Departure dates & prices
Day 1 - Rome, Italy
Leave the everyday behind and uncover extraordinary. We’ll rendezvous with the gang in la bella Roma before embarking on a walking tour to end all walking tours. We’re talking a solid few hours of non-stop sights, off-the-tourist-trail hidden gems and a run-down of almost 3000 years of history. Pass by the Pantheon, throw our two cents in the Trevi Fountain, (don’t) sit on the Spanish Steps and wind things up under the shadow of the mighty Colosseum. Epic doesn’t even cut it. Then, tuck into a drool-worthy Italian indulgence at tonight’s included dinner. You wore your fat pants, right?
Day 2 - Rome
You’ve got 24 hours to live out all your Eat. Pray. Love. fantasies. Get out there and do your own, spontaneous, this-is-what-you-came-for thing. But if you need some local tips, we’ve got your back. Count your blessings on an optional tour of Vatican City. Hike up Capitoline Hill for awesome views of the Roman Forum and Colosseum. Head to the Knights of Malta Keyhole to see an alternative view of the city. Battle the lunchtime rush for a slice at Pizzarium Bonci. Hunt down the Mouth of Truth. Or simply do as the locals do and indulge in a little dolce far niente (delicious idleness) at a local cafe. You’re in Disneyland for foodies, so finding dinner tonight is gonna to be a breeze. Thought you’d tried all the gelato flavours? Head to Fatamorgana – and think again.
Day 3 - Rome to Florence
Prepare to make your food baby sing as we roll into Florence. This place has more stories than you can poke a stick at, more culture than a Fitzroy hipster, AND it gave the world gelato – praise be. We’ll get the lay of the land on an in-depth walking tour with a local guide. Then: take your new-found knowledge and hit the streets solo. Uffizi Gallery. Ponte Vecchio. Piazza della Signoria. The Duomo. You can’t see it all, but you sure as hell can try! Did someone say karaoke? If you’re feeling it, join the gang in a battle of the classics at the bar later.
Day 4 - Florence to Venice
You’ve got this morning to explore – make it count. Get to the Galleria dell’Accademia early to make eyes at David. Or head to the top of the Duomo for allll the views (get your tix in advance!). Later, we’re off to Venice. You know it as The Floating City, but this place is actually sinking (slowly). Check out the usual suspects on a walking tour with our Trip Leader – ticking off the likes of St Mark's Square, Doge’s Palace and Accademia Bridge. Dinner tonight is on you, but your Trip Leader has the low-down on where to go. What delicious carb-laden Italian meal are you going to try first? Order two.
Day 5 - Venice
Time to see what all the fuss is about. Centuries-old architecture. Inventive cuisine. And a bucket-load of culture. Venice is just begging to be explored. After an included gondola ride along the Grand Canal, you’ve got the whole day to do just that. Need suggestions? Insider tip: spend some time seeking out the epic Libreria Acqua Alta bookshop or head off the tourist trail with a trip to Giudecca Island. Go wandering. Chat to the locals. Get lost in the maze of canals and piazzas. Watch the sun go down with a refreshing spritz in hand. That’s what makes the memories.
Day 6 - Venice to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
From cityscapes to landscapes, prepare yourself for some I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E scenery as we make our way to the Swiss Alps. Warm up those vocal cords, we’ll be busting out some bangers on the ride into the mountains. Cue the fairytale villages of your imagination – the oh-so-quaint Engelberg is where we'll be spending the night. After dinner, you can head to the hotel bar with the gang or enjoy some me-time relaxing in the fresh Alpine air. You’re finally here, stop and enjoy it.
Day 7 - Swiss Alps
This is your day. So, enjoy it your way. This place should have been sponsored by GoPro. Ready to explore? Hiking. Biking. Thrill-seeking. It’s all here. You could take the revolving gondola to the top of Mt Titlis for all the epic views (without the effort). Or head into town in search of the world's best hot chocolate and cheese fondue – unless you’re lactose intolerant. After grabbing dinner, sit back and enjoy the view. This is livin’.
Day 8 - Swiss Alps to Paris, France
Buy that mini-fondue set for mum. Down your coffee. And wave goodbye to Switzerland – we’re off to the City of Love. The home of Coco Chanel, the Mona Lisa and world’s craziest roundabout – Paris deserves its rep as the European capital for all things culture, haute couture and drool-worthy food. Glue your face to the coach windows as we pass showstoppers like the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, Rue de Rivoli, the Seine and THAT Tower on a driving tour. Then, you’ve got the evening free to uncover why they call this place the City of Lights. Hint: head up the Montparnasse observation tower at night and you might get a better idea.
Day 9 - Paris
This is your day, your way. So, make every second count. Create a solid dent in your bucket list with a visit to see ol’ Mona (book your tickets in advance!) and the Musée d'Orsay. Flash some plastic along the Champs Elysées. Discover the hidden gems down Paris’s back-streets. Walking not your thing? Give those calves a workout on an optional bike tour. Or soak up the Parisian vibes from the water while cruising the river Seine. Tonight, dress to impress for an optional cabaret show. Think: sparking lights, death-defining acrobatics, OTT costumes and the Cancan (of course). For tonight’s grand finale, shake out those fat pants and enjoy one last dinner with the gang.
Day 10 - Paris to London, England
Today we say goodbye. But who said all good things must come to an end? There’s plenty of time to plan the reunion trip on the coach back to ol’ Blighty. Where to next?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.