Essence of Eastern Canada End Montreal
From 24/04/2021 to 09/10/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Toronto (2 Nights) Welcome to the world's most multiculturally diverse city, Toronto. Known to locals as the 'Six', Canada's hipster enclave and largest city is all about unique neighbourhoods, fusion food, fascinat-ing museums, vintage shopping and a healthy obsession with all things hockey. At the centre of it all is the city's icon, the CN Tower, its 553 metre spire dominating the landscape. After settling in to your hotel, you can wander around the district's open-air markets which will no doubt get tummies rumbling. For dinner why not head to near-by Kensington Market, arguably the most diverse of all the city's neighbourhoods where the idea of fusion food is taken to all new heights.
Day 2 - Niagara Falls Excursion Pack your sense of adventure this morning as you're off to visit Niagara Falls! The biggest (and loudest) falls in North America, an incredible 750,000 gallons of water thunder into the gorge below every second, creating a natural phenomenon many have dubbed the 8th Wonder of the World. We'll be getting you up close and personal on a cruise to Horseshoe Falls, allowing you to see both the Canadian and American sides. Remember that raincoat? Now's the time to use it. Back in Toronto later, the rest of the day is yours to do as you please. Maybe head to Queen West to explore the neighbourhood's impressive collection of art galleries and design studios, or take advantage of our CN Tower Optional Experience to test your head for heights.
Day 3 - Toronto - Kingston - Ottawa (2 Nights) Leaving Toronto behind this morning, enjoy the gorgeous drive alongside Lake Ontario, one of the five Great Lakes of North America, as you make your way to Kingston. Known as the 'Limestone City' thanks to its grand 19th century buildings built from - you guessed it - limestone. Visit Campbell's Orchard in Prince Edward County today for a farm tour and a cider tasting. This cider is made from a blend of apples picked from the trees of the Campbell's Orchard and produced right on site, fermented using traditional methods. Next, continue to Kingston where you may take an optional 1000 Islands cruise, or enjoy some leisure time in this quaint city. Back on land, finish today north of the Ottawa River in charming Gatineau.
Day 4 - Ottawa Sightseeing and Free Time After an orientation tour of Ottawa, your day is at leisure. Join for an Optional Experience on the grounds of the Museum of History including an authentic Pow-wow dance with music performed by First Nations members. Participate in an interactive beading workshop and learn about the Storyboot Project, a partnership between Manitoba Mukluks and our TreadRight Foundation.
Day 5 - Ottawa - Quebec City (2 Nights) Ready for some romance? We've got good news - timeless, elegant Quebec City is up next. Exuding class, grandeur and a distinctly European feel, Quebec City is almost a country within a country; 95% of the population speak French, and around 75% are native Francophiles. Arriving here, we'll be listening out for the collective sighs of appreciation as you set eyes on the narrow cobblestone streets and pretty parks for the first time. This afternoon, why not continue your Quebec love affair with our Optional Experience that will get you out of town to admire the towering Montmorency Falls. Standing at 83 metres these falls are actually higher than Niagara Falls, forming the mouth of the Montmorency River. Travelling back to Quebec City, you'll then be treated to a 3-course dinner in the historic district of Vieux-Quebec, tucking in to a menu of freshly sourced, organic ingredients.
Day 6 - Quebec City Sightseeing and Free Time After no doubt grabbing a taste of France with a croissant and coffee, you'll be heading out to join a Local Specialist this morning for a tour of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Old Town. Checking out sites including The Citadel, the historically significant Plains of Abraham, and the famous turrets of the Chateau Frontenac, the world's most photographed hotel, prepare to fall even more in love with this city. This afternoon, why not continue your Quebec love affair with our Optional Experience.
Day 7 - Quebec City - Montreal We hope you're hungry this morning as for breakfast you'll be heading to the iconic Erabliere le Chemin du Roy, a traditional Cabane ? Sucre (sugar shack) to learn how maple syrup, one of Canada's most famous exports, is made. You'll then make the short drive to Montreal, Canada's cultural capital where festivals, art, good food and a certain joie de vivre are all part of the daily make up. On arrival you'll meet up with a Local Specialist to learn the in's and out's of the UNESCO designated 'City of Design', admiring how old European style architecture can sit so naturally beside beautiful contemporary masterpieces. This evening and with free time to explore, why not head for dinner at one of the cute terraced restaurants along the river.
Day 8 - Depart Montreal From Montreal to Quebec City, you'll be finishing your trip with happy memories, and a longing to see what the rest of Canada has to offer. Return to Toronto to fly out of Toronto International Airport. Arrival at the airport is approximately at 4:00 p.m., but is dependent on road traffic; please be aware when booking your flights. Sightseeing Highlights Montreal Embark on a tour of the city with a Local Specialist Niagara Falls Witness the majestic American and Canadian sides of the falls aboard a cruise Ottawa Enjoy a sightseeing tour of some of the city's most famous sights Prince Edward County Visit Campbell's Orchard in Prince Edward County for a farm tour and a cider tasting. Quebec City Iconic Breakfast at a traditional Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack) where you'll learn how maple syrup is harvested and turned into various other maple products Quebec Explore Old Quebec with a Local Specialist Toronto Orientation tour including Chinatown
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..