Blue Mountains & the Southern Highlands Adventure
New South Wales
25 July - 30 December 2020
4 day small group tour departing Sydney.
3 nights accommodation in Hotels.
4 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch & 1 Dinner.
Transport by Private Vehicle.
Three Sisters Walk.
Centennial Winery Tasting.
Artemis Wines Cellar Door Visit.
Fitzroy Falls Local Ranger Talk.
Bodaree National Park Botanic Gardens.
Jervis Bay Cruise.
Day 1 Blue Mountains National Park. Your journey begins today with a welcome meeting and 8 am departure from Sydney CBD, heading inland to the Blue Mountains National Park. Make your way through Western Sydney's suburbs, then help support the local community with a stop for morning tea in one of the towns along the highway. Walk off that morning pastry with a hike to the double drop Wentworth Falls, one of the Mountains' most spectacular cascades. Refuel with lunch in the heritage town of Leura - chat with local store owners and maybe choose one of the cafes along The Mall that has views across the valley to Katoomba. Check into your hotel this afternoon, then set off for an easy walk to see one of the Blue Mountains' most famous geological formation - the Three Sisters. Learn the Gundungurra story behind the rocks, then round off your first day back in town with an included welcome dinner and drinks.
Day 2 Southern Highlands. After breakfast turn your attention south and stretch the legs with a morning nature walk along the way. The Southern Highlands is known for its wine, so today there'll be a tasting tour of local produce. Begin with a sampling of local drops at the cellar door of a nearby vineyard, then try some other beverages, including locally made mead, at a winery where you'll also enjoy a gourmet lunch overlooking the vines. Continue south towards tonight's accommodation, stopping in some of the small towns en route and maybe supporting local businesses with some shopping. Freshen up in the hotel, then this evening's free for dinner in Bundanoon, where it feels like not much has changed since the early 20th century.
Day 3 Jervis Bay. It's a short drive this morning to the edge of Morton National Park and Fitzroy Falls, an 81-metre cascade that drops into the upper reaches of Kangaroo Valley. Take a walk with a local ranger to view the falls, learn about the area, and maybe spot a platypus in the wild if the season is right. Head towards the coast, making your way through towns that were largely affected by the bushfires at the beginning of 2020. Use some free time to see how the locals are bouncing back, and maybe help support the community by buying local goods. Head out to the gorgeous Kangaroo Valley, crossed by creeks and carpeted with rainforest and neat farms, and lookout for a wombat or two as you look across the surrounding mountains. Later tonight is a real treat for the tastebuds with a First Nations food experience, where you'll try incredible dishes made with local native ingredients under the stars. You will also learn how, when the land is managed in the way it was for thousands of years, fire and traditional knowledge plays an important part in the management of the land.
Day 4 Sydney. Begin the day with a nature focused cruise out into Jervis Bay, where the chances are high that a pod of dolphins might jump from the water and race alongside the boat. This is one of the best dolphin and whale watching areas along the whole NSW coast, and from May to November you might just spot a number of these big beautiful creatures breach the blue waters. Take your time returning to Sydney in road trip style - enjoy a slow pace to drop into the regional towns that have been affected by the bushfires, and take in the beautiful coastal cliff lookouts that dot the route back to the city. You'll arrive at tonight's drop off point - conveniently located near to the Royal Botanic Gardens - in the early evening, with the rest of your night free to check out the restaurants in areas like Darlinghurst or along the harbour front as your trip comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.