Whitsundays Islands Explorer
25 July - 30 December 2020
6 day small group tour departing Airlie Beach.
3 nights accommodation in Hotels.
2 nights accommodation onboard a Boat.
5 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches & 3 Dinners.
Transport by Private Vehicle, Boat.
Ngaro First Nation Welcome to Country.
South Mole National Park Hike.
Falls to Paradise Waterfall and Beach Tour.
Day 1 Airlie Beach. Welcome to the Airlie Beach, the stunning gateway to the Whitsunday Islands. Take your time today making your way to check in to your hotel, before meeting your local leader and group for a short welcome meeting at 4pm in the hotel foyer. From here, you'll head out along the coast for a stroll into Airlie Beach, where you'll be greeted by a local member of the Ngaro family. They will welcome you to country and provide you with an overview of the culture and history of the magnificent Whitsundays that you're about to explore. Your local leader will then take you on a short orientation walk of the town, before you have the evening to yourselves. Get to know your fellow travellers with a welcome dinner of quality local food, then maybe head to one of Airlie Beach's quirky bars to chat over a drink.
Day 2 Paradise Cove. After breakfast this morning, you'll leave Airlie Beach and drive for around 30 minutes for a day of exploring the Cedar Creek Falls and the exclusive Paradise Cove Resort. Here you'll have time to admire the tropical flora and fauna, including the unique white cedar trees that gave the falls their name, as well as taking a guided walk around the falls for spectacular views of the region. You'll also have the chance to swim with wild turtles in the falls, before stopping for an included lunch. This afternoon you'll make your way to the Balinese-style Paradise Cove Resort, the luxury hideaway where you'll be staying for the night. Spend the afternoon swimming, stand up paddle boarding or kayaking in the Coral Sea or simply relaxing by the pool or in a hammock on the secluded white, sand beach. Tonight, you'll be treated to a special poolside dinner - the perfect way to wind up a memorable day.
Day 3 Whitsundays Islands. This morning is free for you to make the most of being on holiday. Whether you'd rather sleep in, spend time by the pool or just take your time over breakfast, Paradise Cove is the place to indulge. After a few hours you'll return to Airlie Beach, where you'll board a 100-year-old Tall Ship, which has a fascinating history and will be your home for the next two nights. This afternoon will be spent at sea, where you can enjoy time onboard unwinding with a good book or chatting with your travel buddies, perhaps stopping for a dip in the clear, tropical waters or maybe even some snorkelling. Tonight, you'll be treated to dinner onboard as you get to know your fellow travellers. Then, perhaps retire to the deck and enjoy a drink under the stars.
Day 4 Whitsundays Islands. Today will be spent at sea, stopping at a number of different Whitsundays Islands and beaches. You might like to spend time at swim stops swinging off the Tarzan rope into the water, or making use of the snorkelling gear provided. Weather dependent, you will make a stop at the famous Whitehaven Beach, for the ultimate Whitsundays experience. All meals today will be provided on the boat, so you can just kick back and relax on the deck.
Day 5 Airlie Beach. Today brings an end to your time on the boat, as you slowly make your way back to the mainland. On the way, you'll stop at South Molle Island National Park, with an opportunity to stretch your legs on a hike. Enjoy views of the reef, rainforest and coastline as well as keeping an eye out for some of the beautiful birdlife on the island including rainbow lorikeets, currawongs and endangered bush stone curlews. After the hike, you'll have worked up an appetite for lunch before you'll continue to Airlie Beach where you'll disembark at the marina. Head to your resort accommodation to check in and then enjoy a free afternoon and evening. Be sure to check with your leader if you'd like a recommendation of the best spots to try some local seafood and maybe even a few tropical cocktails
Day 6 Airlie Beach. This morning after breakfast you'll drive back to Airlie Beach where your tour will come to an end. If you have the time, feel free to stay longer and enjoy everything that this beautiful region has to offer - contact us to book post-trip accommodation.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.