Flavours of South Australia
From 29/10/2021 to 08/03/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Fri 29 2021 to Nov Tue 02 2021availableFrom$3,010*
Mar Fri 04 2022 to Mar Tue 08 2022availableFrom$3,010*
Try award winning gin, taste fresh oysters, homemade Turkish Delights and beautifully handcrafted soaps at the Adelaide Central MarketWatch the artisans at work in the Seppeltsfield Jam FactoryWatch soap being made at Vasse VirginLearn how cheese is made at Udder DelightsTry all of Maggie Beer's favourite sauces, spreads and dips at her farm in the Barossa Valley.
Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destinationMost meals, including Local Dining Experiences.
See Dining tab belowSpecialist team of two highly experienced Journey Director and Driver GuideTravel by bespoke vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioningExclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communitiesAirport transfers (see Flight Information below).
Day 1 - Be welcomed into your heritage-listed Venetian Gothic-style hotel, nestled amongst the leafy plane trees of Wakefield Street just minutes away from Adelaide's city centre. It's time to unwind in the hotel's courtyard, with a glass of sparkling wine in hand. You'll then effortlessly explore the city in a zero-emission caddy, ending at Adelaide Central Market. Meet your expert host Cheryl, who'll introduce the passionate market stall owners. You will taste signature dishes throughout the market, enjoying a four-course roaming dinner.
Day 2 - This morning enjoy a relaxing breakfast and some free time to explore Adelaide at your own pace before meeting your group and leaving the city for a taste of the country. On arrival, you'll visit Provenance Barossa, home to Penfolds Cellar Door, Barossa Distilling Company, Ember Pizzas and Stein's Taphouse to name but a few. Here you'll have time to wander and to taste the local fare. After checking into your accommodation this afternoon, head off to Seppeltsfield winery for a private Village Discovery Tour. Experience an award-winning mix of wine, food, craft and design before dining at the homestead where Executive Events Chef Owen Andrews will connect you to the region through seasonal plates showcasing local, sustainable produce.
Day 3 - Your day begins with breakfast overlooking the glorious Jacob's Creek vineyards, then add some Maggie Beer's flair to your cooking, in the very studio where Maggie and Simon filmed the Cook and the Chef, at a private demonstration. Sample the many products at her farm shop. Be sure to save room for some relaxed Barossa style long-table dining. You'll be grazing on a delicious lunch at St Hugo in their vine-draped courtyard. Leaving the Barossa behind and heading through the picturesque Adelaide Hills before arriving at your accommodation in the main street of historic Hahndorf. This afternoon visit Udder Delights, a cellar door of another kind. Here you'll taste a selection of delicious handmade artisan cheeses such as Blue Cheese, Chevre and Camembert, all produced locally from the Hills district to the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Day 4 - After breakfast and a chance to wander around the quaint shops of Hahndorf, our journey then takes us to the rich landscape of McLaren Vale and the quirky d'Arenberg Cube. This building was inspired by the complexities and puzzles of winemaking. Each of the five levels has been carefully designed to entice and excite the senses. Here, you'll be taken on a journey before arriving at the top floor for a tasting and 360-degree views of the vineyards and enjoy a delicious three-course lunch with wine at the stunning d'Arry's Verandah Restaurant. There will also be an opportunity for those interested to see the Salvador Dali exhibition. Our last stop will be at Gemtree tasting their biodynamic wines, a simple way of farming that enhances the soil and the taste. Heading back to Adelaide this afternoon, your evening is all yours to explore or relax at leisure.
Day 5 - This morning, we'll venture out one last time for a celebratory farewell breakfast. On saying goodbye to your newfound friends, you will be transferred by private vehicle to the airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 13 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans