Wonders of Australia
From 17/02/2022 to 25/02/2022
Food & Wine pairing at City Winery, BrisbaneAboriginal Walking Tour of Meeanjin (Brisbane)Australia Zoo visitKoala Hospital at Australia ZooGreat Barrier Reef CruiseSydney Opera House Locally Guided TourOur Big Kitchen, BondiSydney Harbour Dinner Cruise.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Day 1 - Welcome to Brisbane, the capital of Queensland! Today you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travel companions at a Welcome Reception, before enjoying a unique 'Be My Guest' experience at City Winery - Brisbane's first urban winery. Over a dinner hosted by the Group Sommelier or Winemaker, you'll learn about the inner workings of this micro-winery, which sources grapes from across Australia's celebrated wine regions. Learn about how food and wine work together in this unforgettable food and wine pairing. It is the perfect introduction to Brisbane's modern, vibrant and generous spirit.
Day 2 - This morning we'll head to Australia Zoo's Wildlife Hospital. Australia's wildlife is uniquely its own and much-loved by the world. See how AAT Kings works with the Wildlife Warriors and go behind the scenes to see how the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital is giving injured wildlife a second chance. Over a twelve month period, between 6,000 and 8,000 animals are brought to the hospital for lifesaving treatment. Returning to the city, we'll join an indigenous walking tour of Brisbane. As the captivating sounds of the Didgeridoo ring out, we'll uncover the fascinating history, art and rich cultural heritage of Meeanjin (Brisbane City) with an Aboriginal guide, whose ancestors inhabited the shores of the Brisbane River for over 40,000 years. The evening is yours, perhaps to explore the Queen Street Mall, Queen's Wharf or the trendy bars and restaurants of Brisbane's South Bank.
Day 3 - Fly to an unspoilt island paradise in the very heart of Queensland's Whitsundays, Hamilton Island. Slip straight into relaxation mode as you contemplate life on 'Hamo' - as it's affectionately known by locals - marvelling at its long white beaches and teal water, brimming with marine life. Book your spot on a sun lounger at the pool, head for a walk on one of the island's many hiking trails, or grab a golf buggy to explore this car-free coastal wonderland at your own pace (driver's licence still required). This evening you can enjoy sunset cocktails at One Tree Hill. Perched on a hilltop, the One Tree Hill lookout has some of the best views over the Whitsundays and is the perfect spot to end your day. Grab dinner at your hotel before heading to bed, tomorrow is a bucket-list day of epic proportions.
Day 4 - Explore the Whitsundays, an island archipelago in the Coral Sea - and your tropical gateway to the iconic Great Barrier Reef. Sail across the impossibly blue waters of the World Heritage-listed marine park to explore the hidden corners and colourful depths of the reef, making a stop at Whitsundays' floating pontoon, the perfect platform from which to experience the amazing marine life and corals of the Whitsundays. Swim or snorkel (equipment provided), before indulging in a buffet lunch, while a whole other world swims peacefully below. Or take a scenic flight from the pontoon and experience the Great Barrier Reef, one of the seven natural wonders of the world, from above - including the famous Heart Reef, a stunning composition of coral perfectly formed in the shape of a heart (optional experience).
Day 5 - Spend the day in complete relaxation or continue exploring the natural beauty of the island. Enjoy a coffee at the marina, lace up your hiking boots and head up Passage Peak for flagship views across the archipelago. Don your swimming togs for a dip in the warm waters off Catseye Beach - or go in search of Coral Cove, one of the island's most secluded stretches of beach. Island life does not get better than this. We highly recommend booking a catamaran cruise to Whitehaven - the most beautiful beach in all of the Whitsundays (and arguably, Australia). This stunning beach is 98 per cent pure white silica, providing a blindingly bright backdrop for the bay's swathes of turquoise water (optional experience).
Day 6 - An easy start to the day gives you some more time to enjoy Hamilton. Savour a leisurely breakfast, sneak in one last swim and soak up the views - soon we'll board our afternoon flight to Sydney. This evening we'll catch the sunset from Sydney's iconic Darling Harbour, watching the city light up around us as we enjoy dinner at a waterside restaurant.
Day 7 - This morning we'll join a Behind the Scenes Sydney Opera House Tour. You'll walk up the steps and under the 'sails' of this iconic building, to delve into the heart and history of one of the world's most beloved opera houses. Take in the Drama Theatre, the Playhouse and the spectacular Concert Hall, before pausing on the lower concourse to watch the world go by. For a change of scene, we'll head to Sydney's famous Bondi Beach. Enjoy some free time in order to wander along the strip, heading in and out of surf shops, which stand shoulder to shoulder with fashion boutiques and gift stores. Grab a bite to eat at one of Bondi's sidewalk caf?s - or dip your toes into the warm Pacific Ocean. Active souls can follow the boardwalk as it twists and turns above sandstone cliffs, past Australia's oldest lighthouse for dramatic views across the ocean. This afternoon we'll get involved locally at Our Big Kitchen, a community organisation that encourages individuals to help provide meals for those in need. This evening is at leisure, so take the opportunity to explore Sydney's vibrant CBD, Darling Harbour and Circular Quay.
Day 8 - Get your final fix of Sydney with a full day to explore. Soak up incredible city views on a ferry trip to Manly Beach, wander around the Royal Botanic Gardens, or get your adrenaline racing with a thrilling walk up (and over) Sydney Harbour Bridge. With so much to see and do, you'll need every last second available. This evening you'll join your Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Farewell Dinner cruise around Sydney Harbour. Have your camera handy as you sail past Sydney's most iconic sights, your Australian adventure is coming to end.
Day 9 - Departure day. It's a final, fond farewell to Sydney as we transfer you to Sydney Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 September 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 20 September 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans