West Kimberley Adventure
Valid for select departures 25 July - 30 December 2020
6 day small group tour departing Broome.
5 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches & 6 Dinners.
Transport by All Terrain Vehicle.
Day 1 Geikie Gorge to Fitzroy Crossing. Welcome to the Kimberley This morning you'll meet your local host and group in Broome and travel east towards Fitzroy Crossing. First up, you'll visit the nearby original Fitzroy Crossing townsite, that nowadays is largely abandoned, before joining a local National Park Ranger on a guided cruise through the majestic Geikie Gorge. The Gorge is naturally carved between the Geikie and Oscar Ranges and your guide is an expert in the unique geology and flora and fauna of the area. Keep an eye out for a range of native birds, fish and even freshwater crocodiles Tonight you'll set up camp near the Fitzroy River, where you'll get to know your fellow travellers a little bit better over a good Aussie barbecue for dinner before you relax under the stars.
Day 2 Tunnel Creek to Windjana Gorge. This morning you'll leave Fitzroy Crossing and head toward the King Leopold Ranges. Here you'll explore the famous Tunnel Creek, a cave system that was used as a hideout by the First Nations freedom fighter, Jandamarra in the 1800s. The caves are carved through the Napier Ranges, and are full of stalactites and a large variety of native wildlife, so be sure to keep an eye out for any cute critters. After lunch, you'll head to your campsite for the evening in Windjana Gorge National Park and spend the afternoon exploring the picturesque region - maybe even tasting a little bit of bushtucker in your travels. This evening, settle down for a delicious campfire dinner under the famous Kimberley night sky.
Day 3 Adcock Gorge to Galvans Gorges. This morning you'll hit the famous Gibb River Road until you arrive at Adcock Gorge, where you'll spend the morning surrounded by the contrasting rainforest and sandstone ranges. After lunch, head to Galvans Gorge to cool off with a swim among the water lilies and boab trees with time to just relax before heading to Mt Barnett Cattle Station, a privately owned cattle station nestled between Galvans Gorge and Manning Gorge. This is where you'll set up camp for the next two nights, so enjoy exploring the spectacular landscape around the site - and watch out for cows walking past your tent
Day 4 Manning Gorge. Today you will explore the remote and spectacular Manning Gorge, which is surrounded by rugged natural cliffs. Cross the meandering Manning River (either swimming or by pulley boat, depending on your preference) and take a bushwalk up to the impressive Manning Falls. These clear, deep pools are perfect for swimming and provide great views of the surrounding pink and grey granite rocks. Spend the afternoon at your leisure, either relaxing on the banks or swimming in the Manning River before getting the campfire roaring ahead of dinner time.
Day 5 Silent Grove to Bell Gorge. Today you'll leave the campsite at Mt Barnett Cattle Station and travel to Silent Grove, where you'll set up camp and enjoy lunch before heading out to explore the Bell Gorge in the ancient King Leopold Range. The gorge is home to cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear rock pools that have been formed over millions of years. Spend some time swimming in the sheltered pools before returning to camp for a final night around the campfire with your new friends.
Day 6 Broome. Today you'll head back to the Gibb River Road en route to Broome, stopping at the renowned Boab Prison Tree on the way. It is alleged this 1500-year-old hollow tree was once used as a holding cell for First Nations prisoners on their way to sentencing in Derby. Continue to Broome, hopefully arriving in time to watch the sunset on Cable Beach before you say your goodbyes and your tour comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.