau, where you can shop downtown, kayak, dogsled, raft or flightsee.
Day 4 - Step into the town's colourful past at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park.
Day 5 - From the comfort of your ship, enjoy pristine wilderness of Glacier Bay National Park.
Day 6 - Go ashore in Ketchikan for an optional guided tour through town or a harbour cruise.
Day 7 - Today is a day of relaxation as you cruise back to Vancouver.
Day 8 - Disembark in Vancouver Harbour, transfer to the hotel and join your Spectacular Canadian Rockies trip on Day 1 for a Welcome Reception at 6 p.m.
Day 9 - Embark on a morning sightseeing tour of Vancouver's historic neighbourhoods. Savour the smells of freshly steamed Siopao in Chinatown and admire the Victorian fa?ades of Gastown as you make your way to the leafy sanctuary of Stanley Park to view First Nations totem poles. We continue by ferry to Vancouver island and Connect with Locals during a Be My Guest lunch visit to a family-owned working farm, where we'll enjoy fresh farm-to-table flavours. Later, we enjoy some sightseeing in Victoria.
Day 10 - Embrace the Garden City status of Victoria as you greet the day with breakfast at Butchart Gardens, a 55-acre showcase of gorgeous floral gardens that have colourfully transformed a once unused quarry. Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the walkable capital of British Columbia.
Day 11 - In Kamloops, the soul-stirring sounds of the Shuswap melodies welcome us, as we gain insights into First Nations' traditions and culture. Be entertained by a storytelling member of the First Nations followed by a delicious dinner.
Day 12 - This afternoon you'll stop at the Mount Robson Visitor Center where you can admire UNESCO-listed Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies in all its 12,972 feet (3,954 meters) of glory. Continue to the raw wilderness of Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where we'll spend the next two nights.
Day 13 - Join an interpretive walk at Maligne Canyon this morning. Later, take to the aqua waters and cruise Maligne Lake to Spirit Island (seasonal), admiring views of its three glaciers and Spirit Island. After the cruise enjoy a delicious lunch with wine at the lakeside Maligne Lake Chalet.
Day 14 - The icy fingers of the Columbia Icefield beckon as we journey along the Icefields Parkway to Athabasca Glacier. Cross its icy terrain on board a specially designed Ice Explorer and Continue on to Lake Louise, where there is time to soak in the majestic beauty of the lake and its turquoise, glacier-fed waters, fringed by high peaks, deep green forests and overlooked by Victoria Glacier. Continue on to the township of Banff, in the heart of UNESCO-listed Banff National Park. Settle in for an evening at leisure.
Day 15 - Join a Local Specialist and learn about his experiences as a retired Mountie and the history of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Spend the afternoon exploring the rugged beauty of Banff, from its postcard viewpoint of Surprise Corner to Bow Falls. The rest of the day is free for you to pursue your own interests. Your Travel Director will be available to help plan the perfect day for you. Tonight, we join our newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner to toast the end of our unforgettable encounter with Canada's Rockies.
Day 16 - Descend from the glorious Canadian Rockies and transfer to Calgary International Airport or to the Westin Calgary if you are extending your stay.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans