Great Barrier Reef Highlights(Multi Share,Start Airlie Beach, End Townsville)
From 30/01/2021 to 08/04/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sat 30 2021 to Feb Thu 04 2021On RequestFrom$982*
Feb Sat 06 2021 to Feb Thu 11 2021On RequestFrom$982*
Feb Sat 20 2021 to Feb Thu 25 2021Sold OutFrom$982*
Mar Sat 06 2021 to Mar Thu 11 2021availableFrom$982*
Mar Sat 20 2021 to Mar Thu 25 2021availableFrom$982*
Apr Sat 03 2021 to Apr Thu 08 2021availableFrom$982*
Included DinnerSail across the breathtaking Whitsundays on a day trip, including a visit to idyllic Whitehaven Beach, snorkelling and lunchSnorkel some of the best coral reefs in AustraliaEnjoy an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast of Aussie favourites while meeting and learning about Koalas at Bungalow Bay Koala VillageSpot native koalas alongside WWII fortifications on a Magnetic Island Fort WalkSee Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk.
Throughout your adventure you'll be with an expert Aussie Trip Manager who knows these parts better than anyone.
They'll be your friend as well as your guide, imparting their killer local trivia and tips as you explore Queensland.
Day 1 - Hello Airlie Beach! This tropical paradise is the perfect place to kick off our adventure. Our trip starts at 12pm at Base Backpackers where we'll meet our fellow Aussie adventurers. Then we'll bond over a delicious welcome dinner before a free night to explore this laid-back tropical town.
Day 2 - Is there anywhere in the world more beautiful than the Whitsundays? We think not. With 74 perfect islands at your fingertips, an open sea calling your name, today you'll get to explore one of the worlds most lusted-after holiday destinations with a day trip to the spotless Whitehaven Beach, including snorkelling. This is as close to heaven as you can find on planet earth.
Day 3 - We've got a free day in Airlie Beach today! This vibrant hub of the Whitsundays is ours to explore. We could get out onto the waters, kick back on the beach sipping something sweet or explore the cute boutiques, bistros and alfresco restaurants that adorn the seafront. It's a hard life.
Day 4 - Another day, another island adventure awaits. We'll board a train this morning heading for Townsville.After soaking up some East Coast scenery on our train journey, we'll hop on a ferry headed towards the spellbinding Magnetic Island.Magnetic Island is an apt name for this captivating isle, with its coastal walking trails and gum trees teeming with lazy koala bears. We'll have plenty of time to explore, try some water sports in the bright turquoise waters or meet some of the local marsupials. But this evening, we'll enjoy some champagne (our treat) and watch the sunset over the bay. Blissful or what?
Day 5 - We have a whole day on this paradise island - lucky us! We'll waste no time meeting the locals, with a chance to eat an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast with some Koalas at the Bungalow Bay Koala Village. Then we can check out some of the walking trails - such as the Forts Walk which offers up stunning views of the Palm Island Group as well as WWI fortifications, and the chance to see more koalas in the wild- or enjoy some free time at Horseshoe bay, taking a dip on the azure waters and relaxing on the beach. See Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk before a free evening, where we can watch the sunset and check out some of the local bars.
Day 6 - After breakfast this morning we'll say farewell to our koala friends and depart Magnetic Island on a ferry. But we'll never forget its singular beauty.Our trip ends this morning back in Townsville, however an optional train to Cairns with the rest of the group is available - chat to your Contiki Expert or Travel Agent to add this on. This adventure may be over, but we'll never forget the friends and memories we made.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 21 January 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.