Discover Sri Lanka
Day 1 - Negombo, Sri Lanka
Touch down at Bandaranaike Airport, scan the crowd for your airport transfer (they’ll be holding the sign with your name obvs) and take a load off – this is the start of 11 days of fuss-free, flavour-filled fun. Get amongst the seaside vibes early with optional visit to the local fish market. Watch the locals paddle their fishy oruvas (canoes) into the lagoon and tuck into some fresh AF seafood while you’re at it. If you’ve got time, give any jet lag the flick with a cycle around the Dutch-style canals and Buddhist temples. And tonight? Time to meet the gang over an included dinner. Cheers to that.
Day 2 - Negombo to Sigiriya
Down your breakfast and wave goodbye to the sea (for now) – we’re headed to Sigiriya: the ancient rock-star of Sri Lanka. FACT: this place was built by the short-lived King Kasyapa over 1600 years ago. Lace up your Nikes and prep yourself for a climb as we tackle Pidurangala Rock. A popular spot for sunrise and sunset, the top of this baby sports 360-degree views of the surrounding valleys and Sigiriya Rock – so the trek is 100% worth it. BTW you don’t have to choose between the two – we've penciled in enough time to catch the sunset and a sick sunrise tomorrow too. Thank us later.
Day 3 - Sigiriya
Rise and shine – this is one early morning wake up you’ll be glad for. We’ll try beat the heat and head up the dramatic rocky outcrop of Sigiriya for sunrise. It’s a decent climb but 110% worth it. Trust us. Tuck into breakfast at the top and take some time to explore the magnificent rock fortress and views of the surrounding plains. Later, we’ll head to Dambulla Cave Temple – a World Heritage listed monastery that’s been a pilgrimage site for over 2000 years. Later, there’s an optional Jeep safari through Minneriya National Park on the cards – aka a wildlife-lovers wet dream.
Day 4 - Sigiriya to Kandy
We’re headed to the second largest city in Sri Lanka this morning. In the arvo, we’ll head to Dalada Maligawa – that’s Temple of the Tooth to you and me. Tooth Temple got you WTF-ing? Well you read right, this temple houses a relic of Buddha’s tooth so it’s kinda important. Then: jump on board a tuk tuk for a (nail-biting) ride around the city and picturesque lake.
Day 5 - Kandy to Ella via Nuwara Eliya
Today’s letter is T. We’ll stop in at Nuwara Eliya en route to Ella to check out a working tea plantation so you can immerse yourself in the sweet aromas of Sri Lankan tea culture. Sip on a tasting experience and try a cup or two of the world-famous Ceylon. Then, it’s all aboard a scenic train ride to Ella. Forgot your camera? You’re going to regret that.
Day 6 - Ella
Get your feed of pani pol (Sri Lankan pancakes) at breakfast because we’ve got a day of hiking mapped out for you. Walk along Little Adam’s Peak through tea plantations and rocky mountain paths, you’ll be rewarded for all your hard work with some pretty spesh views. Grab a quick snap of the famous Nine Arch Bridge before heading back to the hotel. Then: lunchtime! We’ll head to a local home for a lesson in cooking traditional Sri Lankan curries and desserts from the pros. Spend the afternoon nursing your food baby back at the hotel or head out and explore – it’s up to you.
Day 7 - Ella to Udawalawe
Been practising your best David Attenborough impersonation? We hope so. Today, we’re headed to Udawalawe National Park for more wildlife then you can point a camera lens at. On our Jeep safari you’ll have plenty of time to search for lounging leopards, creepy-looking crocs, sloth bears and wild elephants grazing across the savanna. If birds are more your thing, there’s a heap of them too. Tonight, we’re spending under the stars at an awesome-AF big game camp (Google it, trust us). Tuck into dinner with the crew and share holy sh*t moments of the day around a crackling campfire.
Day 8 - Udawalawe to Mirissa
Enjoy a sleep in this morning before we make our way to the coastal town of Mirissa (see, told you we’d be back). This is your chance to sit back and lap up all the palm-fringed, white-sand vibes so crack open a fresh coconut, find yourself a hammock and let the island life soak in. You could build up an appetite with an optional surfing lesson along Mirissa Beach or lap up the sunset views from the coconut farm up the road. Either way, you’ve got plenty of free time to do whatever you want so make the most of it.
Day 9 - Mirissa
Oh what’s that? A whole day to do whatever the hell I want? Awesome. If you’re here between November and April though, we recommend jumping on an optional whale watching tour to spot the migrating blue whales off the shore. Largest animal in the world, you know. You can throw some shakas at Weligama. Top up the tan along Marissa beach. Visit Coconut Island (watch your head). Or pull up a pew at a beach bar and take it all in. This is what you came for.
Day 10 - Mirissa to Galle
Get up early for a sunrise stroll on the beach before we move on to the historic city of Galle. We’ll swap six wheels for two as we cycle around the surrounding local villages – taking in the green fields, peaceful lakes and meeting some of the locals getting on with their day-to-day. With over 400 years of rich history, exploring the perfectly preserved colonial township of Galle is a must. Later, it’s off to the Galle Dutch Fort for an evening walk around this UNESCO Heritage-listed site before we say farewell over one last supper with the gang. You've got Whatsapp, right?
Day 11 - Galle to Negombo
If you’re heading off after breakfast, we’ve got your airport transfer sorted. Sticking around? There’s plenty more to see and do here. Who knows, one of your trip mates might be staying too. No one said the adventure needs to end here.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.