South Australia's Outback to Wine Country, 7 Days
The accommodationDay 1 Adelaide - Port Augusta (309km)
On arrival into Port Augusta, make your way to the Wadlata Outback Centre, where you can experience the Tunnel of Time, with local tales about the region. From there you can take a Heritage Walk through the town discovering its historical buildings. Enjoy the stunning scenery as you stroll along the coastal path following the shores of the Spencer Gulf, you may even spot a dolphin.
Overnight in Port AugustaDay 2 to 4 Port Augusta - Flinders Ranges (172km)
As you make your way to the Flinders Ranges, stop at the small historic railway town of Quorn, with its old style charm, and featured as a historic scene in movies such as Wolf Creek, The Lighthorsemen, Gallipoli and The Sundowners, to name a few.
As you journey into an ancient backyard of unspoilt, rugged beauty and dramatic mountain ranges, you will drive through Mars-like environments, with dusty red-roads and deep craters bordered by towering cliffs. Forming some of the most beautiful and dramatic landscapes in the country, Flinders Ranges and the Outback is rich in indigenous history and wildlife. You can take an aerial tour of Kati Thana - Lake Eyre, or drive along the Aboriginal Dreaming Trail. Head out to Wilpena and discover Wilpena Pound, a massive crater-like bowl almost 100km wide, which stands above the plains.
The region produces a vast range of bush foods, with feral game found on many menus, along with desserts featuring quandong. Quench your thirst at the Prairie Hotel, a quintessential Outback pub renowned for its feral fare and innovative use of native ingredients, or dine at The Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park, a rustic Australian corrugated iron woolshed serving country-style cuisine with a twist.
Overnight in Flinders Ranges (3 nights)Day 5 to 6 Flinders Ranges - Clare Valley (304km)
As you reach Clare Valley, discover over 40 wineries and vineyards scattered throughout the region, with it's signature Riesling, being among the best in the world. Visit the charming towns in the region; stop for lunch at Skillogalee, an historic settler's cottage, surrounded by beautiful gardens; or the rustic and delightful Terroir Auburn with its Parisian feel, built circa in the 1860s. The heritage towns of Burra and Mintaro boast their own unique characteristic charm. Stop at Burra Fresh for breakfast as they are known for their great coffee and use of local farm-fresh produce. Approximately 5 minutes from Mintaro, step back in time and explore Martindale Hall, a living museum and one of Australia's prettiest country mansions.
Explore a little further and head south out to Lake Bumbunga with the lake known for changing colour from pink, to white, to blue, depending on the salinity of the water throughout the year.
Overnight in Clare Valley (2 nights)Day 7 Clare Valley - Adelaide (143km)
Take a leisurely drive back to Adelaide.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.