Great Southern Rail - Adelaide Delight, 6 Nights, Gold Service
The accommodationDay 1.
After setting off from Brisbane, enjoy lunch on board and a relaxing afternoon settling in to your private cabin before arriving at the coastal town of Coffs Harbour. As the sun dips beneath the horizon, enjoy a unique beachside dinner where you'll feast on local produce and fresh seafood matched with fine wines, while the waves lap at the shore nearby. After a few leisurely hours, you'll reboard the train and set off for the night.Day 2
Start the day with a hearty breakfast on board before setting off for a full day of Off Train Excursions. Today you get to choose your own adventure with your choice of the Hunter Valley, Newcastle or Port Stephens.
Hunter Valley Wine Region: Meander through the picturesque and historic vineyards of the Hunter Valley, where you can sample wines from both world-renowned brands and boutique cellar doors. Your day will include cellar door experiences, winery tours and a sumptuous lunch.
Port Stephens by Land and Sea: Travel to Nelson Bay for a relaxing cruise spotting dolphins and taking in the beauty of the Bay before lunch at the Marina. Next stop is the Stockton Bight Sand Dunes where you'll explore the beach by 4WD van, stopping to hunt for pippies and driving to the top of a sand dune before returning to the train for dinner.
Newcastle Explorer: Take in spectacular coastal views and discover Newcastle's unique blend of old and new with a guided walking tour, lunch and a historical Fort Scratchley site visit. Finish the day with a visit to Strzelecki Lookout and stroll along the Newcastle Memorial Walk.
In the evening, return to the train to enjoy a regionally-inspired meal prepared on board before retiring for the night.Day 3
After enjoying breakfast on board, you can choose to discover the bustling city of Melbourne, take a road trip to the Great Ocean Road or a relaxed afternoon in the Moorabool Valley and Geelong Waterfront.
Melbourne Explorer: Take in the breathtaking views of Melbourne from Eureka Skydeck, the highest public observation tower in the Southern Hemisphere, and lunch at Eureka 89. Then get to know Melbourne city with your choice of a laneway walking tour, a tour of the National Gallery of Victoria, Australia, or free time to shop and enjoy the city sights. As the day ends, the coach will transport you to the awaiting train at Inverleigh Station stopping along the way for a sumptuous dinner and wine tasting.
Wonders of the Great Ocean Road: After bunch on board, set off on a road trip by coach through regional Victoria to the Great Ocean Road to see unforgettable highlights such as the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge or London Bridge, majestic collections of crumbling pillars rising from the Southern Ocean. On the return journey to Inverleigh Station, enjoy dinner and drinks at a heritage homestead in regional Victoria.
Wine and Waterfront: after brunch on board, set off to enjoy wine tasting and stunning views at a regional Victorian vineyard before heading to the Geelong Waterfront. Set your own pace by wandering along the foreshore discovering public art and history such as the Pier, Eastern Beach and Baywalk Bollards or just sit and soak up the sights and sounds of the foreshore. Finish the day with dinner and wine tasting before returning to the train that night.
Once you're back on board, head to the lounge car to enjoy a nightcap and chat with friends or simply return to your cabin to unwind before heading to bed.Day 4
As the train journeys through the charming Adelaide Hills, enjoy your last breakfast on board before arriving into Adelaide and the end of your Great Southern train journey.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- This is an Everday Saver fare:
- 91 days or more prior to departure - $50 per person cancellation fee.
- 90 - 46 days prior to departure - $500 per person cancellation fee.
- Within 45 days prior to departure - Fare is non-refundable.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.