South America Samba
From 04/02/2021 to 01/04/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Feb Thu 04 2021 to Feb Fri 12 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Feb Thu 18 2021 to Feb Fri 26 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Mar Thu 04 2021 to Mar Fri 12 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Mar Thu 11 2021 to Mar Fri 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Mar Thu 18 2021 to Mar Fri 26 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Mar Thu 25 2021 to Apr Fri 02 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Apr Thu 01 2021 to Apr Fri 09 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Apr Thu 22 2021 to Apr Fri 30 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
May Thu 13 2021 to May Fri 21 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Jun Thu 10 2021 to Jun Fri 18 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Jul Thu 01 2021 to Jul Fri 09 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Jul Thu 08 2021 to Jul Fri 16 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Aug Thu 05 2021 to Aug Fri 13 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
Sep Thu 09 2021 to Sep Fri 17 2021AvailableFrom$2,250*
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
All internal air included in trip cost.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Day 1 - Arrive Rio de Janeiro (3 Nights) Golden swathes of famous coastline, tropical landscapes and a certain "joie de vivre" will welcome you to one of the world's most vibrant cities, Rio de Janeiro. Energy pulses through every pore of this passionate and fun loving city, flooding from the favelas to the football fields and cumulating in nightly parties where the caipirinhas are free flowing and the samba rhythm is infectious. Rio may be best known for its annual Carnival, but visiting here you'll realise that every day is cause for celebration. Settle in to your hotel before meeting up with your Travel Director this afternoon. Then, if you'd like, hit the sands of Copacabana to watch the sun set whilst you sip your first Cacha?a.
Day 2 - Rio de Janeiro Sightseeing and Free Time The picturesque Cosme Velho district will be your first stop today, where 1920's neocolonial buildings will surround you as you board the Corcovado Rack Railway, an old cogwheel train. Hopping on board you'll wind your way through the Tijuca Forest to the very top of Mount Corcovado, standing in awe as you catch a first glimpse of the 30 metre high Christ the Redeemer. The undisputed icon of Rio, this magnificent art deco statue is one of the new 7 Wonders of the World and offers the best vantage point of the 'Marvellous City' stretching out below. Take your time exploring here before heading on to visit lively Copacabana and beautiful Ipanema, Rio's best known beaches. Laze under an umbrella, take a dip in the surf, then this evening dive in to Rio's famed culinary scene.
Day 3 - Rio de Janeiro Free Time Waking up to your final full day in Rio, today is free to explore your way. Perhaps opt for a sun drenched sailing excursion around Guanabara Bay, passing by islands and forts with the towering Sugarloaf Mountain ever present in the distance. For those keen to get a closer look, you could also opt for a half day city tour of Rio which includes ascending the mountain by cable car for absolutely stand out views. Tonight, celebrate the diversity and culture of South America at the Carret?o Ipanema Churrascaria. Distinctly a South American style rotisserie, it owes its origins to the fireside roasts of the ga?chos of southern Brazil traditionally from the Pampa region, centuries ago.
Day 4 - Rio de Janeiro - Iguassu Falls (2 Nights) Leaving the colourful costumes and infectious rhythms of Rio behind, this morning you'll head to the airport to catch your flight to Iguassu Falls. Words can't really describe the magnificence of the world's largest series of waterfalls (275 to be exact), which straddle the border between Argentina and Brazil and are surrounded by lush expanses of national park. Settle in to your hotel this afternoon and spend the evening relaxing, no doubt bubbling with excitement for the natural spectacle that tomorrow will bring.
Day 5 - Iguassu Falls and Free Time Pack your raincoat and your sense of adventure this morning as you're off to visit the Iguassu National Park, entering on the Brazilian side of the falls. You'll be venturing down to the ominously named and utterly exhilarating Devil's Throat, the tallest and most impressive of Iguassu's waterfalls. Remember that raincoat? Now's the time to use it! This afternoon keep the adrenalin levels high on an Optional Experience^ hike down a canyon to the Macuco Falls, where you'll then board a custom designed inflatable motorboat for a high intensity ride to the base of the falls. If keeping things a little more sedate is more your style, opt to visit a bird park where you can spot more than 150 different species of birds.
Day 6 - Iguassu Falls - Buenos Aires (3 Nights) Country hopping between Brazil and Argentina, today you'll cross the Tancredo Neves Bridge, otherwise known as Fraternity Bridge, to explore the Argentinian side of the falls. Adding a new stamp to your passport as you cross through customs, you'll drive through the lush and wildlife rich Argentinian Iguassu National Park to reach the falls and cascades which are equally as impressive from this side of the border. Boarding the open sided and near silent Ecological Jungle Train which is every bit as scenic and sensual as it sounds, you'll pay a second visit to Devil's Throat before heading to the airport to catch a flight to passionate, sexy, European influenced Buenos Aires.
Day 7 - Buenos Aires Sightseeing and Free Time Waking up in sultry Buenos Aires this morning is a prospect that should fill you with excitement. This meat loving, tango obsessed capital city is a mix of sultry charm and gritty splendour, where European inspired buildings rub shoulders with rough around the edges barrios, and street art pops from every corner. Dive in to all Buenos Aires has to offer on a sightseeing tour that will visit 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue in the world, outstanding Colon Theatre, Plaza de Mayo, Metropolitan Cathedral and San Telmo, the oldest district in the city. Finishing up in colourful and charming La Boca you'll then have time to explore by yourself this afternoon before dressing up in your South American finest for a night of Argentinian steak and classic tango, accompanied by a spectacular live orchestra.
Day 8 - Buenos Aires Free Time Another free day in the Argentinian capital, you could join an Optional Experience that could see you experiencing a glimpse into the life of a gaucho, the cowboy culture that has existed for over three centuries. Heading out into the glorious pampas (grasslands) surrounding Buenos Aires you'll visit a 3000 acre working ranch to learn more about the gaucho culture, enjoying folk music, traditional dances and carriage rides before rounding off the experience with a juicy BBQ lunch. You've also got the option of visiting the lush countryside region of Tigre Delta, which offers a laid back vibe and a chance to see a different side of Argentine life. Enjoy a picturesque cruise around the delta and spot the delightful summer residences of Buenos Aires elite.
Day 9 - Depart Buenos Aires
2 - countries and 1 New Wonder of the World later, your trip will finally come to an end this morning Sightseeing Highlights Buenos Aires Discover Recoleta Cemetery, the Plaza de Mayo and 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue in the world before being whisked away to your dinner and Tango show, where you travel back to the glory days of this colourful city Iguassu Falls Step out onto catwalks along the world's widest cascading waterfalls and be awed by Devil's Throat before boarding your jungle train through the tropical Iguassu National Park Rio de Janeiro Explore iconic sights such as Copacabana and Ipanema Beaches, Christ the Redeemer and the stunning Tijuca Forest on your cogwheel train
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.