Antarctica Peninsula Cruise – Land of Penguins and Icebergs
From 10/11/2021 to 01/03/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Wed 10 2021 to Nov Sun 21 2021availableFrom$19,395*
Feb Fri 18 2022 to Mar Tue 01 2022availableFrom$19,395*
10 breakfasts8 lunches8 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Your gateway to Antarctica. Upon arrival you will be met and escorted to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore on your terms.
Day 2 - Indulge in a leisurely morning before your group transfer will take you to your luxury expedition ship, the m/v Sea Spirit. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring your home-away-from-home which will ferry you across the Drake Passage and into the surreal landscapes of Antarctica. This evening, you'll set sail through the Beagle Channel, so named for the ship that charted the rugged southern coastline of South America in the early 19th century and on which Charles Darwin once sailed.
Day 3 - We leave the Cape Horn and islands of Tierra del Fuego behind us, bound for the swirling convergence of the Atlantic, Pacific and Southern oceans, quite often referred to as the 'Drake Shake'. With no land in sight, we keep a keen eye out for some of the pelagic seabirds that venture far out into the ocean and enjoy briefings, orientations and lectures from experts providing insights into life on this untouched continent.
Day 6 - Immerse yourself in the incomparably beautiful landscapes of the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula. Your expedition cruise will journey through slushy straits dotted by luminous icebergs that glow cobalt and white like beacons in the deep blue ocean. Stretch your sea legs, embarking on Zodiac excursions to experience this wilderness first hand. Watch the sun glisten on the golden furs of seals lazing on ice floes, slide down snowy slopes and kayak through icy waters in search of whales, penguins and other species of bird that find sanctuary surrounded by gigantic cliffs of ice. Cruise past protected bays, glacial peaks and through narrow channels, weaving in and out this untouched island chain - a journey filled with "pinch me moments" no photo could ever capture.
Day 10 - We leave the dramatic polar landscape behind, returning via Drake Passage to Ushuaia. Spend your days on board discovering further insights about the Antarctic during several informative presentations and workshops by experts and reminisce about the unforgettable experiences you've shared with new friends over a Farewell Dinner.
Day 12 - The spectacular sight of the snow-capped Martial Range signals our return to Ushuaia. After breakfast, we disembark and take a transfer to the airport or consider extending your stay in the city at the end of the world.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 April 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 12 April 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans