Tasmania's Food, Whiskey and Wine
Valid for select departures 5 October, 2 November & 30 November 2020, 4 January, 1 February & 1 March 2021
6 day journey departing Hobart.
5 nights accommodation in hand picked centrally located and unique hotels.
Many meals including deliciously authentic dining, wine tastings and pairing with meals and breakfast daily.
Head out to Bruny Island for a seven course tasting tour.
Highly-skilled Travel Director.
Insight's luxury air-conditioned coach and onboard washroom.
Hotel and restaurant tips.
Taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Day 1 Welcome to Hobart Your Insight Vacations Travel Director meets you at Hobart airport and transfers you to your hotel. In the morning, stroll along the waterfront or visit nearby Salamanca Place with its shops, cafes and art galleries. Later, travel to New Norfolk following the River Derwent to the Agrarian Kitchen Eatery for your tasty three-course lunch. The restaurant is housed in the town's historic, former mental asylum offering vast spaces, large windows and high ceilings and it has become a celebration of local, seasonal produce. Farmers and fishermen provide the high-quality ingredients, the kitchen works its magic, and these, combined with friendly local service create a beautiful and unique dining experience. Explore the Hobart area with Insight Choice. Visit the Derwent Estate and sample their signature wines at the historic Limestone cottage cellar door. Alternatively, visit the iconic Museum of New and Old Art, a privately funded collection by David Walsh. Take your time wandering among the unusual exhibits, hear an overview of the various artworks and catch a ferry back to Hobart at your leisure. Tonight, you are free to further explore Hobart. Hotel: Grand Chancellor
Day 2 Around Hobart - Relaxed Start Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 11:00 and start your seven-course gourmet day tour of Bruny Island. Admire the spectacular scenery, spot wildlife and discover deserted beaches. Indulge in artisan cheeses, fresh oysters, handmade morning tea, homemade fudge, locally harvested honey and Tasmanian whiskey or gin. Enjoy a wine tasting and lunch at Australia's southernmost vineyard. Return to Hobart after your adventurous day and enjoy a delicious three-course dinner in one of the city's favourite restaurants. Hotel: Grand Chancellor
Day 3 Wineries and Freycinet National Park Today after breakfast, enjoy a city sights tour of the nation's most southerly capital. See the historic Cascade Brewery, take in the city panorama on Mt Nelson and enjoy a stroll around the quaint streets of Battery Point before leaving the city and heading to the east coast's oldest winery, Craigie Knowe Winery for a delicious lunch and wine tasting. Later visit Devils Corner Vineyard before arriving at your hotel, Freycinet Lodge in the heart of Freycinet National Park. This afternoon you may like to take the 90 minute round trip hike up to the lookout to view the stunning Wineglass Bay. Alternatively, simply take a stroll along the beach in front of the hotel, or just relax on the balcony before your BBQ dinner this evening which you will enjoy whilst watching the sun set over magnificent Coles Bay. Hotel: Freycinet Lodge
Day 4 Inland Adventures Your first stop this morning is Cape Tourville Lighthouse and lookout, offering remarkable coastal views. Visit quaint Bicheno, a popular holiday destination among locals. Choose between a wine or gin tasting at the Farm Shed East Coast Wine Centre showcasing wines from all 25 East Coast vineyards, as well as Tasmanian whiskey and gin. Interestingly, they also operate as a post office and a retail gallery. Head inland past forest reserves and farmlands to riverside Launceston, one of Australia's oldest cities with many Victorian and Georgian buildings. Stay at the unique Peppers Silo Hotel, a heritage former grain silo converted into sophisticated accommodation. Tonight, dine at the Homestead at Quamby Estate in the heart of the stunning Meander Valley, also the ancestral home of Tasmania's first-born Premier, Sir Richard Dry. Meet your local hosts Emma and Chef Sarah and indulge in a three-course homecooked dinner. Hotel: Peppers Silo
Day 5 Return to Hobart This morning, Make Travel Matter as you visit the Lilydale Falls and join a Local Expert for a walk through native bushland and hear about plant regeneration, growing native trees and riverbank restoration. Journey through the Midlands and visit tranquil Ross, an idyllic village rich in colonial history. Walk amongst its buildings from Australia's earliest years and cross its 19th century sandstone carved bridge. Continue to historic Shene Estate Distillery, home to Tasmania's only triple distilled whiskey and embark on a tasting journey of whiskey and gin. Spending time at this property is truly a treat, as you'll soak in the rich history and beauty while sipping on some of the highest quality whiskey produced. Return to Hobart and come together for a Celebration Dinner. Hotel: Grand Chancellor
Day 6 Farewell Hobart This morning, your trip concludes after breakfast. Take your complimentary transfer to Hobart Airport for your onward journey.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.