From 28/04/2021 to 02/05/2021
Immerse yourself in Kathmandu, visiting Pashupatinath and the giant Buddhist stupa at Boudhanath.
Discover the ancient city of Bhaktapur.
Explore the Kathmandu Valley and the Himalayan foothills.
Soak in spectacular sunsets over the Himalaya.
4 breakfastsHotel accommodation at one of Kathmandu's best hotels on a twin share basis with buffet breakfastairport transfers if arriving on day 1 and 5 or if you booked pre/post tour accommodation at the Radisson through World ExpeditionsEnglish-speaking local guidesWelcome drinks in KathmanduAll sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary plus site entrance feesPre-departure Information Guide, with all you need to know for your tripSingle travellers are required to pay a single supplement when joining this adventure.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Day 1 - Join Kathmandu You will be met by your group leader and transferred to the Radisson hotel. Remainder of the afternoon at leisure. A pre-trip briefing will be given around 5pm. Evening drinks are held in the hotel for all World Expeditions clients arriving today. Drinks and snacks will generally be served from 6:30 pm until 7:15pm, and this is a great opportunity to get acquainted with your fellow group members before heading out to dinner.
Day 2 - In Kathmandu This morning a sightseeing tour takes in the key attractions in and around Kathmandu. We will visit Pashupatinath and Boudhanath, returning to the hotel by 2pm. In the afternoon you may have time to explore Kathmandu Durbar Square or Swayambhunath. The area has an amazing range of fascinating highlights, whatever your interest. Excellent bookshops, extensive markets, and novelty and handicraft shops contrast with fantastic centres of cultural and spiritual significance - Kathmandu has more UNESCO World Heritage sites than any other city in the world.
Day 3 - To Balthali Resort - Kavre via Bhaktapur After breakfast at the hotel, we check-out and journey a short distance to the medieval town of Bhaktapur. This fascinating town is rich with temples, monasteries and palaces, with ornately carved features such as the famous ‘Peacock Window’. The main square, Durbar Square, is a UNESCO world heritage site, and is best appreciated by sitting and watching while one of the many religious festivals and processions passes by. Following time to appreciate this living history and the many artisans workshop (the town is famous for pottery and wood carving), we continue on to Balthali Resort on the rim of the Kathmandu Valley and our resort for the next two nights. There will be an opportunity this evening to watch the sun setting over the Himalaya.
Day 4 - Day walk and relax in the foothills Today we walk around 4-5 hours to visit villages and appreciate the surrounding landscapes. There will be further opportunities to view the Himalaya, and interact with the local people. Afternoon at leisure.
Day 5 - Return to Kathmandu, trip concludes Following breakfast at our hotel, we return to Kathmandu. Arrangements conclude on arrival at the Radisson Hotel or Airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans