Perth and the Margaret River Explorer
Valid for select departures 12 October, 9 November & 7 December 2020, 18 January, 1 February & 8 March 2021.
6 day journey departing Perth.
5 nights accommodation in hand picked, centrally located, unique and historic hotels.
Many meals including deliciously authentic dining, wine tastings and pairing with meals and breakfast daily.
Experiences as per itinerary.
Highly-skilled Travel Director.
Insight's luxury air-conditioned coach and onboard washroom.
Hotel and restaurant tips.
Taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Day 1 Welcome to Perth Your Private Driver meets you at Perth airport and transfers you to your hotel. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 11:00 and travel to Swan Valley, Western Australia's oldest wine region. The combination of soil quality, warm Mediterranean climate and the cooling breeze of the Fremantle Doctor result in excellent conditions for viticulture. Visit 180 year old Sandalford and meet the talented and passionate winemakers for an in-depth tour of the working winery followed by an exclusive hands on wine blending experience. Enjoy a delicious lunch with a sample a selection of the award-winning wines. Return to Perth and enjoy some time at leisure before coming together for a Welcome Reception with Western Australian wines and beers and canapes made from local ingredients. Hotel: InterContinental Perth
Day 2 Stepping Back In Ancient History Leave cosmopolitan Perth behind as you head south and journey to Busselton. Explore vibrant waterside cafes and restaurants, then visit the town's iconic Jetty: measuring at over a mile, it is the longest in the Southern Hemisphere and a local icon. Take time to go for a stroll and enjoy the ocean vistas or take the train all the way to the end and visit the underwater aquarium. Wadandi people had been living in this area thousands of years before the first European settlers arrived. This afternoon return to nature and Make Travel Matter as you connect with the indigenous spirits at Cape Naturaliste. Experience a traditional Welcome to Country before heading on a scenic walk, listening to the humming sound of the didgeridoo. Hear from a local Indigenous guide as they tell you their own personal stories and explain how they interpret the land. Return to your beautiful resort and enjoy a dinner of locally sourced, seasonal produce. Hotel: Pullman Bunker Bay
Day 3 Margaret River Wining And Dining Today is dedicated to the gastronomical delights of the Margaret River wine region. First up is the prestigious Leeuwin Estate, one of the five founding wineries of the now famous district. On your winery tour learn about its history and the unique features found only in this region. Hear about their world-renowned, award-winning wines and on-site art gallery. Finish your time here with a wine tasting perfectly matched with a selection of seasonal canapes. For lunch, visit neighbouring Voyager Estate and indulge in a four-course long lunch dining experience. In the afternoon, relax back at your resort and enjoy its facilities before dinner. Hotel: Pullman Bunker Bay
Day 4 Wildlife And Fun Fremantle - Relaxed Start After a Relaxed Start this morning, travel north to meet some of the fantastic wildlife found along the shores of Penguin Island. Named after the colony of about 1,200 little penguins that live there, you might also spot sea birds, sea lions and wild dolphins swimming along your boat as you take a cruise in the Shoalwater Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. Arrive in Fremantle, housing Western Australia's biggest port and a city with rich history. Founded as the Swan River Colony in 1829, the city saw exponential growth during the late 19th century gold rushes. Town highlights include the Fremantle Prison, a UNESCO World Heritage convict site, the listed Victorian and early Edwardian architecture of the West End and the landmark Esplanade Hotel, a historic lodging dating back to 1850 and your home for the next two nights. Take in the laid-back atmosphere as you enjoy an evening strolling among local eateries and bars, and perhaps take a close look at local legend Bon Scott's statue. (B) Hotel: Esplanade Hotel
Day 5 Insight Choice Fremantle Take the day as you wish with Insight Choice. Take a short ferry ride to Rottnest Island, get on two wheels and discover this slice of outdoor paradise. There are dedicated bike paths for you to follow: cycle to the historic Wadjemup Lighthouse, or the smaller Bathurst Lighthouse for spectacular views of 'The Basin' and surrounding reef, or venture to the West End to spot some of the resident fur seals. Keep an eye out for the quokkas, the only mammal native to the island, referred to as the happiest animal on earth. Perhaps snap a selfie with these friendly marsupials, who often pose for the shot. Alternatively, stay on mainland and join your Local Expert for a fun food focused walking tour around Fremantle, visiting the best cafes, pubs, markets and restaurants. Hear entertaining stories whilst sampling some of the best artisan foods, ethnic flavours and refreshing drinks. Tonight, come together with your fellow travellers and indulge in a Celebration Dinner in one of the local restaurants, toasting your adventures taken and memories made. Hotel: Esplanade Hotel
Day 6 Farewell Western Australia This morning your trip concludes after breakfast. Take your complimentary transfer to Perth Airport for your onward journey.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.