Boston, Cape Cod, and Martha's Vineyard with Canadian Maritimes Cruise Vista Stateroom
From 24/09/2021 to 09/10/2021
VISIT Boston, MIT, Plimoth Plantation, Sandwich Museum & Gardens, Provincetown, Martha's Vineyard, NewportCONNECT WITH LOCALS Meet the owners of a local taphouse to learn about the thriving craft beer scene on the Cape and enjoy a private lunch.
(Day 4)DIVE INTO CULTURE Gain insights into 17th century colonial settlement life at Plimoth Plantation.
(Day 8)LOCAL SPECIALIST Including a walk along Boston's Freedom Trail and visits to MIT and the New Bedford Whaling Museum as well as guides on Cape Cod.
(Days 2, 3, 5, 6).
15 breakfasts7 lunches (including Be My Guest)10 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - The Cradle of Liberty is your gateway to an Atlantic adventure filled with quiet harbour towns, lighthouses and windswept coastlines. After check-in, enjoy free time to explore Boston, before joining your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2 - Connect with the living history of Boston this morning, joining a Local Specialist for a leisurely walk along the city's redbrick Freedom Trail. Next, brush shoulders with the intellectuals of MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) touring the prestigious campus with a current student to gain insights into college life.
Day 3 - A scenic ferry ride takes us "on island" to the summer retreat of the rich and famous, Martha's Vineyard. Join your Travel Director for a guided sightseeing tour of the island - its brightly painted cottages, colourful farmers' markets and quiet beaches, then indulge in a Regional Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 4 - The bright blooms of lovely gardens beckon as we stroll through the Heritage Museum & Gardens of Sandwich, Cape Cod's oldest town. Later, 'Connect with Locals', joining the owners of a local taphouse for a private 'Be My Guest' lunch. Savour tasty seafood flavours while you gain a deeper understanding of the thriving craft beer scene on Cape Cod.
Day 5 - Visit the popular fishing port of Provincetown before embarking on a one-hour 4WD tour the sand dunes along the Cape Code National Sea Shore. Your sandy journey will take you past wispy beach grass and dune shacks where famous artists and writers were once inspired to create their art. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Perhaps take an optional whale watching cruise this afternoon or sample the local dishes of clam chowder or Portuguese kale soup for which the Cod area is so renowned.
Day 6 - Get your fill of cranberries as you explore the largest agricultural cooperative of cranberry growers in the world. Visit area cranberry bogs, some dating back to the 1800's. Explore the region's whaling heritage and its connection to the local community next, joining a Local Specialist for an insightful visit to the New Bedford Whaling Museum. Spend the rest of the evening on your own, admiring the city's beautiful colonial-era architecture and sophisticated style.
Day 7 - This morning, you'll enjoy your choice sightseeing with a visit to one of Newport's renowned landmarks-The Vanderbilt's Breakers Mansion, a "summer cottage" called The Elms Mansion or the International Tennis Hall of Fame, which pays tribute to the players and contributors to this sport. This afternoon, perhaps join an optional sail around Newport Harbor. Our journey through the gateway of the New World almost at its end, we join our fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 8 - 'Dive into Culture' and tread in the footsteps of pilgrims and patriots, delving into the living history of Plimoth Plantation where you will gain insights into what life was like in the original 17th-century British settlement of Plymouth Colony. Enjoy an afternoon and evening at leisure.
Day 9 - Board the ship in Boston today to set sail on an unforgettable cruise discovering natural beauty and maritime treasures.
Day 10 - Continuing north, Bar Harbor is the quintessential New England coastal town.
Day 11 - Discover the city's maritime history dominated by the hilltop Citadel, a star-shaped fort completed in the 1850s.
Day 12 - Cruise on past the Highlands of Nova Scotia to the port of Sydney. Lighthouses stand sentinel on cliffside ledges; tiny villages huddle in rocky inlets and lobsters make it from the ocean to your plate in record time.
Day 13 - Call in at Charlottetown, the capital of Canada's Prince Edward Island.
Day 14 - The Gulf of Saint Lawrence fringes the shores of half the provinces of Canada. The Gulf is defined by stunning coast line and beautiful islands, including Prince Edward Island and the Magdalen Islands.
Day 15 - Choose to take the funicular or the "neck-breaking steps" down to the Lower Town where you'll see Notre Dame des Victoires, the Petit Champlain district, the port, and Mus?e de la Civilisation.
Day 16 - Disembark in Montreal. Get transfered to the airport or extend your stay in Montreal.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans