Southern Soul - Dallas to New Orleans(Twin Room,Start Dallas/Fort Worth, End New Orleans)
From 19/05/2021 to 06/04/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Wed 19 2021 to May Wed 26 2021AvailableFrom$2,045*
Jun Wed 02 2021 to Jun Wed 09 2021AvailableFrom$2,045*
Jun Wed 16 2021 to Jun Wed 23 2021AvailableFrom$2,045*
Jun Wed 30 2021 to Jul Wed 07 2021AvailableFrom$2,045*
Jul Wed 14 2021 to Jul Wed 21 2021AvailableFrom$2,045*
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts and delicious dinners from us but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine.
You'll taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
Professional, insightful and fun, our Trip Managers, Drivers and Local Guides in the USA & Canada are highly trained and ready to show you this incredible part of the world.
Armed with their little black books of must sees, dos and eats, they'll help you avoid the tourist traps and show you the time of your life.
Day 1 - Fort Worth to Austin Feel the famed Southern hospitality as we meet up with the rest of our Contiki family in the 'bigger is better' scene of Dallas. From here we'll head to the decidedly more laid-back vibes of Austin.Don't say we don't treat you. Diving straight into the local way of life, this evening you'll get to know your new travel crew over an authentic & mouthwatering Texan BBQ.
Day 2 - Austin Today is yours to get the low-down on Texan life. You have the option to take to two wheels to see the sights on a city bicycle tour, pick yourself out some new cowboy boots or kick-back poolside to preserve your energy for a night on the town - Austin has a world famous music scene for a good reason.
Day 3 - Austin to San Antonio Having conquered Austin, we'll venture onto San Antonio...Welcome to a charming melting pot of Spanish, Mexican & American infusions. After eating our way around the largest Mexican market outside of Mexico and enjoying a walking tour to get our bearings, a serene river walk will offer us shops, restaurants & music to soak up and enjoy.
Day 4 - San Antonio to Houston Leaving San An feeling like a local, it's time to make our way to Texas' largest city. By now you're already feeling like a local, and today we make our way to Texas' largest city, Houston.With huge belt buckles & portion sizes to match, the city certainly lives up to its larger than life reputation.
Day 5 - Houston to New Orleans Bellies full of BBQ, we'll head to the romantic metropolis of New OrleansThe love-child of French & Caribbean culture, New Orleans will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive.
Day 6 - New Orleans We'll kick off the festivities today with a swoon-worthy walking tour of the French quarter, jamming in Jackson Square before sampling beignets & marveling at elegant, pre-war mansions, all to the sweet sounds of Southern jazz, of course. Then it's time to head for the New Orleans school of cooking to trade tales with your new friends over some traditional gumbo.
Day 7 - New Orleans Now that you know New Orleans like one of the locals, it's your day to do your own thing. Stroll down Frenchmen street for the sounds of jazz and funk, head to the vast grassy oasis of the city park or check out the New Orleans museum of art for an extensive collection of gorgeous French masterpieces.
Day 8 - New Orleans Tissues on deck & souvenirs in tow, it's time to say our goodbyes. This has been the journey of a lifetime, so make sure to keep in contact for a reunion trip soon... New Orleans Day 1 Walking Tour of the French Quarter with tasting of pralines & beignets EatWith Dinner in New Orleans with creole specialities & Southern hospitality
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.