A Journey to the West
From 05/03/2022 to 11/03/2022
Explore Kings Park Botanical GardensFine dining with matching wines at Post Restaurant which is part of the State Building PrecinctPerth City Orientation TourPenguin Island Dolphin and Sea Lion CruiseBusselton JettyAboriginal Cultural ExperienceCape Naturalist LighthouseDinner with wines at Award winning restaurant Other Side of the Moon at Bunker BayChocolate tasting at Margaret RiverWine Tasting at Margaret River7 Course Degustation Lunch with matching wines at Margaret RiverBunbury Orientation TourRottnest Island Bus TourFremantle Locally Guided Walking Tour.
Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destinationMost meals, including Local Dining Experiences.
See Dining tab belowComplimentary refreshments throughout the journeyTravel by bespoke vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioningA maximum of 20 guests to share your journeyExpert Driver Guide escortsAll entrance and National Park feesSustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpackExclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communitiesBuilt-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wishAirport transfers (see Flight Information below).
Day 1 - On arrival in Perth spend time on your own to relax or explore the surroundings. This evening meet your Journey Director and new travelling companions at your hotel for a Welcome Reception with local Western Australian wine and beers along with local produce canapes.
Day 2 - This morning enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the hotel before you head out for a city sites tour. You Journey Director will show you the best city sites including Elizabeth Quay, Yagan Square and you will have time to explore Kings Park with its sweeping city views and some of the 3,000 species of the State's unique flora. This afternoon is free for you to relax or explore more of Perth's sites. Tonight, you will dine in Perth's heart of historical, cultural and dining precinct of the State Buildings.
Day 3 - Today you head to world renowned winery region of Margaret River. Leaving cosmopolitan Perth behind your first stop is Penguin Island. With its white sandy beaches and surrounded by crystal clear waters, Penguin Island lays in the heart of the ruggedly spectacular Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Here you will board your boat to cruise through Shoalwater Bay's wildlife Sanctuary to see dolphins, sea lions, penguins and sea birds. After your cruise you continue south to explore the historic Busselton Jetty that has been standing for more than 150 years. There is the chance to explore the jetty on foot or take the Jetty Train along this 1.84km timber piled jetty that is the longest in the southern hemisphere. Nestled on the white sandy beaches your accommodation for the night is the 5 Star Pullman Bunker Bay. Tonight, you will enjoy dinner at the Other Side of the Moon restaurant where you will dine on an array of fresh locally sourced seasonal produce with local wines.
Day 4 - Your day begins with a 'Welcome to Country' as part of your indigenous experience at Cape Naturaliste. Your local guide will escort you on a short walk around Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse precinct where they interpret the land through the eyes of an indigenous custodian followed by an artefact interpretation and didgeridoo experience. From Cape Naturaliste you'll drive through the vineyard lined roads to your Margaret River winery experience. Upon arrival the winemakers will take you on a guided walk through the rolling vineyard and then onto your highlight degustation lunch with matching wines. After you have indulged in your long lunch you will explore more of the region and there is time to explore the quaint town of Margaret River before returning to your hotel.
Day 5 - This morning why not relax with a morning stroll along the beautiful white sandy beach and turquoise waters of Bunker Bay. Then enjoy a leisurely breakfast with views out to the sparkling ocean before relaxing by the pool. Leaving wine country behind you will be hugging the coastline north as you continue along Australia's exquisite southwest coast to Fremantle. This afternoon you will join a local guide on a walking tour to explore some hidden gems and the historic streets of Fremantle.
Day 6 - Board your boat and escape across the open ocean to Rottnest Island, an island paradise lovingly referred to by the sun-worshipping locals as 'Rotto'. Feel the sand between your toes and keep a keen eye out for the happiest little animal on earth, the Quokka. Join a 'Local Specialist' on a guided Discovery Rottnest bus tour covering the length of the island's most spectacular locations. Delve into the island's history and culture, its pristine marine and land environments and the diverse flora and fauna. Enjoy lunch before exploring more of the beaches. This afternoon, you'll leave the pristine shoreline and cruise back to seaside Fremantle where tonight you'll join your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner. What better way to toast to a mesmerising journey with Local Western Australian wines matched with the seasonal farm to table menu.
Day 7 - Relax this morning as your journey comes to an end. You might choose to take in the intriguing Fremantle Markets before your Inspiring Journey comes to an end. You will be transferred by private car to the airport for your onward travel.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2022 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 January 2022 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.