Whitsunday Islands Explorer
From 12/05/2021 to 26/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Wed 12 2021 to May Mon 17 2021Sold OutFrom$2,380*
Jun Wed 16 2021 to Jun Mon 21 2021AvailableFrom$2,358*
Jul Wed 14 2021 to Jul Mon 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,336*
Aug Wed 11 2021 to Aug Mon 16 2021AvailableFrom$2,498*
Sep Wed 01 2021 to Sep Mon 06 2021AvailableFrom$2,336*
Sep Wed 15 2021 to Sep Mon 20 2021Sold OutFrom$2,520*
Oct Wed 13 2021 to Oct Mon 18 2021AvailableFrom$2,336*
Nov Wed 17 2021 to Nov Mon 22 2021AvailableFrom$2,336*
Dec Wed 15 2021 to Dec Mon 20 2021AvailableFrom$2,336*
Jan Wed 19 2022 to Jan Mon 24 2022AvailableFrom$2,336*
Feb Wed 23 2022 to Feb Mon 28 2022AvailableFrom$2,336*
Mar Wed 23 2022 to Mar Mon 28 2022AvailableFrom$2,336*
Apr Wed 13 2022 to Apr Mon 18 2022AvailableFrom$2,336*
Spend two nights aboard a comfortable cruising yacht, visiting various Whitsunday Islands and snorkelling off the boat.
Witness a welcome to country and a short talk about the history and culture talk of the Whitsundays from a local member of the Ngaro family.
Enjoy a hike on South Molle Island, where you’ll have stunning views on the reef, rainforest and local tropical birdlife.
Join an eco-walk with a local guide, learning about tropical flora and fauna, then climbing to the top of a waterfall where you can take a refreshing dip in the natural rock pools.
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (3),Boat (2).
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Ngaro First Nation Welcome to Country.
South Mole National Park Hike.
Day 1 - Day 1: Airlie Beach Welcome to the Airlie Beach, the stunning gateway to the Whitsunday Islands. Take your time today making your way to check in to your hotel, before meeting your local leader and group for a short welcome meeting at 4pm in the hotel foyer. From here, you’ll head out along the coast for a stroll into Airlie Beach, where you’ll be greeted by a local member of the Ngaro family. They will welcome you to country and provide you with an overview of the culture and history of the magnificent Whitsundays that you’re about to explore. Your local leader will then take you on a short orientation walk of the town, before you have the evening to yourselves. Get to know your fellow travellers with a welcome dinner of quality local food, then maybe head to one of Airlie Beach’s quirky bars to chat over a drink.
Day 2 - Day 2: Whitsunday Islands Today we board a cruising yacht, which will be your home for the next two nights, and set sail into the tropical waters surrounding the Whitsundays. Your afternoon will be spent at sea, where you can enjoy your time on board unwinding with a good book or chatting with your travel buddies. Or maybe try your hand at sailing, by helping the crew hoist the sails and steer the boat. We’ll plan our two days according to the weather and your group’s preference, with stops for snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef, with all gear provided, and exploring the islands. Visit the stunning Whitehaven Beach, considered one of the best beaches in Australia. A short bushwalk inland will take you to the equally famous Hill Inlet Lookout for a gorgeous view of the beach below and the swirling sands of Hill Inlet. The swirling sands are created by the ever-changing tides, which leave behind a kaleidoscope of blue and white. Tonight, you’ll be treated to dinner on board as you get to know your fellow travellers. Then, perhaps retire to the deck and relax under the stars.
Day 3 - Day 3: Whitsunday Islands Today will again be spent at sea, exploring more of the area. Maybe do some more snorkelling and search out the marine mammals and tropical fish living amid the colourful coral. On our small yacht, you’ll be able to steer into more remote locations and snorkel in spots that are far away from the crowds. All meals today will be provided on the boat, so you can just kick back and relax on the deck.
Day 4 - Day 4: Airlie Beach Today brings an end to your time on the boat, as you slowly make your way back to the mainland. On the way, you’ll stop at South Molle Island National Park, with an opportunity to stretch your legs on a hike. Enjoy views of the reef, rainforest and coastline as well as keeping an eye out for some of the beautiful birdlife on the island including rainbow lorikeets, currawongs and endangered bush stone curlews. After the hike, you’ll have worked up an appetite for lunch before you’ll continue to Airlie Beach where you’ll disembark at the marina. Head to your resort accommodation to check in and then enjoy a free afternoon and evening. Be sure to check with your leader if you’d like a recommendation of the best spots to try some local seafood and maybe even a few tropical cocktails!
Day 5 - Day 5: Airlie Beach After breakfast, you’ll head out on a day tour exploring majestic waterfalls and tropical flora and fauna. See white cedar trees, alexander palms, wild orchids, colourful butterflies and many species of birds. Your local guide will take you on an eco-walk to the top of the falls where you can climb over the rocks and take a refreshing dip in the natural pools, and then explore a secluded, white sandy beach. All the while, Australia’s native wildlife will be your only companions as you soak up the stunning views. For lunch, enjoy a delicious BBQ meal.
Day 6 - Day 6: Airlie Beach Your tour ends after breakfast. Checkout isn’t until 11am, so you’re free to leave the hotel at your own leisure. If you have the time, feel free to stay longer and enjoy everything that this beautiful region has to offer – contact us to book post-trip accommodation.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans