Maldives Dhoni Cruise
From 20/06/2022 to 31/12/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Mon 18 2022 to Jul Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,780*
Aug Mon 22 2022 to Aug Sat 27 2022AvailableFrom$1,890*
Sep Mon 19 2022 to Sep Sat 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,780*
Oct Mon 17 2022 to Oct Sat 22 2022AvailableFrom$1,780*
Nov Tue 01 2022 to Nov Sun 06 2022AvailableFrom$1,780*
Nov Sun 20 2022 to Nov Fri 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,780*
Nov Tue 29 2022 to Dec Sun 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,780*
Dec Tue 27 2022 to Jan Sun 01 2023AvailableFrom$2,170*
Mar Mon 20 2023 to Mar Sat 25 2023AvailableFrom$2,170*
Apr Tue 11 2023 to Apr Sun 16 2023AvailableFrom$2,170*
Apr Sat 29 2023 to May Thu 04 2023AvailableFrom$2,170*
May Tue 09 2023 to May Sun 14 2023AvailableFrom$2,060*
Jun Mon 19 2023 to Jun Sat 24 2023AvailableFrom$2,060*
Cruise the tranquil waters of the Maldives on an authentic Dhoni.
Snorkel and explore the marine life beneath the waves.
Unwind on some of the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world.
Savour delicious meals prepared fresh by your personal chef.
Relax at overnight moorings amongst the islands.
5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinnersaccommodation on board a private Dhoni on a twin share basisMaldives tourist taxes and tour permitsbasic snorkelling equipmentTour leader, local captain and crewairport transfersbasic fishing gearWorld Expeditions does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone.
We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender and if we can not match you up we will provide a single room at no extra charge.
If you prefer not to share a single supplement is payable to guarantee your own room.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
In the Maldives we use several different dhonis; cabins are cosy and comfortable with bunk beds.
Some dhonis do not have ensuite bathrooms, and may have detached or shared bathrooms (depending on group size and time of travel).
Each vessel is equipped with an outside dining area.
Facilities include a bar, dining area, library, sun deck, television, DVD/VCD player, music player, snorkelling gear, fishing line, dinghy with outboard engine.
Wifi is not available on board.
The crew is made up of four including the captain and chef.
Group Size: 4 - 10.
Day 1 - Transfer to dhoni. Cruise to Waagali On arrival at the International airport at Male you will be transferred to your dhoni. Our dhonis are all equipped with private cabins and a sun deck. You will be welcomed aboard by the Tour leader and introduced to the crew before cruising to the uninhabited island of Rihiveli Boduveli or to a resort island. Our chef will show off his skills with a buffet lunch aboard. We have the rest of the day to spend swimming and snorkeling before anchoring for the night. It is a wonderful spot for your first lesson in snorkeling the beautiful coral reefs of the Maldives! (Beach towels, snorkel and flippers are all provided on board.)
Day 2 - Cruise to Fulidhoo On the Maldives Dhoni Cruise there’s only one thing to do, relax and enjoy! After breakfast we cruise to the nearby atoll and the village of Fulidhoo. Fulidhoo Atoll is still quite untouched and its main industry is fishing. Our cruising time will be 4 to 5 hours. We spend the day in the village, meeting the local people and observing their lifestyle before returning to our dhoni for an evening at the lagoon.
Day 3 - Cruise to Bodumohoraa We have plenty of time to relax today as we cruise to the beautiful uninhabited island of Bodumohoraa. At the beach, you can go skin-diving, snorkeling or swimming. Our crew will organise a beach barbeque where we can enjoy a feast of local seafood. We spend the night at anchor and you may choose to sleep up on deck beneath a blanket of stars.
Day 4 - Cruise to Felihoo or Keyodu Today we cruise to the picturesque inhabited island of either Fulidhoo or Keyodu. Here we will meet the islanders, explore the local towns and have some time for local entertainment in the evening. We return to the dhoni in the evening.
Day 5 - Cruise to Male Atoll We cruise back to Male Atoll and anchor at a nearby resort island for our final night.
Day 6 - In Male, trip concludes Waking up on the dhoni, we have breakfast before being transferred to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans