The Ghan - Rock and Rail, 9 Nights, Gold Service
The accommodationDay 1 Alice Springs
Experience the epitome of Australian Outback character at Alice Springs, the Northern Territory's 3rd largest town, located in the heart of the Red Centre. Explore wide desert landscapes, the rugged MacDonnell Ranges, deep gorges, waterholes, and a breathtaking night sky - unique physical attractions all served by a town with a fascinating pioneering heritage.Day 2 - 3 Alice Springs to Kings Canyon (via Glen Helen) 365km
Make an early start so you can take a slight detour and explore the West MacDonnell National Park and witness their spectacular natural formations of gorges, waterholes and chasms. Continue further west to Redbank Gorge and enjoy a swim before making your way to Glen Helen, where you could stop for lunch at their bistro. A further 232km west you will reach Kings Canyon.
Kings Canyon is a natural wonder located in the heart of Australia's Red Centre. Soaring 650m above sea level, areas of the canyon plummet to the Garden of Eden, where lush plants thrive along the line of the permanent rock pools. The resort is located near Watarrka National Park, home to Kings Canyon, and has been thoughtfully designed to blend-in with the natural surroundings. Enjoy fresh local food at one of the 3 restaurants or the bar, or cool-off with a refreshing dip in the pool.
Why not take a guided rocky climb to the rim of Kings Canyon and enjoy the views of Watarrka National Park from the top and down into the canyon itself. If time permits, you may wish to descend to the green oasis of the 'Garden of Eden'. The guided walk may take up to 3 hours and is rock and steep in places, or you may prefer to take an easier, shorter walk to explore the boulder strewn canyon floor.Day 4 - 5 Kings Canyon to Uluru 300km
Follow the Luritja Road and Lasseter Highway to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park today, passing Mt Conner, which is often mistaken for Uluru. You can view the Lake Amadeus salt plains near Mt Conner lookout.
Set deep in the heart of the Australian Outback, Uluru and Kata Tjuta are sacred to the region's indigenous people. Known colloquially as the Red Centre, this vast desert landscape provides some of the most breathtaking views in the country, and is most certainly a bucket list destination. Get set to take in rich ochre earth, imposing geological formations and stunning sunrises and sunsets that bathe Uluru. Make sure you book in for the Field of Light attraction, as you will witness 50,000 slender stems of glass spheres gently bloom with rhythms of coloured light as darkness falls. Must do activities is exploring Kata Tjuta and Uluru on either a Sunrise or Sunset Tour, or combine a Uluru Sunset tour with a BBQ dinner, and ride a camel to sunrise on a 1-hour ride over sand dunes. Another must do highlight is dining under the stars at the Sounds of Silence Dinner, where you will enjoy a 3-course bush-tucker-inspired meal while viewing the sunset, stars overlooking Uluru.
You will enjoy a range of accommodation options at Ayers Rock Resort, which is also a great base with shops, facilities and dining options.Day 6
It's time to head home departing from Ayers Rock Airport, or you may prefer to return back to Alice Springs.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 3 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- This is an Everday Saver fare:
- 91 days or more prior to departure - $50 per person cancellation fee.
- 90 - 46 days prior to departure - $500 per person cancellation fee.
- Within 45 days prior to departure - Fare is non-refundable.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.