Land of the Incas
From 06/12/2021 to 18/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
A Trafalgar bonus - All Intra-Air Flights: Lima to Cusco, Cusco to Juliaca and Juliaca to Lima, including porter service at all airports.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Lima (2 Nights) The Capital of the New World extends a warm welcome on your epic voyage through the iconic and unexpected highlights of Peru. Meet your local host on arrival and transfer to your hotel in the fashionable barrio of San Isidro. This evening, you'll join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at 6 p.m.
Day 2 - Lima Sightseeing Ease in to Lima life with a leisurely morning to enjoy the city. Next, you'll connect with the colonial heritage of Francisco Pizzaro's "City of Kings", joining your Local Specialist for a city tour that reveals Lima's colonial splendour. Admire the UNESCO-listed Historic Centre and see the Church of San Francisco, delving into its hidden catacombs, religious art museum and extensive library. Later, you'll embark on a scenic walk through Miraflores with your Travel Director and soak up the local sights and sounds.
Day 3 - Lima - Cusco - Sacred Valley (2 Nights) We'll fly to Cusco this morning, the gateway to Peru's treasured Sacred Valley, where you will enjoy a local Peruvian lunch with sweeping views of the Sacred Valley. Then we'll 'Dive into Culture', meeting a Shaman who will perform a special ceremony to welcome us to Peru. Tonight, you'll stay in a hotel along the banks of the Vilcanota River, on the grounds of an old 17th-century colonial hacienda. It is great for morning birders and afternoon walks in the gardens.
Day 4 - Sacred Valley 'Connect with Locals' over a 'Be My Guest' lunch, learn about the culture surrounding the production of Giant White Corn. Our hosts will demonstrate the differences between traditional farming techniques and the newer technologies used today. Revel in the romance of the local Marinera dance and local musicans. This evening, meet 'Local Specialist', Peter Frost, a writer, photographer and independent scholar who has explored the Andes and Amazon for 47 years, locating and investigating the previously unknown Inca and pre-Inca site of Qoriwayrachina. He currently resides in Peru and works as an accompanying expert for National Geographic Expeditions.
Day 5 - Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu Visit the mystical Incan stronghold of Ollantaytambo, en route to Machu Picchu, a village in the Sacred Valley, set on the Urubamba River amid majestic mountains. It's known for the Ollantaytambo ruins, a massive Inca fortress with large stone terraces on a hillside. Then, ascend to the Lost City in the Clouds aboard the Vistadome train (light snack included). Here you will delve into the mysteries of this once-great civilisation, joining your 'Local Specialist' for an exploration of the temples, palaces and terraces whose construction defy imagination. Visit the iconic great Temple of the Sun, the House of the Priest, the Sacred Plaza and the intricately carved Intihuatana, most likely used as a sundial centuries ago. We return to our hotel where we'll dine tonight.
Day 6 - Machu Picchu - Cusco (2 Nights) The ruins of Machu Picchu beckon yet again and we enjoy one final opportunity to reconnect with its story, spending some time on our own to explore the hill-top fortress. Next, we'll journey back to the Sacred Valley by train, stopping en route to Cusco to 'Dive into Culture' and learn about the natural dyeing techniques used by native weavers. Visit the Pisac handicraft market followed by sampling the sweet flavours of chicha as we 'Dive into Culture' yet again, savouring the favourite drink of the Andes.
Day 7 - Cusco Sightseeing Begin your day at the ruins of the UNESCO-listed Sacsayhuaman fortress overlooking Cusco. Your Local Specialist will guide you through Cusco's colonial centre. Later, you'll join another Local Specialist who will reveal insights into the nearby 13th century Incan settlement of Qoriwayrachina. The afternoon is free.
Day 8 - Cusco Sightseeing - Juliaca - Puno (2 Nights) Fly to Juliaca and meet a Local Specialist to learn about daily life on the Peruvian altiplano. After an included lunch, we'll visit Sillustani, a pre-Incan burial ground on the shores of Lake Umayo. Explore the towering chullpas (above ground tombs) before travelling to Puno along the shores of Lake Titicaca, the birthplace of the sun.
Day 9 - Lake Titicaca Excursion Cruise the deep blue waters of Lake Titicaca with a 'Local Specialist', passing floating islands constructed by the Uros Indians. Next, in the midst of South America's largest lake lies Taquile Island, where we'll embark on a private tour to gain insights into the tradition of knitting and weaving for which the local villagers-men and women-are renowned. Enjoy a lunch here and learn more about the islanders' unique way of life upon islets make of totora reeds, which grow in the lake, and are attached to sticks driven into the bottom of the lake. Tonight, we indulge in a Trafalgar highlight-a Regional Dinner at our favourite local restaurant in Puno.
Day 10 - Puno - Juliaca - Lima - Paracas (2 Nights) Return to Lima this morning, then continue your journey to the coastal playground of Paracas. Discover what life is like in Peru's rural countryside before arriving to Paracas for dinner at your seaside hotel and an evening at leisure. Perhaps there's even time for a stroll along the Malecon?
Day 11 - Paracas - Nazca Lines Flight Take to the skies, soaring above the coastal desert to see the enigmatic Nazca Lines, gigantic geometric designs viewable only from the air. Next, stop this afternoon at the Regional Museum of Ica where we'll explore the centuries-old cultures of the Paracas and Nazca. 'Dive into Culture' during a visit to Bodega El Catador to learn about and taste the finest pisco in the country. The rest of the day is free.
Day 12 - Paracas - Ballestas Islands - Lima This morning, connect with nature, cruising around the uninhabited Ballestas Islands, a "mini-Galapagos" teeming with wildlife. See the mysterious Candelabra in Pisco Bay, then return to Lima where this evening, we'll visit the Larco Museum with a Local Specialist. Our journey almost at its end, we'll indulge in a festive Farewell Dinner in the museum's garden restaurant.
Day 13 - Depart Lima Say hasta luego to Peru and its ancient treasures, and take transfer to the airport for your flight home or consider extending your holiday in Lima at the Novotel Lima. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Lima, Cusco CRUISE around Lake Titicaca, the Ballestas Islands SCENIC DRIVE through the Sacred Valley SEE the other-wordly Nazca Lines from the air ICONIC TRAIN journey aboard the Vistadome train VISIT the outdoor market at Pisac, Ollantaytambo, two visits to Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman, the Uros Islands, Lake Titicaca, Taquile Island, Sillustani CONNECT WITH LOCALS Visit Hacienda "Sarapampa", a Quechua word meaning corn field, and savour Peruvian farm-to-table cuisine. Your lively hosts will acquaint you with the production process for what's known as Giant White Corn and you'll have a chance to watch a Marinera performance that showcases traditional dance. (Day 4) DIVE INTO CULTURE Meet a Shaman who will perform a Pago a la Tierra ceremony, an ancient ritual of the Andean culture. Visit a local chicheria for a traditional chicha tasting. Learn about the natural dyeing techniques used by native weavers and visit Bodega El Catador to learn about and taste the finest pisco in the country. (Days 3, 6, 11) LOCAL SPECIALIST For included sightseeing in Lima, Machu Picchu, Cusco, at Qoriwayrachina, the Peruvian altiplano, Lake Titicaca and at the Larco Museum. (Days 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12) STAYS WITH STORIES Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness is built along the Vilcanota riverbank, on the lands of an old 17th-century colonial hacienda. (Day 6)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans