Western Australian Discovery
From 08/03/2021 to 13/03/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Enjoy VIP tastings at some of Australia’s best wineries in Margaret RiverVisit Voyager Estate for a mouth-watering long lunch celebrating local produceDiscover the glorious marine and bird life of Shoalwater BayEnjoy a day sightseeing in the natural paradise of Rottnest IslandDelve deep into Indigenous culture at Cape Naturaliste with a local guideLearn about the history of Busselton Jetty as you walk along its 1.
84km trackRelax and enjoy the luxurious comfort of the 5-star Pullman Bunker BayUnwind in the 1850s landmark Esplanade Hotel, located in the heart of Fremantle.
Hand-picked accommodation, selected to immerse you in your destinationMost meals, including Local Dining Experiences (See Dining tab below)Complimentary refreshments throughout the journeyTravel by bespoke vehicle with reclining seats, WiFi and air-conditioningA maximum of 22 guests to share your journeyExpert Driver Guide escortAll entrance and National Park feesSustainable Travel Kit, including refillable water bottle and backpackExclusive immersive activities and interaction with local communitiesBuilt-in leisure time, to explore destinations as you wishAirport transfers (see Flight Information below).
Day 1 - Your epic culinary discovery of the South West begins in the thriving capital city of Perth. Upon arrival, meet your local Journey Director and fellow travellers, and amble along the Swan River to discover the picturesque wine region of the Swan Valley. The combination of soil quality, warm Mediterranean climate and the cooling breeze of the Fremantle Doctor result in excellent conditions for viticulture. Enjoy your first VIP wine tasting at the award-winning Sandalford Estate, where you'll meet the passionate winemakers for an in-depth tour. Relax and indulge in a long lunch celebrating local produce. This afternoon, return to Perth and enjoy some time at leisure before coming together for a Welcome reception with Western Australian wine and beer, and canapes made with delicious local produce.
Day 2 - Today your journey to the world-renowned wine region of Margaret River begins. Leaving cosmopolitan Perth behind, your first stop in the South West is the picturesque coastal town of Busselton. Enjoy the waterside cafes and restaurants for lunch before exploring 150-year-old Busselton Jetty, the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere and a source of local pride. You can choose to walk the length of the historic timber piled jetty or take the Jetty Train along its 1.84km track. Experience a 'Welcome to Country' ceremony as part of your indigenous experience at Cape Naturaliste. Your local guide will escort you on an interactive walk around Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse, interpreting the land through the eyes of an indigenous custodian, followed by an artefact and didgeridoo experience. Nestled among white sandy beaches, with views of seasonal migrating whales, your accommodation for the night is at 5-Star Pullman Bunker Bay. Enjoy dinner at the Other Side of the Moon restaurant with an array of fresh locally sourced seasonal produce paired with local wines.
Day 3 - From Bunker Bay you'll drive through vineyard-lined roads to the first of your Margaret River winery experiences. Upon arrival, your local host will share the stories of Leeuwin Estate's history, their wine-making philosophy and the unique regional setting. Visit the collection of renowned Australian artists' work in the gallery, then join your host for an introduction to award-winning wines and a wine flight paired with seasonal canapes to delight your senses. Continue through the rolling vineyard hills onto a mouth-watering long lunch at Voyager Estate. After indulging in your 4-course culinary experience, explore more of the region before returning to your hotel for dinner.
Day 4 - Relax with a morning stroll along the beautiful white sandy beach and turquoise waters of Bunker Bay. After breakfast you will hug the west coast coastline north to Rockingham and Penguin Island for the chance to see dolphins in the wild. Surrounded by crystal clear waters, Penguin Island lies in the heart of the ruggedly spectacular Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Here you will board your boat for an unforgettable afternoon at Shoalwater Bay's wildlife Sanctuary, where you will see dolphins, sea lions, sea birds and flourishing marine life. This afternoon, arrive in Fremantle, a thriving cultural hub housing Western Australia's biggest Port. Soak up the laid-back atmosphere and enjoy an evening strolling among local eateries and bars, and perhaps take a close look at local legend Bon Scott's statue.
Day 5 - Enjoy a day at leisure to explore the magnificent Fremantle and Rottnest Island area as you please. Perhaps take a short ferry ride across the waters to Rottnest Island, with its jaw dropping beaches and inviting crystal clear waters. With dedicated bike tracks, spend the day exploring this outdoor paradise and keep an eye out for the happiest animal on earth, the quokka. Alternatively, spend the day in Fremantle exploring the back streets on an award-winning food lover guided walking tour. In the evening, join your Journey Director and fellow travellers for a Celebration Dinner with wine and local produce.
Day 6 - It's time to say goodbye to Fremantle as your trip comes to an end. A private transfer will take you to Perth Airport for your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 January 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.