Flavours of Adelaide and the Barossa Valley
Valid for select departures 25 September, 16 October, 13 November & 11 December 2020, 8 January, 29 January, 19 February & 26 March 2021
5 day journey departing Adelaide.
4 nights accommodation in hand picked, centrally located and unique hotels.
Many meals including deliciously authentic dining, wine tastings and pairing with meals, and breakfast daily.
Visit Maggie Beer's Farm and take part in a private cooking demonstration in the very studio where 'The Cook and the Chef' was filmed.
Support bushfire recovery by visiting local producers renowned for their unique flavours and koalas impacted by the Kangaroo Island bushfires.
Highly-skilled Travel Director.
Insight's luxury air-conditioned coach and onboard washroom.
Hotel and restaurant tips.
Taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Day 1 Welcome to Adelaide. Your Insight Vacations host meets you at Adelaide Airport and transfers you to your hotel. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 15:45 for a Welcome Reception at the rooftop bar to start your epic food and wine adventure. Adelaide, known for its progressive atmosphere, grew to be one of the most liveable places in the world and is hailed for its excellent gastronomical offerings. Effortlessly explore the city in a zero-emission eco-caddy with your Local Expert. Continue with a foodie journey at the Central Market and enjoy a guided four-course progressive dinner. Established in 1869, the market became the prime location for a wide range of multicultural cuisine and fresh produce and many of these stallholders' families have been trading at the market for generations. Roam among the stalls and enjoy a selection of dishes and wine that showcase the spectacular local produce. Hotel: Mayfair Hotel
Day 2 The Wines of the Barossa Valley - Relaxed Start. Enjoy a Relaxed Start to further explore Adelaide before leaving the city and travelling inland to the nearby Barossa Valley, Australia's oldest wine region. Early German settlers found the warm climate ideal for fruit growing, especially grapes. Bringing some overseas knowledge and after a great deal of trial and error, they succeeded in establishing a thriving viticulture. The first wineries were founded at this time and many are still in operation today, such as the local institution of Seppeltsfield Estate. Take a private village tour with a Local Expert and experience an award-winning mix of wine, food, craft and design. Tonight, indulge in a mouth-watering dining experience at Seppeltsfield Estate, which proudly showcases its use of locally sourced produce, with thoughtfully paired wines. Hotel: Novotel Barossa
Day 3 From The Valley to the Hills. Start your day with an exclusive visit to national treasure, Maggie Beer's Farm and take part in a private cooking demonstration in the very studio where 'The Cook and the Chef' was filmed. There is time to taste and buy their products in the farm shop or just relax on their terrace overlooking the adjoining lake. Your next stop is at the stunning St Hugo Restaurant, where you will continue your epicurean experience with a Barossa-style, long-table dining experience. Make Travel Matter as you have the opportunity to support bushfire recovery by visiting local producers renowned for their unique flavours. Meet the locals, hear their stories and sample the finest produce the region has to offer. In collaboration with the #EmptyEsky movement, fill your esky at the decadent Melba Chocolate Factory, neighbouring Woodside Cheese Wrights and Chesterfield Whisky Firm. Next, head to Barristers Block Winery, where you can sample delicious local wines or pick up a takeaway tasty charcuterie board that includes cured meats or salmon pate for a picnic this evening. This family run winery lost 100% of its vineyards in the recent bushfires. Fortunately, their cellar was saved, and guests are invited to support their recovery by filling their eskies with goodies. Your last Bushfire Recovery stop in the region is the Lobethal Bierhaus, where you can take advantage of tastings, or take home your favourites drops. Spend tonight in charming little Hahndorf, Australia's oldest surviving German settlement and enjoy the evening at leisure. Hotel: Manna by Haus
Day 4 Cheese and more wine - Relaxed Start. After a Relaxed Start, visit the country's leading artisan cheesemakers at Udder Delights for a delicious tasting. What started off as an escape route for founders Estelle and Trevor Dunford to use up the leftover goat's milk, turned into a lifestyle for their daughter Sheree and husband Saul by always seeking new ways of pushing their ideas forward, including the creation of Australia's first raw milk blue cheese. Have your camera ready as you continue to the stunning McLaren Vale wine region and d'Arenberg Estate for a tasting in their iconic Cube building, representing the complexity of viniculture. Perhaps visit the Salvador Dali exhibition housed inside before proceeding to the d'Arry Verandah Restaurant for your three-course lunch with views equally as impressive as the food. With the aim to pass on a sustainable business to the next generation, sheep agistment, solar power, and natural disease control are a few ways d'Arenberg uphold their commitment to the environment. In the afternoon, sample wines at the Gemtree vineyard where locals Melissa and Mike have successfully implemented sustainability and biodynamics in their day-to-day practices, reaching a full organic status in 2011. Later, return to Adelaide and spend the evening relaxing. Hotel: Mayfair Hotel
Day 5 Farewell Adelaide. On your last day, explore Adelaide with Insight Choice. Join a Local Expert for a walking tour in the City of Churches and get to know the cultural heart of the North Terrace. Alternatively, visit the Cleland Wildlife Park and see native animals in their natural habitat including koalas recovering after the Kangaroo Island bushfires. Join your fellow travellers for your Celebration Lunch and toast the end of your foodie trip. Take your complimentary transfer to Adelaide Airport for your onward journey.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.