Walk the Peak District
From 08/10/2021 to 09/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Fri 08 2021 to Oct Sun 10 2021AvailableFrom$700*
Oct Wed 20 2021 to Oct Fri 22 2021AvailableFrom$700*
Apr Fri 15 2022 to Apr Sun 17 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Apr Fri 29 2022 to May Sun 01 2022AvailableFrom$720*
May Wed 18 2022 to May Fri 20 2022AvailableFrom$720*
May Fri 27 2022 to May Sun 29 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Jun Fri 10 2022 to Jun Sun 12 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Jun Fri 24 2022 to Jun Sun 26 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Jul Fri 08 2022 to Jul Sun 10 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Jul Wed 27 2022 to Jul Fri 29 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Aug Fri 12 2022 to Aug Sun 14 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Aug Wed 31 2022 to Sep Fri 02 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Sep Fri 09 2022 to Sep Sun 11 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Sep Wed 21 2022 to Sep Fri 23 2022AvailableFrom$720*
Walk the winding trails between picturesque villages and then hole up at a local pub to try a fittingly named brew from Intrepid Brewing Co.
Chat with the locals in the village community shop as you take a break from walks through beautiful countryside of farms, woods, and tumbledown remains.
Treat yourself one of the town’s famous tarts or puddings in Bakewell and explore the arched bridges, narrow shopping streets and stone cottages.
Enjoy the ease of leaving your walking boots at the same comfortable, conveniently located accommodation each night.
Walking at Longshaw can be a stroll to the pond, an easy-to-follow waymarked walk or striking out further afield.
Enjoy a walk tailored to the abilities of your group around this beautiful Estate.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Original style bed & breakfast (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Bamford - Hope Valley & Village Walk.
Bamford - Local Beer Tasting (Intrepid Explorer Pub).
Hathersage - Hike to Bakewell.
Grindleford - Village Community Shop Drink & Snack.
Hathersage - Longshaw Estate Walk.
Day 1 - Peak District / Castleton to Bamford village walk Welcome to the Peak District. Start your Intrepid Retreats experience with be a Welcome Meeting with your host at 2 pm at the accommodation. Begin your active adventure with a walk through the Hope Valley to Bamford village. Castleton is the picture of a quintessentially England country town, with its slate grey old stone houses, countless pubs off the winding main road, and rolling green surrounds backed by steep hills on three sides, including the famous Mam Tor. Bamford is the highest remaining village in the Derwent valley, with many of its neighbours submerged in the mid-20th century by the construction of two reservoirs. Reward yourself for completing your first walk with a drink in a local pub in Bamford. Take your tastebuds on an intrepid adventure with what couldn’t be a more appropriate brew on tap – beers from Intrepid Brewing Co. Afterwards there is the option for return to Castleton by foot, or perhaps stay at the pub for dinner and catch a taxi back this evening.
Day 2 - Peak District / Castleton to Bakewell walk Fuel up with breakfast this morning to get ready for a full day of walking to Bakewell, known as the heart of the Peak District. Jump on the local bus to travel a few miles east to Hathersage for the start of your walk. Local legend has it that this hilly village is home to the grave of Robin Hood’s right-hand man Little John. Make your way along the banks of the River Derwent, passing farms, woods, beautiful cottages, old sawmills, and the tumbledown remains of chapels. Stop for a refresh in Grindleford and grab a tea in a shop that supports, and is run by, the local community. There’s even ice cream made in the Hope Valley. Continue on to Bakewell and pass Edensor, a picturesque village that was moved to improve the view for the resident Duke of nearby Chatsworth House. Bakewell’s history lies in the failed efforts of a local Duke to transform a remote market village into a spa town to outdo his local rival in Buxton, but today it's famous for sweet treats. Explore the town and be sure to try a bite in the original shop of the Bakewell Pudding. The tart may be more well known, but the slippery, almond-flavoured dessert – accidentally invented in the 18th century and made to a top-secret recipe – is the real drawcard. Jump in a taxi back to Castleton for a free evening.
Day 3 - Peak District / Castleton to Longshaw Estate walk Hop back on the bus to Hathersage this morning after breakfast for the start of a walk in Longshaw Estate. Once used for shooting by the Duke of Rutland, the estate of moorland and woodland is now managed by the National Trust. Make your way through rhododendron bushes, past moss-covered barns and grazing sheep, over babbling brooks, boulders weathered into natural sculptures, and along the heather and gorse flanked packhorse trails which once connected Sheffield to the salt wells of Cheshire. There is the opportunity to join your host for an optional lunch after the walk, and your Peak District Intrepid Retreat comes to an end back at your accommodation this afternoon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans