Jordan Retreat: Petra
From 11/11/2021 to 18/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Thu 11 2021 to Nov Sun 14 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,265*
Nov Thu 25 2021 to Nov Sun 28 2021AvailableFrom$1,185*
Feb Thu 10 2022 to Feb Sun 13 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Mar Thu 10 2022 to Mar Sun 13 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Apr Thu 07 2022 to Apr Sun 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Apr Thu 21 2022 to Apr Sun 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
May Thu 05 2022 to May Sun 08 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
May Thu 19 2022 to May Sun 22 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Jun Thu 02 2022 to Jun Sun 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Sep Thu 01 2022 to Sep Sun 04 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Sep Thu 15 2022 to Sep Sun 18 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Sep Thu 29 2022 to Oct Sun 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,185*
Visit a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment.
Enjoy dinner with a local village family who used to live in Petra and were moved out of the site after Petra became UNESCO heritage listed.
Hike along the unique Copper Mines trail in the Dana Biosphere reserve.
Have lunch with a local goat shepherd and learn more about his traditional way of life.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Comfort style deluxe bedouin camp.
4x4 Jeep,Private vehicle.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Dana Nature Reserve - Feynan Cooper Mines Trail.
Dana Nature Reserve - Lunch with a Local Shepherd.
Little Petra - Hike from Ghbour Whedat to Little Petra.
Little Petra - Ammarin Tribe Bedoiun Camp Visit.
Petra - Hike through Archaeological Site.
Petra - Guided tour.
Umm Sayhom - Village Visit & Dinner with Local Family.
Dead Sea - Visit and float.
Day 1 - Amman / Dana Nature Reserve / Petra Marhaba! Welcome to Jordan. Today you’ll meet your local host and your fellow travellers for the next four days. Your journey begins with an approximately three-hour drive to Dana Nature Reserve, where you’ll take part in a guided hike along the Copper Mines trail. Here you’ll learn about how vast deposits of copper were discovered, mined and processed for the Roman Empire. Explore long-forgotten mine shafts and visit nearby sites that are still visibly impacted by the ancient smelting process. Next, you’ll head to a nearby farm and enjoy lunch with a goat shepherd, where you’ll have the chance to learn a bit more about today’s local culture in the area. Later in the afternoon, continue your drive to the city of Petra, where you’ll have free time to explore and try some local delicacies for dinner, before retiring to your deluxe campsite for the evening.
Day 2 - Little Petra / Petra This morning you’ll take a short drive to Ghbour Whedat, where you will begin your morning hike to Little Petra. This trek makes up a part of the famous Dana to Petra trek, which is rated in the World’s 15 Best Hikes by National Geographic. You’ll pass Nabatean ruins, wine and olive presses and aqueducts, before reaching the back entrance to Little Petra where you can rest and enjoy a picnic lunch. After lunch, continue hiking through Little Petra, which was used to house traders travelling along the ancient Silk Road. Here you’ll see rock carved facades, houses and other ancient buildings carved into the sandstone canyon. You’ll finish the hike at a Bedouin camp, which provides the local Ammarin tribe with a sustainable income from tourism and is vital for the preservation of Bedouin culture and the natural environment. Take part in some everyday activities like bread baking or a coffee ritual, while listening to traditional instruments, such as Rababa and Shabbabeh, before heading back to your camp for the evening.
Day 3 - Petra After breakfast, leave your camp and head to the archaeological site of Petra. As you reach the end of the narrow, kilometre-long entrance, you’ll catch your first glimpse of the iconic Treasury facade, made famous in the west by the Indiana Jones films. The ancient site of Petra is massive and contains hundreds of elaborated rock-cut tombs, Roman-style theatres, temples, sacrificial altars and colonnaded streets, reached by many different trails. Today you’ll take the Um Al Biyara trail which takes three to four hours in total. The trail is steep in parts, but the staircase to the top is well maintained. Make sure you take regular breaks to soak up the ever-changing perspective on the city that is revealed as you ascend. Once you’ve completed the hike, leave Petra and head to nearby Umm Sayhom village, where you’ll visit a local family who used to live in Petra before it became a UNESCO heritage site in the mid-1980s. Enjoy a local dinner and hear the stories about their life in Petra and how things have changed since they moved to Umm Sayhoom, before returning to your camp for the night.
Day 4 - Petra / Dead Sea / Amman Today, you’ll leave Petra and make your way back to Amman via the Dead Sea. It will take approximately three and a half hours to drive to the Dead Sea, where you’ll then have time to either relax with a natural mud mask or try floating in the extremely salty waters. Once you’re feeling rejuvenated, continue driving to Amman, where you’ll say goodbye to your host and group.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans