Departure dates & prices
Apr Sun 11 2021 to Apr Fri 16 2021From$2,179*
May Mon 17 2021 to May Sat 22 2021From$2,319*
Jun Tue 01 2021 to Jun Sun 06 2021From$2,319*
Jun Fri 11 2021 to Jun Wed 16 2021From$2,319*
Jul Thu 01 2021 to Jul Tue 06 2021From$2,319*
Jul Fri 16 2021 to Jul Wed 21 2021From$2,179*
Day 1 - Lille
After meeting the group in Lille, we’ll kick off our battlefields tour with a delicious welcome dinner. Here’s to the incredible journey ahead. Accommodation: Hôtel Couvent des Minimes (or similar)
Day 2 - Lille – Somme – Amiens
After breakfast, we’ll begin our first full day together by exploring the region of the Somme – the infamous site of one of the costliest WWI battles. While we’re here, we’ll visit Newfoundland Memorial Park – where the original trench lines have been preserved. Later, we’ll visit Ulster Tower – a memorial to the 36th (Ulster) Division – and Pozières Cemetery. We’ll also have time to pay our respects at the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing of the Somme before we set a course for Amiens. Accommodation: Hôtel Le Prieuré (or similar)
Day 3 - Amiens – Naours – Amiens
Today will begin with a visit to the underground city of Naours. Here, we’ll tour the vast cave network where hundreds of ANZAC soldiers left their mark. With the largest concentration of WWI inscriptions on the Western Front, this site provides a touching insight into the lives of the brave soldiers fighting on the front. Then: we’ll round off the day back in Amiens, where you’ll have some free time to explore at your own pace. Accommodation: Hôtel Le Prieuré (or similar)
Day 4 - Amiens – Villers-Bretonneux – Ypres
This morning, we'll leave Amiens behind us - moving on to the Australian National War Memorial and Cemetery at Villers-Bretonneux. After taking some time to pay our respects, our next stop will be the Canadian National Vimy Memorial: Canada's largest overseas National Memorial. This evening will see us dining together in Ypres - a town that was completely destroyed during WWI and rebuilt anew. Accommodation: The Albion Hotel (or similar)
Day 5 - Ypres – Ypres Salient – Menin Gate – Ypres
The beautiful town of Ypres sits in the epicentre of British WWI endeavours, and there is much to see in the surrounding countryside. We’ll start with a visit to John McCrae’s Dressing Station at Essex Farm Cemetery – the site where his famous poem In Flanders Fields was written in 1915. Continuing our journey, we’ll visit the German Cemetery at Langemark and Vancouver Corner. Then, we’ll explore the fascinating Hooge Crater Museum – home to a unique collection of WWI artefacts and reconstructed trenches. An evocative end to the day is in store: we’ve an appointment to keep at the Menin Gate Memorial, where we’re invited to attend the Last Post ceremony. Accommodation: The Albion Hotel (or similar)
Day 6 - Ypres – Fromelles – Lille
Today, we’ll visit Hill 60 – a manmade promontory on the edge of the Ypres Salient where many fierce battles between the Germans and Allied forces took place. After, we’ll take some time to explore the area around Fromelles, VC Corner and the Australian Memorial Park – before having the opportunity to visit Pheasant Wood Cemetery: the final resting place of 250 Australian and British soldiers killed in the battle of Fromelles. After returning to Lille, our incredible journey will come to a close.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.