Larapinta Goddess Walk
From 19/08/2021 to 18/09/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Discover the stunning beauty of the ancient red centre walking on the West MacDonnell Ranges.
Rejuvenate your senses with early morning yoga and meditation sessions.
Completely unwind with stress free all female passengers and guides.
Relax in our exclusive eco-campsites.
Enjoy delicious meals cooked by your guides.
2 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinnersProfessional wilderness guide, support staff and yoga instructorExclusive semi-permanent campsitesSwags for sleeping (no sleeping bags included)Catering and dining utensilsOff-road transport from Alice SpringsAll National Park and Camping FeesComprehensive group first aid kitEmergency radio/sat phoneYoga matDuring the trip we stay at our exclusive semi-permanent wilderness campsites.
Nestled amongst the hills just off the Larapinta Trail, these camps offer a relaxing and comfortable stay in remote locations.
Our exclusive campsites are fully set up, so there is no need to worry about pitching or packing away tents.
Each site has a large covered area in which to relax at the end of a day of walking, with lounges, dining table and kitchen.
Beside this shady communal space is our campfire, the perfect place to gather as the sun sets.
The toilet facilities are clean and comfortable.
All toilet waste goes in to a composting tank, ensuring the environment is protected.
There are simple shower facilities: a bucket of water heated over the fire is strung up, providing a few minutes of wonderful hot shower.
All water is brought in by tanker as there are no suitable local water sources in the arid ranges.
The safari-style tents offer plenty of room for two people and gear.
Luggage should be kept in the tent at all times, preventing dingoes from taking shoes and other items.
You sleep on a stretcher bed in a swag.
The stretcher beds raise you 40cm off the ground and offer a firm, flat base for the comfy swag mattress.
The swag is a 5cm thick foam mattress inside a canvas cover.
We provide a cotton fitted sheet, pillow, and pillowcase which you keep for the entire trip.
You can take your swag outside the tent and sleep under the stars if you are looking for that real outback experience.
Sleeping bags are essential for warmth.
You can bring your own or hire (please contact World Expeditions if you would like to hire).
A silk sleeping bag liner will be provided if you are hiring a sleeping bag.
If you would like to hire a sleeping bag this will need to be booked at least 14 days in advance.
Most groups are made up of a mixture of single participants and couples.
If you are travelling independently you will share a tent with someone of the same sex (unless there is a spare tent available); this usually sorts itself out naturally.
Group Size: 8 - 16.
Morning yoga and meditation.
Day 1 - Telegraph Station to Wallaby Gap (14km) We pick you up from your accommodation between 7-7.30am and begin our walk at the historic Alice Springs Telegraph Station, the official start of the Larapinta Trail. Please ensure you've had breakfast before the pick up (you may need to pre-purchase food as most cafes will be shut before 7am). The stone buildings here date back to 1872 and they housed the first Europeans to live in Central Australia. From here the trail takes us west through witchetty bush, mulga scrub, and bird-filled shady woodlands. We climb high over exposed hills to the jagged outcrop of Euro Ridge, with expansive views over Alice Springs and the surrounding landscape, before descending to the deep narrow passage of Wallaby Gap. A short transfer takes us to Nick's Camp, one of our exclusive award-winning camps, nestled in the bush with stunning views across the Heavitree Range and Alice Valley. Following your introduction to camp, you will be greeted by your yoga instructor who will lead a yoga session before your dinner. Walking Time: 5-6 hours
Day 2 - Morning meditation and Walk to Simpson Gap (7km) + Standley Chasm (3-4km) Enjoy the morning bird chorus as you ease into an early morning meditation session. From Nick’s Camp we continue west through magnificent, shady Bloodwoods and tall Ironwoods, the dominant trees on this narrow alluvial flat. We may catch sight of Black-footed Rock Wallaby as we approach one of the most important waterholes of the area, Simpsons Gap. A short transfer takes us to the stunning Standley Chasm. Here we enjoy some lunch and a short walk to the look out. Then a transfer takes us through to Sonder Camp at the base of majestic Mt Sonder. Walking Time 3-4 hours Estimated drive time 1.5-2 hours
Day 3 - Morning self-guided meditation and Ormiston Gorge (8km), return to Alice Springs After a relaxed self guided meditation session, we begin our walking for the day. We visit Ormiston Gorge, a region full of wonderful wildlife. The Pound offers an immense variety of extraordinary scenery and is the perfect walk to complete our journey. We explore the upper reaches of the Gorge where Rock Wallabies scamper about the imposing cliffs, and follow the track through scrub filled with native birds: Spinifex Pigeon, Budgerigar and Mistletoe Bird. Keep an eye out overhead for the majestic Wedge-tailed Eagle, Australia's largest raptor. After our walk we transfer to Alice Springs. Sitting back and watching the now familiar ancient desert landscape slide by the bus window gives most trekkers a sense of awe and satisfaction. Having experienced some of the unforgettable highlights of the Larapinta Trail, we return past the scenic West Macdonnell Ranges to Alice Springs. We will drop you at your accommodation at approximately 4-6pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans