Wonders of the American West 2021 Classic Group
From 03/10/2021 to 19/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sun 03 2021 to Oct Tue 12 2021Sold OutFrom$5,421*
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Tue 19 2021Sold OutFrom$5,079*
Monument Valley: Take a journey through Monument Valley Navajo Tribal park, meeting Navajo Local Experts on a guided journey across tribal land.
Learn about Navajo history, culture and heritage, plus the careful balance maintained here between the tribes and the land.
Las Vegas: At 18:00, join your Travel Director and companions for a Welcome Dinner with wine at the award-winning Bacchanal Buffet.
Grand Canyon: Enjoy classic regional dishes featuring fresh local ingredients at the Grand Canyon Lodge.
Monument Valley: Enjoy an authentic cookout during your Highlight Lunch, set amid the majestic buttes and mesas of the gorgeous surrounding landscape.
Moab: Enjoy a Dine-Around evening as you choose from a hand-picked selection of mouthwatering restaurants.
Bryce Canyon National Park: Get together with your new friends for a memorable Celebration Dinner within the park's beautiful surroundings.
Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 1 Lunch (L)Grand Canyon National Park: Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon.
With over seven years of experience in geology, you'll learn about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and its current impact.
You'll also discover the local flora and fauna, and find out where you might be able to spot elk, mule, deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions.
Glen Canyon Dam: Later today, you’ll stop by the Glen Canyon Dam where you’ll learn about its history and impact on the Colorado River.
Mesa Verde National Park: Make your way to Mesa Verde National Park, as the day draws to a close.
Your lodge inside the park offers sweeping vistas that reach into three states.
Mesa Verde National Park: See the ancient pueblo cliff dwellings, known as the Cliff Palace.
Arches National Park: Enjoy views of the natural formations, including the iconic Delicate Arch.
Canyonlands National Park: Venture to Canyonlands National Park for a drive onto the Island in the Sky - a mesa resting 1,000 feet (305 metres) above the surrounding countryside, offering spectacular views over the dramatic sandstone formations.
Capitol Reef National Park: Magniﬁcent scenery awaits at Capitol Reef National Park, best known for its Waterpocket Fold, a 100-mile-long (160 kilometre) warp in the earth's crust.
Journey along one of the most beautiful roads in the world, Scenic Byway 12, winding through stunning Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.
Bryce Canyon National Park: Head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah.
Here you will be met by pine trees and red rock pillars.
Take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point while you view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos.
Bryce Canyon National Park: Travel through Bryce Canyon National Park, the great natural amphitheatre.
The whimsical eroded rock formations that characterize this National Park feature some of Utah's most unusual shapes.
With your Travel Director, learn how wind, erosion and iron oxidation created the spellbinding hoodoos.
Zion National Park: See the grandeur and natural features of the canyon in total comfort while traveling via private open-air tram with live on-board commentary.
Monument Valley: Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide.
Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and more about life on their beautiful land.
Day Day 2 - The Wonders of the Grand Canyon Journey on to Grand Canyon National Park, and enjoy an Insight Choice. Choose to hike along the scenic Rim Trail with your Travel Director. Alternatively join a Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for a fascinating discussion on the wonders of this natural phenomenon, and learn about the local flora and fauna, and find out how you might be able to spot the local wildlife. Dine at your lodge this evening after a sparkling reception at sunset, where you'll take in the incredible orange hues that light up this stunning natural wonder.
Day Day 5 - Monument Valley and the Navajo Nation Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. These sturdy 4x4 jeeps offer open sides for spectacular views and a roof to protect you from the sun. Learn about Navajo history from your guide and more about life on their beautiful land. The area is also the backdrop for many Western Hollywood hits, including "Stagecoach" and "Fort Apache." Inspired by these iconic movies, you’ll find “John Wayne’s cabin” at nearby Goulding’s Lodge. This small structure was used for exterior shots in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon," starring Wayne himself. The venue also holds a cinema dedicated to Wayne and his impressive movie portfolio. Enjoy a Navajo cookout Highlight Lunch amid the giant buttes and mesas of this unique landscape before making your way to Mesa Verde National Park, where the day draws to a close. Your lodge inside the park offers sweeping vistas reaching into three states.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 22 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans