Australia Retreat: Bay of Fires, Tasmania
25 July - 30 December 2020
4 day small group tour departing Launceston.
3 nights accommodation Glamping.
3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners.
Transport by Minivan.
Locally sourced welcome dinner.
Safari walk and beach yoga.
Hike to The Gardens.
Boutique vineyard visit & tasting.
Day 1 Bay of Fires. Welcome to your Intrepid Retreat in the beautiful surrounds of Tasmania. Your adventure starts today with a departure from Launceston. Make your way east past Mt Maurice and Mt Victoria as you head towards the coast. Stop off to get yourself some lunch in the charming little town of Derby, which was once home to the richest tin mine in the world. Continue to the Bay of Fires and your glamping accommodation, perfectly placed to explore this area of stunning natural beauty. Check in at approximately 4 pm, when there'll be a welcome meeting and you can nibble on some locally sourced cheese and drinks as you get to know your host and the upcoming itinerary. You'll be right in the thick of it in your luxurious bell tents, which have all the amenities and appliances you'll need - even in-tent heating should you get that Tassie temperature drop. Spend this evening around the campfire, toasting drinks and marshmallows as you get to know your travel mates after dinner. All your meals here at the retreat use locally sourced produce, prepared by a former head chef of renowned local restaurants.
Day 2 Bay of Fires. Welcome the day with a morning walk and yoga flow by the beach, followed by breakfast at the retreat. Afterwards, take the opportunity to hike to The Gardens in the Bay of Fires Conservation Area. The Gardens lie about halfway between Ansons and Binalong bays and there are boardwalks and lookout platforms across bright white sands, fiery lichen boulders and water clear right to the seabed. Linger over a picnic lunch as you soak up the peace of the place. Learn the history behind the colonial name (Indigenous name larapuna), and see for yourself how the Bay of Fires is one of the few places that actually lives up to itineraries that call it one of Australia's greatest natural beauties. Return to the retreat and stretch out with a relaxing afternoon yoga session, or simply stretch out in the tent for your own free time. Make the most of the campfire setting as you enjoy another delicious dinner, and take the time to reconnect with your surroundings in this idyllic area.
Day 3 Bay of Fires. Start the day with a sun salutation and a walk as part of your pre-breakfast routine. Yesterday was a taste of the natural beauty of the Bay of Fires, and today is a taste of the natural bounty on offer. The mild coastal climate, clear ocean and fertile soils have created an environment for world-famous produce, and you'll be sampling some today. Make your way to a nearby winery for a tasting of their vintages, looking over the vines that cover land that the owner's family have lived on since the late 1800s. Taste the award-winning Pinot Noirs and Sauvignon Blancs, made with handpicked grapes and fermented in French tradition. Couple it with a picnic lunch of produce sourced directly from the local region. In the afternoon return to the retreat to relax. Then, is there any better way to finish a day - and this Intrepid Retreat - that with a satisfied stomach and a yarn shared over a brew around the fire.
Day 4 Bay of Fires. Finish your trip by starting the day with your now traditional morning walk and yoga. Enjoy a final breakfast together at the retreat, then say farewell as you depart back to Launceston.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.